Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer  (Read 354123 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Lee Oswald The Cop Killer
« Reply #1872 on: August 31, 2020, 04:12:18 AM »
Advertisement
A typical straw argument. The type of 'research' I expected.
How would you or anyone else know how close the shooter was?
A coup d' gras' shot at close range to the head----The police automatically postulated that it would not have been close enough to make it worth their while to examine for blood splatter?
Reverse investigation...accuse someone and then apply what didn't happen  :-\

The "coup-de-grace" shot wasn't a thing until Jack Tatum reported it 15 years after the fact.  If he was actually there to begin with...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1872 on: August 31, 2020, 04:12:18 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #1873 on: August 31, 2020, 06:49:43 AM »
Mrs. DAVIS. I told the man who had brought us down there.
Mr. BALL. What did you tell him
Mrs. DAVIS. That I thought number 2 was the man that I saw.
Representative FORD. You saw him take the shells out of the gun?
Mrs. DAVIS. No, sir; he was shaking them.
Representative FORD. He was shaking them?
Mrs. DAVIS. He was shaking them. I didn't see him actually use his hand to take them out. I mean he was sort of shaking them out.
Representative FORD. Did you find this one bullet at the point where you saw him shake the gun?
Mrs. DAVIS. No, sir; it was around the side of the house.
Representative FORD. About how many feet?
Mrs. DAVIS. I don't know. Not too far.
Representative FORD. But he had moved from the one point to where you found the bullets?
Mrs. DAVIS. Yes, sir.
Representative FORD. Yes.
Mrs. DAVIS. That is where they started looking for it.
Representative FORD. I meant the shells rather than the bullets.
Mrs. DAVIS. Yes.
Mr. BALL. Was he dressed the same in the lineup as he was when you saw him running across the lawn?
Mrs. DAVIS. All except he didn't have a black coat on when I saw him in the lineup.
Mr. BALL. Did he have a coat on when you saw him?
Mrs. DAVIS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. What color coat?
Mrs. DAVIS. A dark coat.
Mr. BALL. Now, did you recognize him from his face or from his clothes when you saw him in the lineup?
Mrs. DAVIS. Well, I looked at his clothes and then his face from the side because I had seen him from a side view of him. I didn't see him fullface.
So.....a black or dark coat huh? And really didn't see much of a face.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #1874 on: August 31, 2020, 06:59:46 AM »
The "coup-de-grace" shot wasn't a thing until Jack Tatum reported it 15 years after the fact.  If he was actually there to begin with...
But there was a shot to the head at point blank range that apparently left no powder marks....
https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth338568/m1/

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1874 on: August 31, 2020, 06:59:46 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #1875 on: September 12, 2020, 08:26:47 PM »
But there was a shot to the head at point blank range that apparently left no powder marks....
https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth338568/m1/

Still could have been fired from across the hood.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1876 on: September 14, 2020, 12:54:47 AM »
Still could have been fired from across the hood.

" could have been fired from across the hood."

Absolutely right....And that would indicate that the killerwas a crack shot with an accurate pistol.....   Which means that the killer was NOT Lee Oswald, nor was the weapon a grossly inaccurate and worn out S&W revolver.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1876 on: September 14, 2020, 12:54:47 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #1877 on: September 14, 2020, 06:46:16 AM »

" could have been fired from across the hood."

Absolutely right....And that would indicate that the killerwas a crack shot with an accurate pistol.....   Which means that the killer was NOT Lee Oswald, nor was the weapon a grossly inaccurate and worn out S&W revolver.

Please show your work which made you determine that Oswald could not have hit Tippit with gun shots from across the hood.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1878 on: September 14, 2020, 08:19:16 PM »
Please show your work which made you determine that Oswald could not have hit Tippit with gun shots from across the hood.

So Sorry!....   Wish I could educate a door knob....... But I recognize that some things are impossible.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1878 on: September 14, 2020, 08:19:16 PM »

Offline Michael T. Griffith

« Reply #1879 on: September 14, 2020, 08:57:52 PM »
The thread OP is loaded with errors, distortions, and omissions. If you want to read a detailed response to the claim that Oswald shot Tippit, please read the following article:

Did Oswald Shoot Tippit? A Review of Dale Myers' Book With Malice: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Murder of Officer J.D. Tippit"
https://miketgriffith.com/files/malice.htm

What follows is part of my chapter on the Tippit shooting in my book Hasty Judgment (which is available for free online):

* The witness with the best view of the shooting, Domingo Benavides, at first said he could not identify the killer, and, incredibly, Benavides was not taken to a police lineup. Weeks later, Benavides's brother was shot--in mistake for him, according to Benavides and his father-in-law. When Benavides testified before the Warren Commission, he would only say that a picture of Oswald "bore a resemblance" to Tippit's killer, and he seemed to identify a dark jacket as the one the assailant had worn, whereas the Commission claimed the killer wore a light gray jacket. Only years later did Benavides make a positive identification of Oswald as the gunman. Today, Benavides is hesitant to talk about the case, in part because he believes federal agents are monitoring his phone conversations.

* Two witnesses to the Tippit slaying described the killer in terms that did not resemble Oswald at all.

* Two other witnesses said Oswald entered the Texas Theater just a few minutes after 1:00 P.M., and that he remained in the theater until he was arrested there about an hour later. But Tippit was killed at no later than 1:12, and probably between 1:06 and 1:10.

* Officer J. M. Poe marked two of the empty shells found at the crime scene with his initials, a standard chain-of-evidence procedure, but the shells produced by the FBI and the Dallas police as evidence of Oswald's guilt do not have Poe's markings on them. Officer Poe initially said he was certain he had marked the shells. Later, testifying before the Warren Commission, Poe did not sound quite as certain, though even then he said he believed he had marked the shells.

* Posner assumes that Tippit approached his assailant from behind, meaning that the killer was walking east on Tenth Street. However, the available evidence strongly indicates the killer was walking west. This is a crucial point because if the killer was in fact walking west, or toward Tippit, then it could not have been Oswald (unless someone drove Oswald to the scene and then, for some inexplicable reason, Oswald started walking back toward the direction of his rooming house). Henry Hurt explains,

One of the most glaring discrepancies of all is seen in the accounts of the direction in which Tippit's killer was walking just before Tippit stopped. William Scoggins, a cab driver who was an eyewitness, testified that the gunman was walking west toward Tippit's car prior to the shooting. Another witness [Jim Burt] reported similarly. Reports from the Dallas police as well as the first reports of the Secret Service reflect the same impression. Despite the preponderance of evidence that the killer and Tippit's car were moving toward each other, the Warren Report concluded the killer was walking in the opposite direction. The commission version held that Tippit's car overtook the pedestrian killer. (71:149-150)

* The first two reports on the Tippit slaying to go out over the radio said Tippit's killer had used an automatic pistol, not a revolver. The first report originated with Dallas policeman H. W. Summers, who said he had an "eyeball witness to the getaway man" and that the man was "apparently armed with a .32, dark finish, automatic pistol." The second report came from Sergeant Gerald Hill, who was one of the first officers to arrive at the crime scene. After examining a shell found nearby, Hill said the casing indicated the suspect had used an automatic pistol (17:273, citing CE 1974:78). As anyone familiar with firearms knows, it's very hard to mistake a revolver shell for an automatic shell. There is an obvious difference between the two. I quote leading criminalist and forensic expert Larry Ragle:

If they are discarded at the scene, revolver casings [shells] are readily distinguishable from casings designed for semi and full automatic pistols. The difference is in the base. Revolver rounds have a wider base, a lip, extending out beyond the diameter of the body of the shell casing. This lip keeps the rounds from sliding out the front of the cylinder when their chamber is not aligned with the barrel or frame. The lip on ammunition designed for semis and autos is the same size as the body of the casing. (78:156-157)

* Helen Markham, Posner's star witness against Oswald in the Tippit shooting, gave such wildly conflicting and confused testimony that one Warren Commission staffer called her an "utter screwball." Although by all accounts (including Posner's) Tippit died instantly, Mrs. Markham said she conversed with him after he was shot. She told attorney Mark Lane that she conversed with the dead Tippit for twenty minutes. Additionally, Mrs. Markham gave conflicting descriptions of the killer. (https://miketgriffith.com/files/hastyjudgmentbook.pdf)