Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: What happened to the Mauser?  (Read 92318 times)

Online Mitch Todd

Re: What happened to the Mauser?
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 05:16:48 PM »
Advertisement
Anna-Marie also discovered an empty envelope, originally marked, "Shell 7.5

found in Dealey Plaza 11/22/63. This would be an expended cartridge found

somewhere in Dealey Plaza, presumably not far from where it was fired; and

regardless of where in Dealey Plaza it was found (which the envelope doesn't

state), it's a 7.5 caliber, not a 6.5 caliber like the Mannlicher-Carcano. No

one outside a very select circle, apparently, ever heard of this item before.

Why is the envelope empty? Written right after the previously quoted

description: "DETERMINED OF NO VALUE AND DESTROYED."

Well, looks like we had a 7.65 bullet recovered but no Mauser.The letter describing the delivery to Baltimore of the need to have 2 agents pick up the gun that killed JFK AND "the bullet that struck Gov. Connally" creates a REAL problem for LNs. It was written by SAC Gordon Shanklin on 11-22-63 & the agents delivered it on 12/3/63. BTW, I posted the picture of the rifle w/o the scope....it is NOT the rifle that was held by the strap (Manlicher Carcano 6.5) found on the 6th floor of the TSBD.The empty envelope in the National Archives labeled 7.65 and recovered in Dealey Plaza is a problem as well. Well come to think of it there were 4 wounds in JFK and Connally, bullet hole in the windshield,hole in the chrome trim, hole in the curb (chiseled up & removed), 2 bullet holes in the the man hole cover, one in the grass etc.   

7.5 would be for a Lebel and not a Mauser. I guess you can rechamber the Mauser for 7.5mm Lebel, but who would want to?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 05:16:48 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2018, 07:42:54 PM »
The building was surrounded by reporters, film camera and photographers.

Everything was done either long beforehand or long afterward.
The cops had what they were looking for.

Yeah a Mauser looks similar to a Carcano.... let's see, a barrel-a stock-a bolt- a trigger

Offline Jake Maxwell

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2018, 07:47:21 PM »
Walt, The Caster/Ball interview posted in this thread seems to make it very clear that there was a Mauser... and there are also pictures - film footage, that seems to indicate there was a Mauser... I don't think this is disinformation....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2018, 07:47:21 PM »

Offline Jake Maxwell

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2018, 10:48:39 PM »
Jim, I've seen part of a film with a rifle being handled and observed by several onlookers, but I don't think I've seen film of a rifle being lowered from the TSD.... Is there a link... or where to look?
Thanks.... Jake

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2018, 11:10:38 PM »
Walt, The Caster/Ball interview posted in this thread seems to make it very clear that there was a Mauser... and there are also pictures - film footage, that seems to indicate there was a Mauser... I don't think this is disinformation....

Believe what ever floats yer boat....But I 'm 99.9% certain that there was no mauser found in the TSBD (or on the roof)that day.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2018, 11:10:38 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2018, 11:20:24 PM »
A group of Dallas Police Department detectives, including Will Fritz, Seymour Weitzman, Roger Craig, Eugene Boone and Luke Mooney searched the Texas School Book Depository soon after the assassination of John F. Kennedy. On the sixth floor they discovered a rifle hidden beneath some boxes. The detectives identified it as a 7.65 Mauser. District Attorney Henry M. Wade, in a television interview, told the nation that the rifle was a Mauser.
http://spartacus-educational.com/JFKSmannlicher.htm

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2018, 12:09:45 AM »
 I assume there is no debate Fritz is holding the Manlicher over his head while he is calling it a Mauser? 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2018, 12:09:45 AM »

Offline Jim Brazell

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2018, 02:24:31 AM »
Matt thanks for the welcome ! Look forward to interacting with you and others here as well. On the Mauser, I was not aware that recently released FOI info has the CIA stating in a memorandum on Nov. 25th that the rifle purchased by Oswald was a MAUSER and 3 days later the CIA states that the reports in the press of the weapon being a Mannlicher-Carcano "ARE IN ERROR". Although, Roger Craig didn't live to see this FOI info, his testimony appears to be vindicated as well as Seymour Weitzman's affidavit that he saw a Mauser. I apologize that I'm not better at editing the videos down but here is the video....The Roger Craig Story....pay special attention to the 13:00-15:00 minute mark. I know there is a video section here but when discussing a subject, I think it is better to have the info right HERE at hand. If I'm doing something wrong, please let me know.