Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A question about Oswald  (Read 12927 times)

Offline Zeon Mason

Re: A question about Oswald
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2023, 09:28:24 PM »
Advertisement
 Not sure what  Mr Myttons  opinion about the newspaper article is so I will have to guess that the relevance is that Oswald read the article and concluded that despite an earlier speech by JFK suggesting an attitude of cooperation with the U.S.S.R. to avoid future nuclear conflict , Oswald concluded JFK was another Walker that needed to be shot .

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2023, 09:28:24 PM »

Offline Jarrett Smith

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2023, 09:28:58 PM »
I've been lurking on this forum for a while, and finally decided to participate. I've read numerous threads, read a lot of comments from LNs claiming that LHO was a loner seeking fame, wanted to make a name for himself, wanted to go down in history, would have shot any president given the chance, etc. etc.

If this was the case, then why would he deny his involvement? Why not just come right out and say "Yep, I did it." Why all the denials on camera and in the supposed interrogations?

I'm not saying this proves he's innocent or anything, it just doesn't make any sense to me for this given theory. Any thoughts?

I'm a lurker as well, but I think the mafia was behind the shooting and yes Oswald fired the shots. He wanted the fame and they wanted JFK dead. Of course they could not take any chances of Oswald squawking and Ruby was sent in to silence him forever.

All that other garbage on coverups, frontal shots, and stuff is BS.

My opinion

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2023, 11:34:59 PM »
Not sure what  Mr Myttons  opinion about the newspaper article is so I will have to guess that the relevance is that Oswald read the article and concluded that despite an earlier speech by JFK suggesting an attitude of cooperation with the U.S.S.R. to avoid future nuclear conflict , Oswald concluded JFK was another Walker that needed to be shot .

Walker and JFK were polar opposites politically. No reason to assume that of Oswald.

"In September 1961 Walker organized the protests against the enrollment of James Meredith at the University of Mississippi. Another incident the following year resulted in two reporters being killed. Attorney General Robert Kennedy responded by issuing a warrant for Walker's arrest on the charges of seditious conspiracy, insurrection, and rebellion.

Walker now became a leading figure in the fight against what he considered to be the liberal establishment. Based in Dallas, he gave many speeches around the country denouncing communism and liberalism. In February 1962 Walker stood for governor of Texas. Although he gained the support of Barry Goldwater, Walker finished last and John Connally went on to be governor".

https://spartacus-educational.com/JFKwalker.htm

« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 12:07:04 AM by Jon Banks »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2023, 11:34:59 PM »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2023, 12:44:39 AM »
@Mr. Banks: I generally agree with you and that’s why it seems unlikely to me that Oswald would , if he had earlier (theoretically) held a favorable opinion of JFK because JFK was doing things that Oswald would have approved of, that Oswald would suddenly flip his opinion and be enraged by just one newspaper article.
And enraged enough that he would contemplate shooting JFK.
That is, presuming Oswald was NOT suffering  from a bipolar disorder or some other metal problem.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2023, 12:56:56 AM »

Oswald was a political kook.  He had demonstrative a willingness to commit a political assassination with Walker.  That is a big step separating him from 99% of other loons.  Oswald selected Walker because of his right-wing views and he was a target of opportunity because he lived in Dallas.  JFK was largely a target of opportunity because he literally came to Oswald.  Oswald did not select him.  JFK, as president of the United States, literally drove by Oswald's place of employment in an open car.  Oswald must have thought he was the luckiest guy in the world.  The opportunity to kill the head of the political system that he despised dropped right into his lap. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2023, 12:56:56 AM »

Online Sean Kneringer

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2023, 01:06:26 AM »
The opportunity to kill the head of the political system that he despised dropped right into his lap.
The same guy who okayed the Bay of Pigs invasion and stared down Castro and the Russians in '62. I don't think this was lost on Oswald.

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2023, 01:14:49 AM »
@Mr. Banks: I generally agree with you and that’s why it seems unlikely to me that Oswald would , if he had earlier (theoretically) held a favorable opinion of JFK because JFK was doing things that Oswald would have approved of, that Oswald would suddenly flip his opinion and be enraged by just one newspaper article.
And enraged enough that he would contemplate shooting JFK.
That is, presuming Oswald was NOT suffering  from a bipolar disorder or some other metal problem.

You're presuming: A) that Oswald read the news article and B), that it changed his mind about Kennedy.

Both rely too much on assumptions in my humble opinion.

We have zero evidence that Oswald disliked JFK or was even angry at him in 1963. And we know that Oswald's political views were closer to JFK's than Walker's. We also know that Oswald was aware after the assassination that killing JFK wouldn't change US policies towards Cuba (per Capt. Will Fritz's testimony).

Edwin Walker was a rightwing extremist who hated JFK. For all we know, he might've been involved in a rightwing plot against JFK and planted the story that Oswald took a shot at him in order to deflect suspicions about his own involvement in the Kennedy assassination.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 01:15:39 AM by Jon Banks »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2023, 01:14:49 AM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2023, 01:17:15 AM »
The same guy who okayed the Bay of Pigs invasion and stared down Castro and the Russians in '62. I don't think this was lost on Oswald.

If that's true, why did Lee speak positively of JFK in 1962 and 1963?

If he was so pro-Cuba, one wouldn't expect him to have told Marina and others that he liked Kennedy.