Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 342613 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #544 on: June 15, 2018, 07:24:06 AM »
Advertisement
I always find it sad that some have no problem with the DPD calling everyone to the library because a kid was running across the lawn when they had a man cornered in the lot behind the gas station.

And if other officers were NOT called to the library, you would then criticize them for not exhausting all possible leads since they knew the patsy was in the theater.  In fact, I've seen you do this exact sort of thing more than once.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #544 on: June 15, 2018, 07:24:06 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #545 on: June 15, 2018, 09:26:49 AM »
Gerald Hill, regarding the writing of the arrest report...

I explained to trim that this was the suspect on Tippit and did he want us to make up the arrest sheet, or would they make them up.
We were trying to get together to decide who was going to make the offense report and get all the little technicalities out of the way when a detective named Richard Stovall and another one, G. F. Rose, came up, and the four of us were standing when Captain Fritz walked in.
He walked up to Rose and Stovall and made the statement to them, "Go get a search warrant and go out to some address on Fifth Street," and I don't recall the actual street number, in Irving, and "pick up a man named Lee Oswald."
And I asked the captain why he wanted him, and he said, "Well, he was employed down at the Book Depository and he had not been present for a roll call of the employees."
And we said, "Captain, we will save you a trip," or words to that effect, "Because there he sits."
And with that, we relinquished our prisoner to the homicide and robbery bureau, to Captain Fritz.
Walker, Bentley, Lyons, Carroll, and I knew that the prisoner had received a laceration and bruises while effecting his arrest, and that an officer had been scratched while effecting the arrest, and that Bentley had sprained an ankle, and Lyons had sprained an ankle while effecting the arrest--they were fixing to have to make a whole bushel basket of reports--we adjourned to the personnel office, which was further down the hall from homicide and I sat down and started to try to organize the first report on the arrest.
I originally had the heading on it, "Injuries sustained by suspect while effecting his arrest in connection with the murder of Officer J. D. Tippit," and a few minutes later Captain Westbrook came in the office and said that our suspect had admitted being a Communist. This is strictly hearsay. I did not hear it myself.
He himself also said a few minutes later he had previously been in the Marine Corps, had a dishonorable discharge, had been to Russia, and had had some trouble with the police in New Orleans for passing out pro-Castro literature.
This still is all hearsay because I didn't actually hear it firsthand myself.
And at about this point Captain Westbrook suggested that I change the heading of my report to include arrest of the suspect in the assassination of the President and in the murder of Officer J. D. Tippit, which I did.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #546 on: June 15, 2018, 01:25:22 PM »
Your lingo lesson and speculation into what Hill meant will not change the transcript showing "Automatic" referred to the weapon.

I agree with Todd.....  Hill simply thought that the marking 38 SPL ( 38 special) indicated a automatic handgun. 

But we know from numerous witnesses that the man who shot JD Tippit was using a REVOLVER....So arguing about Hill's proclamation is a waste of time and a distractraction from the FACTS. 

This debate is akin to the silly distraction about a mauser being found hidden beneath the boxes on the sixth floor when it is abundantly clear that the rifle was a Mannlicher Carcano.   Arguing about whether the gun used by Tippit's killer was a automatic or a revolver is a game for those who want to distract.

The eyewitnesses and the shells that were widely disbursed at the scene speak loud and clear.... The Killer was using a REVOLVER and it was NOT a Smith and Wesson.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #546 on: June 15, 2018, 01:25:22 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #547 on: June 15, 2018, 04:48:24 PM »
What is it you need from me? Tim and I had the conversation and the issue was addressed Do I owe you some extra confession? Paraphrasing happens and sometimes a person leaves something out that is not as important as it is to those on the other side?  Also I remain unconvinced of the significance

Just get your facts straight re witness testimony. They were there. We weren't.

You have just shown that accurate quoting of a witness is not important to you. You definitely fit right in with the CT crowd around here

You CTers are nothing but a gang of gaslighters.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 05:00:15 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #548 on: June 15, 2018, 05:07:16 PM »
Just get your facts straight re witness testimony. They were there. We weren't.

You have just shown that accurate quoting of a witness is not important to you. You definitely fit right in with the CT crowd around here

You CTers are nothing but a gang of gaslighters.

On it goes. Generally when I quote directly it is clear that I am doing so. Therefore when paraphrasing is occurring some folks without agendas are able to understand the difference Was there an indication I was quoting Barrett directly?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 06:23:31 PM by Matt Grantham »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #548 on: June 15, 2018, 05:07:16 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #549 on: June 15, 2018, 06:11:47 PM »
If the shells were from an automatic weapon, why weren't they found near Tippit's patrol car where the shooter was standing when he fired the shots?  The shells were found about one hundred feet away.  Do you seriously believe the killer went through the process of picking up the shells that had just been automatically ejected only to throw them down once he reached the Davis yard?  Please explain.

circle back
...to Brown's opinion on where these shells are expected to land or where they are found

Domingo Benavides:
"...they were looking all over the place for evidence and everything...and taking fingerprints and what have you...So--I guess they were gonna just walk off and leave them not knowing they was there..and seeing I knew where they was at - I walked over and picked up a stick and picked them up and put them in a Winston package...I think I picked up two and put them in the Winston package and as I was walking back I picked the other one up by hand..."

What's your point?  Shells ejected from the automatic weapon and flew over one hundred feet through the air before landing over by the corner?

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #550 on: June 15, 2018, 06:15:20 PM »
I agree with Todd.....  Hill simply thought that the marking 38 SPL ( 38 special) indicated a automatic handgun. 

But we know from numerous witnesses that the man who shot JD Tippit was using a REVOLVER....So arguing about Hill's proclamation is a waste of time and a distractraction from the FACTS. 

This debate is akin to the silly distraction about a mauser being found hidden beneath the boxes on the sixth floor when it is abundantly clear that the rifle was a Mannlicher Carcano.   Arguing about whether the gun used by Tippit's killer was a automatic or a revolver is a game for those who want to distract.

The eyewitnesses and the shells that were widely disbursed at the scene speak loud and clear.... The Killer was using a REVOLVER....

Indeed.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #550 on: June 15, 2018, 06:15:20 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #551 on: June 15, 2018, 07:27:07 PM »
You obviously missed it DUH...how many shells did the Davis sisters find? Benavides? LOL!
You can't connect a proper chain of custody to those shells starting where they are found

That is not the point being discussed at all.

I asked you to explain, if the shells were from an automatic weapon, how they came to be found about one hundred feet away from where the shooter was standing when he fired the shots.  Why can't you respond to that instead of taking the conversation in an entirely different direction?

Unless, of course, you believe the shells were NOT from an automatic weapon.  Do you?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 07:29:27 PM by Bill Brown »