Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why did Oswald go to the movies?  (Read 145142 times)

Offline Rob Caprio

Re: Why did Oswald go to the movies?
« Reply #912 on: September 23, 2018, 11:01:49 PM »
Advertisement
Again no supporting evidence?

And if you want to compare money order numbers over any length of time then we need to see a few examples because this is way before money order numbers were stamped in chronological order with networked computers, in 1963 money orders were sent out pre stamped all over the country in boxes.

JohnM

Evidence for this is?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #912 on: September 23, 2018, 11:01:49 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #913 on: September 23, 2018, 11:03:50 PM »
First you need to explain what your assertion really is. I'll bet it's less than what you want us to think.
And this is just sour grapes.

So English is a problem for you? It is the law. You may want to live in Nazi Germany, but many of us choose not to.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #914 on: September 23, 2018, 11:06:31 PM »
Evidence for this is?

Evidence for what? It's your claim prove it!

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #914 on: September 23, 2018, 11:06:31 PM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #915 on: September 24, 2018, 06:58:47 AM »
Your handwriting analysis is not even relevant until it has been establish the MO was actually sold to anyone at the location claimed by Holmes. The WC did no such thing since the stub is not in evidence. Even if the stub was not available (and why would that be?) they should at a minimum have verified the serial number was current at the time of purchase at that post office. By not even doing these rudimentary checks they VIOLATED the executive order that told them explicitly to examine the evidence provided by the FBI --- utter FAILURE.

The various problems with the "Oswald" money order is outlined here, also why the serial number is highly dubious:
https://harveyandlee.net/Mail_Order_Rifle/Mail_Order_Rifle.html
The handwriting analysis shows Oswald signed the PMO, linking him indelibly to it. Armstrong seems to understand this, which is why he tried to run an end around the handwriting issue entirely.  Even then, his analyses are desperate speculation. His issue with the PMO's serial number is built around some figuring on money order usage that he did based on a sample size of three POs taken two months before the one in question. He also effectively admits to a lack of understanding as to how the blank money orders were distributed to and within post offices. His insistence that Oswald mailed the the PO from the West Dallas PO is based on the assertion that a number "12" on the cancellation must have meant "postal zone 12." David Von Pein did what Armstrong should have done, found a retried USPS worker who knew about the cancellation stamps, and found that the "12" on the cancellation denoted a particular sorting/cancelling machine. Further, he found that the postal zones were used for deliver mail to customers, and would have had no bearing on incoming mail in the first place. The Armstrong screed does this over and over again in repeated spasms of speculative orgy.

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #916 on: September 24, 2018, 07:01:56 AM »
So English is a problem for you? It is the law. You may want to live in Nazi Germany, but many of us choose not to.
You went full Godwin. Never go full Godwin. Then again, I guess you assumed that it would distract everyone from noticing that you've made another bald assertion that you simply will not support. In fact, you've outdone yourself. You won't even explain what your issue with the serial number is. I guess you just aren't confident in your beliefs.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #916 on: September 24, 2018, 07:01:56 AM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #917 on: September 24, 2018, 04:54:31 PM »
Evidence for what? It's your claim prove it!

JohnM

This was *your* claim.

Again no supporting evidence?

And if you want to compare money order numbers over any length of time then we need to see a few examples because this is way before money order numbers were stamped in chronological order with networked computers, in 1963 money orders were sent out pre stamped all over the country in boxes.

JohnM

Well?

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #918 on: September 24, 2018, 04:56:14 PM »
First you need to explain what your assertion really is. I'll bet it's less than what you want us to think.
And this is just sour grapes.

So your defense is the clueless card. Got it.

You would have fit right in with the Third Reich.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #918 on: September 24, 2018, 04:56:14 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #919 on: September 24, 2018, 04:59:54 PM »
You went full Godwin. Never go full Godwin. Then again, I guess you assumed that it would distract everyone from noticing that you've made another bald assertion that you simply will not support. In fact, you've outdone yourself. You won't even explain what your issue with the serial number is. I guess you just aren't confident in your beliefs.

My statement has been posted before in my series. The money order number wasn't due to be sold until late 1964 or early 1965. How would LHO get it in March 1963?