Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: An interesting video  (Read 5133 times)

Offline Jon Banks

Re: An interesting video
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2023, 04:02:18 PM »
Advertisement
Maybe the question that needs to be answered is why do so many people believe it is a conspiracy. Originally people looked at it with a jaundiced eye. Is it because he was a president, in Dallas, a carcano, or the fact LHO was shot in the presence of so many cops in their police station and in their custody?

Initially, I think the fact that LHO was murdered while in police custody led some people to suspect that there was a conspiracy. But the release of the Zapruder film in the 1970s is probably the biggest reason why questions of conspiracy in Kennedy's assassination became normalized and persist today.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2023, 04:02:18 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2023, 08:05:12 PM »
Why does Charles assume that a Burns documentary would be markedly different from a Stone documentary? It’s not like the underlying evidence is any different.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 08:05:48 PM by John Iacoletti »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2023, 09:42:16 PM »
Why does Charles assume that a Burns documentary would be markedly different from a Stone documentary? It’s not like the underlying evidence is any different.

Frankly, I don’t know how Ken Burns would approach the assassination. And, unless Ken has done a lot of research and contemplating on the assassination that I am unaware of, I doubt that even he knows how he would approach it. I have however seen enough of Ken and his works to have an opinion that Ken is much more of a realist than Oliver Stone could ever be. I don’t believe that Ken would ever be swayed enough by a story based upon suspicions, innuendo, and conjecture (like the one by Garrison that Stone based his movie upon) to try to make his audience beleive it. If you want to know a little about what Ken has said about JFK and the assassination, here are a couple of short videos:

Ken doesn’t appear until the last few minutes of the following one. But the entire video is worth watching.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2023, 09:42:16 PM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2023, 12:15:00 AM »
Maybe the question that needs to be answered is why do so many people believe it is a conspiracy. Originally people looked at it with a jaundiced eye. Is it because he was a president, in Dallas, a carcano, or the fact LHO was shot in the presence of so many cops in their police station and in their custody?

For many years, or even decades, I wasn't all that interested in the JFK assassination and I simply accepted the WC narrative that Oswald was the lone shooter. I had no real reason to doubt the official story, simply because I never looked into it. That all changed when I had a conversation with a friend I very much respected because of his logic and common sense approach to a wide range of issues. He was telling me that, although it could not be ruled out that Oswald was in fact the lone shooter, there simply were too many discrepancies and unresolved issues in the official narrative for it to be be true. The bottom line, according to him, was that the evidence in a simple murder case is (or should be) conclusive in such way that there is no room for reasonable doubt and in this case there were way too many issues that couldn't be resolved by simply putting it down to bad investigative conduct or human error.

That's what got me interested and on the recommendation of my friend I decided to read the Warren Report and check it against the known evidence, not only what's in the 26 volumes but also what came out since, and I couldn't believe what I was reading. What got me the most was what wasn't there! You had Specter introducing CE 399 into evidence, during the testimony of Dr. Humes, subject to later proof, that was never produced and not showing that bullet to Tomlinson, for identification, during his deposition. The way they tried to discredit Victoria Adams, without even taking testimony of Styles and Garner. And then there was the "search" of the limo, before Frazier and his team could get there. They were simply handed some fragments of bullet that - they were told - were found in the limo. And it goes on and on....

That's when it hit me; it may very well be that Oswald did in fact kill Kennedy, but with him being conveniently dead, they simply wrapped the case around him, which makes me wonder what really happened, because if it had been a simple case of a guy taking his rifle to work and shooting Kennedy the evidence should show it conclusively and it simply doesn't. There are way too many assumptions and jumps to conclusions that are not supported by the evidence. It turned out my friend, who now has sadly passed away, was right!

The best evidence of the weakness of the case against Oswald is that the LNs are desperate to color anybody who does not agree with them as a CT, because it's easier to dismiss or ridicule a CT than it is to convince with actual arguments a sceptic.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 12:33:59 AM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2023, 01:03:54 AM »
The video looked closely at the timings etc on the stairs. But not closely enuff. There is a lot of other good info floating around re many such timings.
Me myself i have nailed the timings, in my posting on this forum. I will get the link.
 https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,2947.0.html
My version of the timings would make a good movie -- i mean as a part of a documentary.
Two of my old skoolmates make documentaries & movies (i might see them at our next reunion in 2025).

At 44:10 -- LEMMiNO omits to tell us that Frazier saw Oswald walking south along the west side of Houston just north of Elm.
How did Oswald get into that position. My version tells us the answer. Oswald wanted to fetch his jacket from the Domino Room.

The video has cars moving along Commerce during the shooting -- no, Commerce was stationary.

The TSBD model was missing the internal ladderway (from the 7th floor to the roof) that Truly & Baker used to get onto the roof, & was missing the trapdoor (hatch) at the top of the ladderway.
The stairway (extn)(from 7th floor to roof) was locked -- that top section of the wooden stairway had rotted from the dripping from the water tank that used to sit over the stairway.
And, the stairway extn i think did not have a door to the roof, it had a trapdoor/hatch.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 12:23:47 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2023, 01:03:54 AM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2023, 02:20:18 AM »
The video looked closely at the timings etc on the stairs. But not closely enuff. There is a lot of other good info floating around re many such timings.
Me myself i have nailed the timings, in my posting on this forum. I will get the link.
My version of the timings would make a good movie -- i mean as a part of a documentary.
Two of my old skoolmates make documentaries & movies (i might see them at our next reunion in 2025).

At 44:10 -- LEMMiNO omits to tell us that Frazier saw Oswald walking south along the west side of Houston just north of Elm.
How did Oswald get into that position. My version tells us the answer. Oswald wanted to fetch his jacket from the Domino Room.

The video has cars moving along Commerce during the shooting -- no, cars were stationary.

The TSBD model was missing the internal ladderway (from the 7th floor to the roof) that Truly & Baker used to get onto the roof, & was missing the trapdoor (hatch) at the top of the ladderway.
The stairway (extn)(from 7th floor to roof) was locked -- that top section of the wooden stairway had rotted from the dripping from the water tank that used to sit over the stairway.

The maker of the video never pretended it to be all inclusive. Early in the video he clearly states that it wouldn't be possible to deal with all the different claims and opinions in one video. Being as it is, I am sure that everybody, be they LN or CT will have something to complain about.

Me myself i have nailed the timings, in my posting on this forum.

Which exposes that you have an agenda of your own.

Offline Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2023, 04:33:08 AM »
The maker of the video never pretended it to be all inclusive. Early in the video he clearly states that it wouldn't be possible to deal with all the different claims and opinions in one video. Being as it is, I am sure that everybody, be they LN or CT will have something to complain about.

Me myself i have nailed the timings, in my posting on this forum.

Which exposes that you have an agenda of your own.
My agenda is to learn more about what happened in Dealey Plaza. And to tell others.
Re what happened, i have solved the full story, as much as is possible (or at least solved some bits that had not yet been solved).
I have explained how Hickey accidentally shot JFK.
And this present thread (& my own thread -- link below) is about the other half of the mystery, ie Oswald's 2 shots, & his exit. Which i have solved also.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 01:01:37 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2023, 04:33:08 AM »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2023, 06:04:31 AM »
In this video , Marina makes statement of having looked at the rolled up blanket in the garage very soon after she and Mrs Paine heard the news that JFK had been shot from the TSBD.

And Marina apparently perceived that the blanket roll was still of the same bulk as she had previously seen it and therefore she was “relieved” because she thought the rifle was still in the blanket.

IDK what to believe when it comes to Marina Oswald’s statements.

This blanket was supposedly originally a favorite blanket that Oswald’s kids played with,  so it’s kind of odd that Oswald would have used such blanket as a make shift rifle bag.

Also, if the WC premise for leaving ring and money for Marina was a last gesture of a man embarked on committing a horrible act, then would not this special blanket have been unrolled, strings discarded , and folded carefully and left also as a final gesture?

So could it be just that  the blanket was rolled up with strings tied around it and it was EMPTY because  Oswald intended it to be a special item to be used when he played with his kids? This would be consistent with Buell W. Frazier opinion that Oswald cared for was fond of and liked playing with the kids.

Marina may have 1st sought  to lie to help her husband and then later was fearful enough to lie against her husband fearing her own fate was in the hands of the government.