Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Why the first shot missed  (Read 8151 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Why the first shot missed
« Reply #150 on: November 04, 2019, 01:48:54 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I had a great three and half days in Dealey Plaza this past week as an early birthday present. One unexpected find was the remnants of the pipes on the 7th floor. I had a tape measure so took these photos.  I also coincidentally met Stephen Fagin and thanked him for his help with Jerry's request. I also found out it is okay to photograph on the sixth floor also, just no flash on sixth or seventh. I got lots of photos of the glassed in SN display.

Very cool James! I see four circular items that could be cut off ends of pipes. Could you please explain what we are seeing in the photo? And I am looking forward to seeing your photos of the sixth floor sniper’s nest display!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #150 on: November 04, 2019, 01:48:54 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

• Zapruder Frames
« Reply #151 on: November 04, 2019, 02:18:37 AM »
I had a great three and half days in Dealey Plaza this past week as an early birthday present. One unexpected find was the remnants of the pipes on the 7th floor. I had a tape measure so took these photos.  I also coincidentally met Stephen Fagin and thanked him for his help with Jerry's request. I also found out it is okay to photograph on the sixth floor also, just no flash on sixth or seventh. I got lots of photos of the glassed in SN display.

Thank, James.

As I take it, the "conduit" pipes start out on the floor of the sixth floor with the east pipe slightly further away from the south wall than the west pipe is ...

... but are seen on the floor of the seventh floor with the east pipe now closer (1 1/2"??) to the south wall than the west pipe.

Looks like something Denis plumbed.  :D

Offline James Hackerott

« Reply #152 on: November 04, 2019, 03:06:14 AM »
The image is over sized and may not be displaying fully. There two images on the top of collage. The first is a closeup of the pipe that would be the curved pipe from below. The ~2 in pipe is centered about 10” from the South wall. Just above and touching the pipe appears to be chipped cement or other material slightly mounded over the pipes and is chipped to form that irregular shape. The photo on top right would be the straight pipe from below. The bottom photo is rotated 90 degrees and shows the measures from the East wall.

I get roughly for the
straight pipe center 36” from East wall
straight pipe center 11.5” from South wall
bent pipe center 27.5” from East wall
bent pipe center  10” from South wall

Here is a full resolution view of the bent pipe and chip. Top edge is South. I don't think that chip contains a pipe edge, but I did not think at the time to check it closer.

For the SN pic many may be suitable for 3D anaglyphs. If you don't have a pair of cyan/red 3D glasses you might find some on Amazon pretty cheap. I wear glasses and found a pair of cyan/red clip-ons that work really well for me.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #152 on: November 04, 2019, 03:06:14 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #153 on: November 04, 2019, 10:50:00 AM »
The image is over sized and may not be displaying fully. There two images on the top of collage. The first is a closeup of the pipe that would be the curved pipe from below. The ~2 in pipe is centered about 10” from the South wall. Just above and touching the pipe appears to be chipped cement or other material slightly mounded over the pipes and is chipped to form that irregular shape. The photo on top right would be the straight pipe from below. The bottom photo is rotated 90 degrees and shows the measures from the East wall.

I get roughly for the

Here is a full resolution view of the bent pipe and chip. Top edge is South. I don't think that chip contains a pipe edge, but I did not think at the time to check it closer.

For the SN pic many may be suitable for 3D anaglyphs. If you don't have a pair of cyan/red 3D glasses you might find some on Amazon pretty cheap. I wear glasses and found a pair of cyan/red clip-ons that work really well for me.

Thanks, now I understand. I was viewing this on my phone, which probably didn’t help (due to the small screen).

Offline James Hackerott

« Reply #154 on: November 04, 2019, 02:52:32 PM »

I get roughly for the

I revised and corrected the annotation for the bottom image.. This should make it easier of others, and myself too, to visualize.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #154 on: November 04, 2019, 02:52:32 PM »

Mobile View