Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 354958 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #1896 on: September 17, 2020, 07:41:07 PM »
Advertisement
Radford Lee Hill, 41, confessed that he killed Eddy Benavides in a bar brawl at 'THE WHEEL' and served 20 months in prison for manslaughter. Eddy Benavides was not involved in the brawl, he was ducking for cover when he was hit in the head by a shotgun blast. The death certificate John posted is (obviously) correct. A bit late to start fact checking now, isn't it? Maybe a good idea to do that before publishing a book, you think?

The misinformation about Eddy being shot in 1964 is pervasive.  Bugliosi didn't challenge it either.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1896 on: September 17, 2020, 07:41:07 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1897 on: September 17, 2020, 07:51:43 PM »
Please do check it out.  Texas death certificates are public after 25 years, and both ancestry.com and familysearch.org have copies.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1898 on: September 17, 2020, 09:46:46 PM »
I don't recall Domingo ever saying that he was certain the shooter was Oswald.

Yer right....The closest Benevides came to actually identifing the gunman was when he said ...." Oswald... or whoever the other man was"

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1898 on: September 17, 2020, 09:46:46 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #1899 on: September 17, 2020, 10:07:26 PM »
Yer right....The closest Benevides came to actually identifing the gunman was when he said ...." Oswald... or whoever the other man was"

Mr. BENAVIDES - I then pulled on up and I seen this officer standing by the door. The door was open to the car, and I was pretty close to him, and I seen Oswald, or the man that shot him, standing on the other side of the car.
Mr. BELIN - All right. Did you see the officer as he was getting out of the car?
Mr. BENAVIDES - No; I seen as he was, well, he had his hand on the door and kind of in a hurry to get out, it seemed like.
Mr. BELIN - Had he already gotten out of the car?
Mr. BENAVIDES - He had already gotten around.
Mr. BELIN - Where did you see the other man?
Mr. BENAVIDES - The other man was standing to the right side of the car, riders side of the car, and was standing right in front of the windshield on the right front fender. And then I heard the shot. Actually I wasn't looking for anything like that, so I heard the shot, and I just turned into the curb. Looked around to miss a car, I think.

Mr. BELIN - You used the name Oswald. How did you know this man was Oswald?
Mr. BENAVIDES - From the pictures I had seen. It looked like a guy, resembled the guy. That was the reason I figured it was Oswald
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 10:14:42 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #1900 on: September 17, 2020, 10:07:59 PM »
  And it was in fact after Edward's death that Domingo changed his story and said he was certain the shooter was Oswald.
I believe you are thinking about Warren Reynolds. 
https://spartacus-educational.com/JFKreynolds.htm 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1900 on: September 17, 2020, 10:07:59 PM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #1901 on: September 18, 2020, 02:02:36 AM »
The misinformation about Eddy being shot in 1964 is pervasive.  Bugliosi didn't challenge it either.

Of course it's pervasive with lazy ass authors like Griffith copying other lazy ass authors mistakes instead of doing a little research. That's exactly how incorrect pervasive crap gets spread all over the internet. But it sounds like that's perfectly acceptable in your book..it's not in mine. What's your point in bringing Bugliosi into it..or you saying if Bugliosi made the same mistake that's OK then?
Amazing, for someone that's known for nit-picking at every little error and for crusading against false 'facts', which I've always admired you for, I now see it's only when it suits you. Bloody hypocrite!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 02:08:51 AM by Denis Pointing »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1902 on: September 18, 2020, 03:39:27 AM »
Mr. BENAVIDES - I then pulled on up and I seen this officer standing by the door. The door was open to the car, and I was pretty close to him, and I seen Oswald, or the man that shot him, standing on the other side of the car.
Mr. BELIN - All right. Did you see the officer as he was getting out of the car?
Mr. BENAVIDES - No; I seen as he was, well, he had his hand on the door and kind of in a hurry to get out, it seemed like.
Mr. BELIN - Had he already gotten out of the car?
Mr. BENAVIDES - He had already gotten around.
Mr. BELIN - Where did you see the other man?
Mr. BENAVIDES - The other man was standing to the right side of the car, riders side of the car, and was standing right in front of the windshield on the right front fender. And then I heard the shot. Actually I wasn't looking for anything like that, so I heard the shot, and I just turned into the curb. Looked around to miss a car, I think.

Mr. BENAVIDES - From the pictures I had seen. It looked like a guy, resembled the guy. That was the reason I figured it was Oswald

The words...."Or the man who shot him" is a rebuttal of the first part of the sentence in which Benavides uses the name "Oswald"

This not at all a positive identification.....  " I figured it was Oswald"   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1902 on: September 18, 2020, 03:39:27 AM »

Offline Michael T. Griffith

« Reply #1903 on: September 19, 2020, 06:38:05 PM »
Gosh, well it obviously didn't occur to you, did it. If it had you wouldn't have made such a fundamental mistake. [More demagoguery SNIPPED]

Oh, huff, huff, huff. Yes, I get that you're gonna demagogue this. "Such a fundamental mistake"? Instead of dying in early 1964, the brother died in early 1965, and instead of Domingo giving hedged testimony after his brother's death, he markedly changed his story after his brother's death a year later. That's hardly an egregious, fundamental mistake.

Anyway, I'm convinced that the death certificate is valid, and so I will soon be editing the paragraph in question in my online book. I will be adding the fact that Domingo's boss said Domingo told him he did not get a good look at the killer.