Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: When Was JBC Hit?  (Read 20879 times)

Online Dan O'meara

When Was JBC Hit?
« on: November 23, 2023, 05:22:18 PM »
Advertisement
When was JBC shot through the chest?
I ask "when" in terms of the Z-film - when in the Z-film is JBC hit?
That is to say, when does JBC first show signs that he has been hit [as we cannot see the actual bullet entering him].
I am not asking, when does JBC think he was hit or when any other witness believes he was hit or what any "theory" has to say about it.
When, during the Z-film, does JBC show the clear signs of an extreme reaction that can be safely interpreted as being shot through the chest?

In the clip below, which is s bit jerkier than I would like, we see JBC looking off to his right as JFK waves and smiles to the crowds. He is partially obscured by a part of the limo.
JBC is looking off to his right as he disappears behind the Stemmons sign.
He is still looking off to his right as he emerges from behind the Stemmons sign.

Below is z223.
It shows JBC after he emerges from behind the Stemmons sign.
He is still looking off to his right as he was before he passed behind the Stemmons sign and, in my opinion, he looks calm and composed:

Almost immediately after this frame JBC appears to have an extreme reaction.
The clip below is from z222 to z250.
In my opinion it shows JBC having an extreme reaction, most likely to being shot:

Is it an extreme reaction to being shot or could it be something else?
If you agree it is a reaction to being shot then when does this reaction begin?

« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 06:43:09 PM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

When Was JBC Hit?
« on: November 23, 2023, 05:22:18 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

Re: When Was JBC Hit?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2023, 10:17:20 AM »
ROLL UP ROLL UP BOYS AND GIRLS
PICK A Z-FRAME, ANY Z-FRAME

USE THE FRAME COUNT TO PICK WHICH FRAME YOU THINK CONNALLY STARTS TO REACT.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2023, 11:36:51 AM »
ROLL UP ROLL UP BOYS AND GIRLS
PICK A Z-FRAME, ANY Z-FRAME

USE THE FRAME COUNT TO PICK WHICH FRAME YOU THINK CONNALLY STARTS TO REACT.

To me, he appears to be reacting to being shot by 224, if not before.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2023, 11:36:51 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2023, 01:03:05 PM »

I would certainly have to agree with this assessment.
Below is a rough gif of z224, z225, z226 which, I think, shows JBC beginning to react in an extreme way.

I wonder what other members think of this assessment or if they have a different opinion.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2023, 03:38:49 PM »
I would certainly have to agree with this assessment.
Below is a rough gif of z224, z225, z226 which, I think, shows JBC beginning to react in an extreme way.

I wonder what other members think of this assessment or if they have a different opinion.

It is amazing to me how much influence our preconceptions have on what we see in the photographic record. I am not immune to this phenomenon. People who can’t believe the SBT, for whatever reasons, will deny that JBC is reacting to being shot.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2023, 03:38:49 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2023, 04:14:00 PM »
Sure looks like it to me. He said that it felt like a fist hitting him in his back. At around Z223/224 his right back looks like it was "punched" or hit by a fist. I know, confirmation bias and all.

Connally (WC testimony): It was "as if someone doubled his fist and came up behind you and just with about a 12-inch blow hit you right in the back right below the shoulder blade."

Isn't that what we see? His right back crumpling?

Added: Other than at circa Z223/224 where does this reaction - the back caving in like it was hit by a fist - occur? And wouldn't a tumbling bullet be more likely to seem like being hit by a fist than a non-tumbling/straight one? Okay, this is a complete wild-ass guess I admit.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 07:55:07 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2023, 05:37:36 PM »
Sure looks like it to me. He said that it felt like a fist hitting him in his back. At around Z223/224 his right back looks like it was "punched" or hit by a fist. I know, confirmation bias and all.

Connally (WC testimony): It was "as if someone doubled his fist and came up behind you and just with about a 12-inch blow hit you right in the back right below the shoulder blade."

Isn't that what we see? His right back crumpling?

I don't think it's confirmation bias.
In my opinion there is a definite thrusting forward of his right shoulder.
In the OP I emphasise that JBC is sat in the same position, looking to his right, as he passes behind the Stemmons sign and is in the same position as he emerges from behind it. Almost immediately his right shoulder is thrust forward, his body rotates slightly and the right side of his jacket bulges outward.
At least, that's what I see.
Quite a while ago another forum member, Brian Roselle, pointed out a tiny detail that really stuck with me and isn't often pointed out.
It involves a tiny white patch that appears just above the limo door that can be seen in z222:

Brian made the point that this small white patch was the cuff of JBC's shirt and that after the bullet hit JBC's wrist it forced his hand downwards. The result is that this small patch suddenly disappears:

At almost exactly the same moment the right side of JBC's jacket bulges outwards:

Connally's right arm movement makes sense seen as the moment of a bullet strike:

« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 05:45:33 PM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2023, 05:37:36 PM »

Offline Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2023, 09:25:58 PM »
It is amazing to me how much influence our preconceptions have on what we see in the photographic record. I am not immune to this phenomenon. People who can’t believe the SBT, for whatever reasons, will deny that JBC is reacting to being shot.
He is reacting.
I can't tell from the film whether he is reacting being hit in the back or reacting to hearing the first shot hit JFK and fearing an assassination unfolding (as he said occurred).

The only reason to think that the bullet through JFK's neck hit Connally is that the bullet passed through JFK's neck without deflecting and the car shows no sign of being hit.  Arlen Specter admitted that this was the reason for the SBT.

If that is indeed the case, the SBT must be correct.  The evidence would favour the first shot SBT and we would have to find (as John McCloy did) that the evidence that JBC was hit on the second shot must be wrong.

But if JBC was hit by two bullets and did not feel one because it caused only superficial wound that he did not notice for a few seconds before being hit in the back, then there is no problem with any of the evidence.  In fact, the difference in JBC's wounds could be easily explained as would the condition of CE399.  Tague's evidence that he was struck on the second shot would also fit.  And the trajectory would fit much better.  I can't think of any evidence that does not fit that scenario.