Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The LHO Escape -- Panic and Shock  (Read 25812 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: The LHO Escape -- Panic and Shock
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2023, 12:08:53 AM »
Advertisement
Thanks, John. You handled it better than I would have. Don't want anybody thinking I believed Waldman lied under oath or some shadowy figures forged microfilm.

BTW, I wonder how many people thought those ads in the back of 1960s magazines were 100% reliable or up-to-date. They must have been disappointed when their X-Ray Specs didn't work or the ants on the Ant Farm weren't wearing overalls. It's like Ralphy slugging gallons of Ovaltine so he could get his Orphan Annie Secret Society Decoder Pin.

They must have been disappointed when their X-Ray Specs didn't work or the ants on the Ant Farm weren't wearing overalls.

Or when their newly hatched brine shrimp didn't build castles, rarely smiled and looked nothing like the Magazine ad.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2023, 12:08:53 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2023, 12:11:55 AM »
In North America, issues of monthly magazines tend to be off by one or more months. See here for reference:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cover_date

In the case of American Rifleman, the April issue was delivered at the beginning of March. As such, the Klein's ad shows the status of Klein's inventory for March, 1963. Anyone who ordered C20-T750 in March was ordering a 40" long rifle.

As such, the Klein's ad shows the status of Klein's inventory for March, 1963.

No it doesn't. At best it shows what they were offering for the month of April 1963.

The February issue showed what they were offering at that time and that's the rifle that was allegedly ordered by Hidell.

Anyone who ordered C20-T750 in March was ordering a 40" long rifle.

Where in the February ad for a 36" rifle does it say that rifles ordered in March would be filled by 40" rifles on offer in April?

Silly, right? Well, that's how idiotic your argument is!

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2023, 12:50:36 AM »
The February issue showed what they were offering at that time and that's the rifle that was allegedly ordered by Hidell.

Ouch, Too bad Oswald ordered and paid for C20-T750 the following month, in mid March!
February < March!

You walked right into that one, didn't you, better luck next time!!

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2023, 12:50:36 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2023, 12:52:06 AM »
As such, the Klein's ad shows the status of Klein's inventory for March, 1963.

No it doesn't. At best it shows what they were offering for the month of April 1963.

Anyone who ordered C20-T750 in March was ordering a 40" long rifle.

Where in the February ad for a 36" rifle does it say that rifles ordered in March would be filled by 40" rifles on offer in April?

Silly, right? Well, that's how idiotic your argument is!
Please go back and read the Wikipedia link I posted. It will explain what you refuse to understand. The "April" issue of American Rifleman appeared on newsstands and in mailboxes at the beginning of March.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2023, 01:11:45 AM »
Ouch, Too bad Oswald ordered and paid for C20-T750 the following month, in mid March!
February < March!

You walked right into that one, didn't you, better luck next time!!

JohnM

What a fool. If I order something from a February ad, I expect either the merchandise that was advertised or a notification that the item is no longer available.

I don't expect to be sent an item that isn't what I ordered and isn't advertised until April 1963

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2023, 01:11:45 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2023, 01:21:19 AM »
I don't expect to be sent an item that isn't what I ordered and isn't advertised until April 1963

Nobody cares what you expect!

Oswald ordered C20-T750 and Oswald received C20-T750. Thumb1:

Live with it! :D

JohnM

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2023, 01:23:49 AM »
Please go back and read the Wikipedia link I posted. It will explain what you refuse to understand. The "April" issue of American Rifleman appeared on newsstands and in mailboxes at the beginning of March.

Wikipedia still has a long way to go before it becomes a credible and reliable source, but even if the April issue appeared on news stands at the beginning of March, it still does not alter the fact that he Hidell order form clearly refers to the February issue.

The most remarkable part of this discussion is how LNs are trying to put a square peg into a round hole.

This was supposed to be a simple, normal, transaction. A guy orders a mail order rifle from the February issue of some magazine and either receives that rifle or gets notified it's out of stock.

Here we have, as so often in this case, as massive spin story on how a 36" rifle ordered from the February issue of a magazine somehow turns into an alleged delivery of a 40" rifle that wasn't advertised until the April issue of the same magazine.
Even worse, there isn't even a shred of evidence that any rifle was actually sent to a P.O. box in Dallas and/or was received by anybody.

LNs who actually believe and defend this BS have no sense of reality but could do very well by a applying for a job at Disney Land!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2023, 01:23:49 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2023, 01:25:03 AM »
Nobody cares what you expect!

Oswald ordered C20-T750 and Oswald received C20-T750. Thumb1:

Live with it! :D

JohnM

Utter BS... show that Oswald ever received C20-T750! Oh, wait... you can't....   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 01:26:23 AM by Martin Weidmann »