Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 342667 times)

Offline Tim Nickerson

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #552 on: June 15, 2018, 08:48:08 PM »
Advertisement
Sorry, I don't know exactly where those shells were found..and neither do you
I guess a proper chain of custody would be needed to prove those actually were the shells.

A proper chain of custody would not be needed, even though there was one for the Davis shells.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #552 on: June 15, 2018, 08:48:08 PM »

Offline Mike Orr

« Reply #553 on: June 15, 2018, 09:12:30 PM »
There doesn't seem to be a "chain of evidence" for anything involving the JFK Assassination. No wonder there are so many questions and doubts. You don't know where to start and it is very hard to believe very much at all. What a shock !

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #554 on: June 15, 2018, 10:09:34 PM »
Sorry, I don't know exactly where those shells were found..and neither do you
I guess a proper chain of custody would be needed to prove those actually were the shells.

We do know where the shells were found, unless you have reason to doubt the stories of Domingo Benavides, Barbara Davis and Virginia Davis.  Please post what you've read which casts doubt on where these witnesses said they found the shells.  Go on.

There is not a single piece of problem with the chain of custody of the two Davis shells.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #554 on: June 15, 2018, 10:09:34 PM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #555 on: June 15, 2018, 11:44:14 PM »
There doesn't seem to be a "chain of evidence" for anything involving the JFK Assassination. No wonder there are so many questions and doubts. You don't know where to start and it is very hard to believe very much at all. What a shock !

No doubt Mike And the beauty of that is that for the NNers is they can thus can paint us as some sort of psychopatholigized compulsive cynics

Online Steve Howsley

« Reply #556 on: June 15, 2018, 11:49:13 PM »
No doubt Mike And the beauty of that is that for the NNers is they can thus can paint us as some sort of psychopatholigized compulsive cynics

That comment makes it clear that you are a CTer through and through. Quite revealing. I was thinking you might be a fence sitter but I was wrong.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #556 on: June 15, 2018, 11:49:13 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #557 on: June 15, 2018, 11:55:00 PM »

He's wrong Matt. There are chains of custody for numerous items of evidence. That CTs refuse to acknowledge them or accept them as valid does not negate the fact that they exist.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #558 on: June 16, 2018, 12:54:28 AM »

He's wrong Matt. There are chains of custody for numerous items of evidence. That CTs refuse to acknowledge them or accept them as valid does not negate the fact that they exist.

Nor does the fact that you prefer not to see the obvious problems with some of those alleged chains of custody doesn't mean that they are valid or even credible. It just means that your bar is at a very low level.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #558 on: June 16, 2018, 12:54:28 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #559 on: June 16, 2018, 01:13:32 AM »
Your lingo lesson and speculation into what Hill meant will not change the transcript showing "Automatic" referred to the weapon.

You are technically correct, but I needed to get the nomenclature issue out of the way first. I also helps that you acknowledged what I said.

Hill would later say that he assumed they were from an automatic because of the way they were scattered. I think there may be more to it than that. Think of Summers' transmission about a ".32 dark finish automatic." Some witness at the scene had to be talking about an auto, and I wouldn't be surprised if Hill heard that description ,or about it, and it influenced his thinking. He hears about a witness describing a .32 auto, sees the .38 Special cases scattered about (and no .32 cases or reports of extra gunmen), and figures that no witness would really be able to tell the caliber of the pistol simply from looking at it from 20 feet away. Therefore, an automatic pistol firing .38 special.

BTW, any more, Ted Callaway is generally held to be the witness responsible for the .32 dark finish automatic . He never got closer to it than the width of Patton Ave, which Google tells me is 30' curb to curb and 45' from sidewalk to sidewalk*. I wouldn't put that much significance to his ID, other than the two things easily divined at that distance: it's size and color. A .32 auto is a relatively compact weapon, and Summers said it best: "dark finish". Both of which happen to fit the description of Oswald's stubby-barreled pistol.

* sidewalks along that stretch of Patton have been redone, so may not be where they were in 1963.