Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 342766 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #568 on: June 16, 2018, 04:38:43 AM »
Advertisement
my doubt re: number of shells by whom....already have

...from the start the CoE on the "Davis Shells" lol  is certainly not clear
I think Tom Sorensen has already explained that to you more than once

Sorenson, as usual, is wrong.  Both Doughty and Dhority positively identified the shells given to them by each of the Davis sisters.

Whenever you're ready to actually show what the problem is with the chain of custody of these two shells, I'd love to have a look.  So far, all I have seen you do is As I was walking a' alane, I heard twa corbies makin' a mane. The tane untae the tither did say, Whaur sail we gang and dine the day, O. Whaur sail we gang and dine the day?  It's in ahint yon auld fail dyke I wot there lies a new slain knight; And naebody kens that he lies there But his hawk and his hound, and his lady fair, O. But his hawk and his hound, and his lady fair.  His hound is to the hunting gane His hawk to fetch the wild-fowl hame, His lady ta'en anither mate, So we may mak' our dinner swate, O. So we may mak' our dinner swate.  Ye'll sit on his white hause-bane, And I'll pike oot his bonny blue e'en Wi' ae lock o' his gowden hair We'll theek oor nest when it grows bare, O. We'll theek oor nest when it grows bare.  There's mony a ane for him maks mane But nane sail ken whaur he is gane O'er his white banes when they are bare The wind sail blaw for evermair, O. The wind sail blaw for evermair.' about how there is a problem, but I haven't seen you show what the problem is.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 05:54:11 AM by Bill Brown »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #568 on: June 16, 2018, 04:38:43 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #569 on: June 16, 2018, 04:40:23 AM »
Super -Duper Ultra right wing Kennedy hater asst DA Bill Alexander tagged along with the dynamic duo of Hill and Westbrook. None of these guys were homicide investigators. They were personnel department officers and a prosecutor. Who knows what they were really up to? William Alexander never testified to the Warren Commission.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #570 on: June 16, 2018, 04:48:20 AM »
You are technically correct, but I needed to get the nomenclature issue out of the way first. I also helps that you acknowledged what I said.

Hill would later say that he assumed they were from an automatic because of the way they were scattered. I think there may be more to it than that. Think of Summers' transmission about a ".32 dark finish automatic." Some witness at the scene had to be talking about an auto, and I wouldn't be surprised if Hill heard that description ,or about it, and it influenced his thinking. He hears about a witness describing a .32 auto, sees the .38 Special cases scattered about (and no .32 cases or reports of extra gunmen), and figures that no witness would really be able to tell the caliber of the pistol simply from looking at it from 20 feet away. Therefore, an automatic pistol firing .38 special.

BTW, any more, Ted Callaway is generally held to be the witness responsible for the .32 dark finish automatic . He never got closer to it than the width of Patton Ave, which Google tells me is 30' curb to curb and 45' from sidewalk to sidewalk*. I wouldn't put that much significance to his ID, other than the two things easily divined at that distance: it's size and color. A .32 auto is a relatively compact weapon, and Summers said it best: "dark finish". Both of which happen to fit the description of Oswald's stubby-barreled pistol.

* sidewalks along that stretch of Patton have been redone, so may not be where they were in 1963.

The FBI estimated that the closest Callaway was to Oswald was fifty-six feet.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #570 on: June 16, 2018, 04:48:20 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #571 on: June 16, 2018, 04:54:06 AM »
The Tippit shooting star witness-Helen Markham stated that she left her house at 1:00 as she usually did. That time was dismissed....she must have been 'mistaken'.
She could not point out LHO and say 'That's him there!'
Even after being prepped for her testimony, she still wasn't sure [already posted here umpteen times] The Davis girls didn't put their initials on the shells did they? That starts the CoE legally.

Supposedly "being prepped for her testimony" in 1964 has absolutely nothing to do with her positive identification of Lee Oswald as the killer on Nov. 22, 1963.

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #572 on: June 16, 2018, 04:56:43 AM »
Who said anything about Oswald? My post had a title for easy reading - so I thought
I cited "Seven officers that wrote: a suspect arrested or questioned in the balcony"
did they not write one of these in their report?

Neither Buhk nor Carroll mentioned an arrest on the balcony or any questioning of any suspects on the balcony. You're still completely wrong there.

Cunningham and Toney did start asking questions of a guy sitting on or next to the stairs on the balcony, but it doesn't sound like he'd risen to the level of actually being a suspect. Toney said the "manager on duty" told them that "this subject had been in the theater since about 12:05," and that was the end of it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #572 on: June 16, 2018, 04:56:43 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #573 on: June 16, 2018, 05:02:53 AM »

I would suggest that your bar is exceedingly high. Its not one that courts of law adhere to.

Since when are you an expert on how high or low courts of law determine the bar must be?

I wasn't even aware that some sort of universal standard existed, so please enlighten me.....

Btw, Tim, I find it somewhat odd that you seem to feel that merely asking for a sound and conclusive chain of custody for a piece of evidence is somehow raising the bar "exceedingly high".

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #574 on: June 16, 2018, 05:03:19 AM »
The legal chain of custody does not start until the first law enforcement officer takes possession.

That's exactly right... and those law enforcement officers (Doughty and Dhority) later both positively identified the two shells as the shells turned over to them by the Davis girls.

A proper chain of possession must be maintained from the time it is collected by law enforcement personnel to the time it appears in court.

These clowns can claim there is a problem with the chain of custody, but any clown can make any claim they want, no matter how hollow, unfounded and wrong the claim is.  It is another thing entirely to actually show what the chain of custody problem is.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 05:06:49 AM by Bill Brown »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #574 on: June 16, 2018, 05:03:19 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #575 on: June 16, 2018, 05:12:36 AM »
So every available officer was needed to check out a kid running across the lawn? Why not send a few and also get the man in the parking lot? Please explain why BOTH couldn't have been done.

Cite for your absurd claim that every available officer ended up going to the library.

C.T. Walker, after seeing the man (Hamby) run into the library, radioed to dispatch that he was going around to the back and he wanted dispatch to get someone to watch the front.