Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why did Oswald go to the movies?  (Read 143834 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« Reply #248 on: April 11, 2018, 10:53:41 PM »
Advertisement
He's arguing from the perspective of a defence lawyer. And of a troll. And from the notion that Oswald was innocent so why would he have cause to be nervous. He reminds me of the Melissa McCarthy 'Sean Spicer' impression, on the podium running around bashing into people (but wearing a powdered wig and lawyer's robes)

You're arguing from the notion that you're sure Oswald probably did it, but are unable to ever articulate why.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #248 on: April 11, 2018, 10:53:41 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #249 on: April 11, 2018, 11:00:14 PM »

Good point John.  He should have just stayed in a back alley.

That hindsight thing again. John knows about Brewer because he has studied the case. Oswald did not know that a sales clerk would be watching him.

C'mon Brian.  Are you suggesting that a clerk being inside a shoe store during the day on a Friday would have been the least bit unexpected?  He would have seen Brewer there just as easily as Brewer saw him.  And yet, "careful Oswald" lingered there anyway.  So was he being cautious just in case or wasn't he?  It seems like he was only cautious when it fits your narrative.

Not even to mention how this careful guy supposedly hung around the Tippit crime scene emptying his gun and looking at people in the face.  Whoever this guy was, he wanted to be seen.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #250 on: April 12, 2018, 02:38:38 PM »
Mr. BALL. During the afternoon of the week----do you take tickets too?
Mr. BURROUGHS. Yes----I take tickets every day.
Mr. BALL. You do?
Mr. BURROUGHS. Yes.
Mr. BALL. And, run the concession?
Mr. BURROUGHS. Yes.
Mr. BALL. If anybody comes in there without a ticket, what do you do, run them off?
Mr. BURROUGHS. I make it a point to stop them and ask them to go out and get a ticket. I just failed to see him when he slipped in.

Being stopped by Burroughs AND having to go out and and buy the ticket anyway from Postal: two mental notes taken.

Bad worst case scenario, Bill.

Was that too complicated for you?

(No, the quote is not hindsight. Shows that imagined worst case could be very real.)

"I just failed to see him when he slipped in."

How did Burroughs know that Lee "slipped in", if he never saw him??

Simply because Lee was in the theater does not mean he slipped in with out buying a ticket..... Burroughs, in his  testimony says that he could have been distracted when a patron entered and took his ticket without noticing anything about that person....   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #250 on: April 12, 2018, 02:38:38 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #251 on: April 12, 2018, 02:45:50 PM »
"I just failed to see him when he slipped in."

How did Burroughs know that Lee "slipped in", if he never saw him??

Simply because Lee was in the theater does not mean he slipped in with out buying a ticket..... Burroughs, in his  testimony says that he could have been distracted when a patron entered and took his ticket without noticing anything about that person....

Who would Oswald have bought a ticket from?  Postal didn't sell him one.  He doesn't have a ticket or ticket stub on him when arrested.   

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #252 on: April 12, 2018, 02:52:08 PM »
Exactly right. Why take the chance? Same with his decision to be careful about his rooming house drop-off location.

Every one of us has had situations when we imagine the worst no matter if the reality seems to dictate otherwise.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's it... it's all over now. Poor dumb cop. That's it... it's all over now. Poor dumb cop. That's it... it's all over now. Poor dumb cop.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Poor dumb cop."  This is what William Scoggins, a cabbie who was hiding beside his cab as Tippits killer jogged by, imagined he heard .....    .
"Poor dumb cop"

Did the killer know that Tippit was just a "poor dumb cop" who was simply a patsy who had been used to lure the police to the theater where the conspirators thought Lee Oswald would be killed by the enraged cops ?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #252 on: April 12, 2018, 02:52:08 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #253 on: April 12, 2018, 02:58:47 PM »
Who would Oswald have bought a ticket from?  Postal didn't sell him one.  He doesn't have a ticket or ticket stub on him when arrested.

Postal didn't sell him one.

Did Postal remember every patron who she sold a ticket to??....   While she was being distracted by police cars zipping by??

He doesn't have a ticket or ticket stub on him when arrested.

I'd bet that 75% of the patrons didn't have a ticket stub on them in the theater.....People routinely throw the ticket stub away once they are inside the theater......

Offline Brian Walker

« Reply #254 on: April 12, 2018, 03:47:22 PM »
C'mon Brian.  Are you suggesting that a clerk being inside a shoe store during the day on a Friday would have been the least bit unexpected?  He would have seen Brewer there just as easily as Brewer saw him.  And yet, "careful Oswald" lingered there anyway.  So was he being cautious just in case or wasn't he?  It seems like he was only cautious when it fits your narrative.

Not even to mention how this careful guy supposedly hung around the Tippit crime scene emptying his gun and looking at people in the face.  Whoever this guy was, he wanted to be seen.

Is there any evidence that Oswald saw Brewer? I have not talked about  acting cautious or not and Ii don't care. If he was erratic then fine. That changes nothing.    For the most part I don't care about how I think he should have acted.  I don't know if most killers would have waited a few extra seconds at the Tippit seen. That leads nowhere.
At the Tippit scene he was not getting away without being seen.  How long did he hang around there John? There was no way he was not going to be seen at the Tippit shooting. To ack like hanging around a few extra seconds is going to change anything is ridiculous.;
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 06:26:47 PM by Brian Walker »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #254 on: April 12, 2018, 03:47:22 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #255 on: April 12, 2018, 04:02:09 PM »
Postal didn't sell him one.

Did Postal remember every patron who she sold a ticket to??....   While she was being distracted by police cars zipping by??

He doesn't have a ticket or ticket stub on him when arrested.

I'd bet that 75% of the patrons didn't have a ticket stub on them in the theater.....People routinely throw the ticket stub away once they are inside the theater......

Postal indicated in her affidavit that she was asked by the DPD when she called to report a suspicious person whether he had bought a ticket.  And she confirmed that he had not.  Do you really believe she would not have remembered whether she had sold Oswald a ticket just moments before calling the police?  And poor old Lee.  He couldn't catch a break that day!  He is in the building from which shots are fired at the president with no alibi, knocks off to go to the movies and less than an hour later passes the scene of the murder of a DPD officer (the only one in about a three year period) then for some unknown reason he draws the attention of a random shoe salesman to such an extent that he follows him and then Postal can't remember him buying a ticket just an instant before calling the cops on him and the ticket taker is distracted but unlucky Lee throws his ticket away anyway and on and on and on....LOL