Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: What happened to the Mauser?  (Read 94503 times)

Offline Tim Nickerson

Re: What happened to the Mauser?
« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2018, 05:48:04 PM »
Advertisement
Nice attempt at shifting the burden. You claim that no Mauser was found in the TSBD, but the CIA said otherwise and this document was dated three days after the assassination.

For once deal with the evidence and explain how all the evidence saying that the rifle was Mauser was "mistaken."

In the document that you linked to, the CIA said that Lee Harvey Oswald shot President Kennedy and that he also killed a Texas policeman. Let's see you deal with those.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2018, 05:48:04 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2018, 05:50:29 PM »
Tim Thanks for not ridiculing my position on the two Oswalds I know you, and many other feel it is ridicule worthy, and I totally get it. I don't have a 100 percent conclusion by any means. but when the question of 5'10 came up I just felt I could not avoid it

5'10"? Wouldn't that mean a third Oswald? Harold perhaps?

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2018, 06:10:22 PM »
5'10"? Wouldn't that mean a third Oswald? Harold perhaps?

I assume you just want to make a rhetorical point?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2018, 06:10:22 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #131 on: July 04, 2018, 06:53:23 PM »
I assume you just want to make a rhetorical point?

Doesn't the "Harvey and Lee" narrative have Lee as being 5'11" and Harvey as being 5'9"? With that in mind, wouldn't 5'10" mean a third Oswald?

Offline Mike Orr

« Reply #132 on: July 04, 2018, 08:30:11 PM »
Fritz , Boone and Weitzman would recant their stories and all would say they had been mistaken all along. Roger Craig examines the rifle up close ( 6 to 8 inches ) and he saw "7.65 Mauser" stamped on the barrel. He further states that Weitzman saw it too and pointed it out . Importantly , it should be pointed out here--that no signed or sworn Affidavit by any police officer involved with the finding of the rifle listed it as a Mannlicher-Carcano--only as a Mauser .

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #132 on: July 04, 2018, 08:30:11 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #133 on: July 04, 2018, 09:50:47 PM »
Fritz , Boone and Weitzman would recant their stories and all would say they had been mistaken all along. Roger Craig examines the rifle up close ( 6 to 8 inches ) and he saw "7.65 Mauser" stamped on the barrel. He further states that Weitzman saw it too and pointed it out . Importantly , it should be pointed out here--that no signed or sworn Affidavit by any police officer involved with the finding of the rifle listed it as a Mannlicher-Carcano--only as a Mauser .

Roger Craig examines the rifle up close ( 6 to 8 inches ) and he saw "7.65 Mauser" stamped on the barrel. He further states that Weitzman saw it too and pointed it out .

It's a shame that Roger Craig was a liar....  And even more unfortunate that he went to his grave without recanting the lies.

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #134 on: July 04, 2018, 11:24:55 PM »
Roger Craig examines the rifle up close ( 6 to 8 inches ) and he saw "7.65 Mauser" stamped on the barrel. He further states that Weitzman saw it too and pointed it out .

It's a shame that Roger Craig was a liar....  And even more unfortunate that he went to his grave without recanting the lies.

Considering what happened to him, why the hell would Craig lie? You have to believe that he was mentally ill before the Big Event otherwise he wouldn't have turned into a lying conspiracy nutjob and killed himself with a .22 caliber rifle shot to the chest.

And you still haven't told us where the "7.65" came from. No one would have known that was the caliber of a Mauser, except maybe the conspirators. And Craig wasn't the only one. Seymour Weitzman swore an affidavit that it was not only a Mauser, but model 7.65. He later recanted, but he was smart to do so, unlike Craig. Weitzman was in the Air Force and his experience with guns was with Thompson machine guns and pistols, not Mausers. So I ask again, where did he and Craig come up with the 7.65, which they 1st claimed to have read off the barrel?

You believe this was a conspiracy, don't you? Do you believe there were any shots taken from the 6th floor? If so, do you believe the unreliable MC was used to take the shots? That's what the Mauser was for. But Keystone cop Fritz botched up the crime scene many times over. Doesn't this sound like a Fritz gaffe to you? "Oops, just put the Mauser back where you found it and get the MC behind those boxes over there. Nothing to see here folks..move along."

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #134 on: July 04, 2018, 11:24:55 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #135 on: July 05, 2018, 12:22:58 AM »

It certainly goes to show that even if/though the rifle was misidentified, nobody seemed to want to own up to the mistake. 

Typically, if there was something/anything that pointed away from the official story...it was a mistake/error/inaccuracy/boo boo.