Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why did Oswald go to the movies?  (Read 142402 times)

Offline Joe Elliott

Re: Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2018, 01:26:18 AM »
Advertisement

Lee never did anything to arouse any suspicion, in either Officer Baker nor Mr Truly. Mr Truly can not explain what made him single out Lee. How did Mr Truly know that Dougherty, alone on an upper floor, wasn't the assassin or a co conspirator?

You are in denial. Of course Mr. Truly is going to focus on Oswald.

How could Mr. Truly know that Oswald (I see you are on a first name basis with the creep) did not do anything to arouse suspicion? Truly didn?t initially see Oswald as he was going up the stairs. Only Officer Baker did.

How does he know what Officer Baker saw after Mr. Truly started up the next flight of stairs?

All Mr. Truly knew is:

1.   A rifle was found in the building, meaning one of his employees may have been the shooter.

2.   Mr. Truly vouched for one of his employees who was being held at gunpoint by a police officer. For all Mr. Truly knew, he may have helped the assassin make his getaway.

And on top of that, Mr. Truly does not recall seeing Oswald after that. Naturally he is going to focus on Oswald until he can learn whether Oswald is still in the building or not. If Oswald is still there, he can focus on other employees. Or relax a bit and let the police handle it. But until then, he is going to do everything he can to compensate for a possible error in vouching for Oswald.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2018, 01:26:18 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2018, 01:29:48 AM »
Except the grinning man was Milton Jones.

Mr. BALL - Let me ask you this, though. Did you tell them the man, the smaller man, you saw in the lineup, did you tell them that you thought he was the man who got off your bus and got the transfer or the man who was on the bus who was the teenager who was grinning?
Mr. McWATTERS - Well, I really thought he was the man who was on the bus.
Mr. BALL - That stayed on the bus?
Mr. McWATTERS - That stayed on the bus.
Mr. BALL - And you didn't think he was the man who got off the bus and to whom you gave a transfer?
Mr. McWATTERS - No, sir.

He picked Oswald out of a line-up as having been a passenger on his bus. You're saying that what he said during the lineup and his signed affidavit should be disregarded in favor of what he said during his WC testimony?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:36:45 AM by Tim Nickerson »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2018, 01:33:49 AM »
Cool!

Mr. BRENNAN. Well, as it appeared to me he was standing up and resting against the left window sill, with gun shouldered to his right shoulder, holding the gun with his left hand and taking positive aim and fired his last shot. As I calculate a couple of seconds. He drew the gun back from the window as though he was drawing it back to his side and maybe paused for another second as though to assure hisself that he hit his mark, and then he disappeared.

That Brennan did not know that a rifle is not properly referred to as a gun does not negate the fact that Brennan saw an individual firing a rifle  from the sixth floor floor of the TSBD. Revolvers and pistols are not shouldered when fired.

Mr. BRENNAN. I am not an expert on guns. It was, as I could observe, some type of a high-powered rifle.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:35:48 AM by Tim Nickerson »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2018, 01:33:49 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2018, 01:35:48 AM »
All Mr. Truly knew is:

1.   A rifle was found in the building, meaning one of his employees may have been the shooter.

I don't think Truly knew about the rifle yet when he told Fritz that Oswald was missing.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2018, 01:57:12 AM »
My comment is perfectly true, and you're the one trying to spin it.  Both of them estimated the length of the bag to be a size that was too short to hold the alleged murder weapon.  Furthermore, they both said that the CE142 did not look like the bag they saw.

No.  Your comment was not true at all.  Can you quote Linnie Mae Randle stating that the bag was too short "to hold the alleged murder weapon"?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2018, 01:57:12 AM »

Online Sean Kneringer

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2018, 02:22:38 AM »
He did not believe that there was going to be any more work that day?

But that would mean something dramatic/tragic must have happened. Gee, I wonder what that was.

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2018, 02:49:42 AM »

He did not bring a gun.  Thanks Joe -- welcome to the dark side! :)

A rifle is not a gun. It is a rifle. Oswald did not bring a gun. He brought a rifle.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2018, 02:49:42 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2018, 03:27:55 AM »
Cool!

Mr. BRENNAN. Well, as it appeared to me he was standing up and resting against the left window sill, with gun shouldered to his right shoulder, holding the gun with his left hand and taking positive aim and fired his last shot. As I calculate a couple of seconds. He drew the gun back from the window as though he was drawing it back to his side and maybe paused for another second as though to assure hisself that he hit his mark, and then he disappeared.

Tell us why Brennan calling the rifle a gun is important
Both weapons qualify as guns

Gun
A weapon incorporating a metal tube from which bullets, shells, or other missiles are propelled by explosive force, typically making a characteristic loud, sharp noise.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 03:35:33 AM by Bill Chapman »