Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 342779 times)

Offline Tim Nickerson

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #480 on: June 13, 2018, 10:06:48 PM »
Advertisement
OK Tim you tell me what you believe the amount of leeway the term "approximately" merits in a context such as this If such large latitudes are to be accepted then closer questioning should be required Do you a time of arrest at the theater?

When someone uses the hour or half hour in their approximation, a give or take of 15 minutes seems reasonable. Some witnesses to the Tippit shooting said they heard the shots at approximately 1:00 pm. Others said approximately 1:30 pm.

Oswald was arrested at 1:50 pm, give or take a minute or two.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #480 on: June 13, 2018, 10:06:48 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #481 on: June 13, 2018, 10:09:18 PM »
  Doesn't the McAdams transcript show the Dispatcher says at 1.40 'They already have hi' in reference to the Tippit suspect?

"No, that wasn't the right one. (1:44 p.m.)"

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #482 on: June 13, 2018, 10:11:26 PM »
When someone uses the hour or half hour in their approximation, a give or take of 15 minutes seems reasonable. Some witnesses to the Tippit shooting said they heard the shots at approximately 1:00 pm. Others said approximately 1:30 pm.

Oswald was arrested at 1:50 pm, give or take a minute or two.

What does the dispatcher saying they already got him at 1.40 signify?

In terms of reasonable approximations It depends on the context, in a court setting I would suggest no more than five

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #482 on: June 13, 2018, 10:11:26 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #483 on: June 13, 2018, 10:14:34 PM »
Thanks Tim

Barret says he arrived sometime after 2 , yet Oswald was in custody at 1.50?

Show us where Barrett said 'sometime after 2'
Pretty sure he said 'approximately' 2

You wouldn't happen to be twisting what Barret actually said, now would you...

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #484 on: June 13, 2018, 10:16:48 PM »
What does the dispatcher saying they already got him at 1.40 signify?

What do you think it signifies? What do you think "No, that wasn't the right one" signifies?

In terms of reasonable approximations It depends on the context, in a court setting I would suggest no more than five

I would suggest that you are wrong.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #484 on: June 13, 2018, 10:16:48 PM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #485 on: June 13, 2018, 10:38:02 PM »
Show us where Barrett said 'sometime after 2'
Pretty sure he said 'approximately' 2

You wouldn't happen to be twisting what Barret actually said, now would you...

If you were keeping up Bill you may have noticed we have been addressing the significance of the term approximately

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #486 on: June 13, 2018, 10:57:44 PM »
What do you think it signifies? What do you think "No, that wasn't the right one" signifies?

It would say it signifies something that belongs on the two Oswald's thread  Hoewever it does suggest they may not have gotten the correct Oswald at 1.40

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #486 on: June 13, 2018, 10:57:44 PM »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #487 on: June 13, 2018, 11:18:20 PM »
 Am I uto understand there is nothing on the police audio transcripts about a suspect at the theater until officers have already arrived?

It seems odd McDonald is not asked why he went to the Texas theater? Nor does Ball ask him for an estimate of the time he went there

Mr. McDONALD - After I was satisfied that this teenager that had run into the library didn't fit the description, I went back to my squad car, put my shotgun back in the rack. Just as I got into the squad car, it was reported that a suspect was seen running into the Texas Theatre, 231 West Jefferson.
So I reported to that location Code 3. This is approximately seven blocks from the library, seven blocks west.
Mr. BALL - Did you go down there with your partner?
Mr. McDONALD - No, sir; I had let my partner out on arrival; my first arrival in the 400 block.
Mr. BALL - He was on foot?
Mr. McDONALD - Yes, sir; I didn't see him any more that day.
Mr. BALL - You went down to the Texas Theatre?

Again with Hill The time he entered the theater is not asked

The next place I went was, I walked up the street about half a block to a church. That would have been on the northeast corner of 10th Street in the 400 block, further west of the shooting, and was preparing to go in when there were two women who came out and said they were employees inside and had been there all the time. I asked them had they seen anybody enter the church, because we were still looking for possible places for the suspect to hide. And they said nobody passed them, nobody entered the church, but they invited us to check the rest of the doors and windows and go inside if we wanted to.
An accident investigator named Bob Apple was at the location at that time, and we were standing there together near his car when the call came out that the suspect had been seen entering the Texas Theatre.
Mr. BELIN. What did you do then?

Same with Westbrook

Mr. WESTBROOK. It could have been, sir; I don't recall, because I directed someone there to be sure and get her name for the report, but she lived directly across the street, and she told us--or was in the process of telling us how it occurred--what she had seen, when someone hollered a patrolman hollered--"It's just come over the radio that they've got a suspicious person in the Texas Theatre."
Then, Sergeant Stringer, I, and Agent Barrett got in another squad car, and I don't know what officer was driving this one, but then when we arrived and were approaching the theatre, I directed the patrolman to turn down into the alley instead of going around to the front because I figured there would be a lot of cars at the front. There were two or three at the back.
So, I and Barrett---Stringer went to another door, and I and Barrett---we stopped at the first one---we got out and walked to this first entrance that was nearest us, and as we walked into the door we met an employee of the theatre.
Again, I do not know his name, but it was taken, and he pointed--I don't think I said anything to him--I think he told me, he said, "The man you are looking for--" Now, right here, Barrett and I became separated for a short minute or two. I think he was on the other side of the stage, and I'm not for sure, but this boy reported--he pointed to a man that was sitting about the middle the middle row of seats pretty close to the back and he said, "That is the man you are looking for."
And I started toward him and I had taken about two or three steps--down the steps.

Hawkins

Mr. HAWKINS. Yes, sir; he is a three-wheel officer. We went to the library and this turned out to be an employee of the library who had heard of the news and was apparently running in the library to tell the other employees there.
We then, after this checked out, we then continued circling in the area around 10th and Patton and Marsalis and Jefferson.
We then heard on the police radio that a suspicious person was at the Texas Theatre, and at this time we proceeded to the theatre.
Mr. BALL. Where did you park?
Mr. HAWKINS. I parked my squad car in the alley at the rear of the theatre.
Mr. BALL. Then, what did you do?
Mr. McDONALD - Yes, sir.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 11:57:59 PM by Matt Grantham »