Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Floor-Laying Crew  (Read 21544 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: The Floor-Laying Crew
« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2023, 01:27:57 PM »
Advertisement
However, the boxes with the Xs, that I indicated earlier would be between a sitting BRW and a man with a rifle standing back from the window, would still be between them. 3 to 5 feet back from the window or further is enough.

Lol, an earnest analysis founded on a wildly silly double premise:
-------------a bald 'elderly Negro' in a bright plaid shirt hanging out at the SN window = 18-year-old Mr. Bonnie Ray Williams in a dull green shirt sitting on a cart
-------------a man in a very light-colored open-necked garment = Mr. Lee Harvey Oswald.

Most entertaining! 

What's next, one wonders? A painstaking exploration into whether Santa Claus's hat is best classed as vermilion or as scarlet?  :D

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2023, 01:27:57 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2023, 01:44:08 PM »
From FBI interview report on Mrs. Lillian Mooneyham, 1/8/64:

Mrs. MOONEYHAM estimated that it was about 4 to 5 minutes following the shots fired by the assassin that she looked up towards the sixth floor of the TSBD and observed the figure of a man standing in a sixth floor window behind some cardboard boxes. This man appeared to Mrs. MOONEYHAM to be looking out of the window, however, the man was not close up to the window but was standing slightly back from it, so that Mrs. MOONEYHAM could not make out his features. She stated that she could give no description of this individual except to say that she is sure it was a man she observed, because the figure had on trousers. She could not recall the color of the trousers.

Who was this man?

It may well have been Mr. Jack Dougherty. From his first-day affidavit:

Thumb1:

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2023, 05:24:34 PM »
However, the boxes with the Xs, that I indicated earlier would be between a sitting BRW and a man with a rifle standing back from the window, would still be between them. 3 to 5 feet back from the window or further is enough.

I disagree. I think those boxes are at least a foot deep.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2023, 05:24:34 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2023, 05:36:54 PM »
I disagree. I think those boxes are at least a foot deep.

What do you mean by that?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2023, 05:45:35 PM »
Draw a line from the two-wheel cart to where the line of sight becomes obscured by the tall stack you’ve marked with Xs. In front of that line to the window there are the three short rows of boxes at least a foot deep each (where you see the soda bottle in the foreground), and the “aisle” next to the window, which would be at least 2 feet deep, or a little more.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 05:46:53 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2023, 05:45:35 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2023, 05:55:57 PM »
Draw a line from the two-wheel cart to where the line of sight becomes obscured by the tall stack you’ve marked with Xs. In front of that line to the window there are the three short rows of boxes at least a foot deep each (where you see the soda bottle in the foreground), and the “aisle” next to the window, which would be at least 2 feet deep, or a little more.

I estimate the south “aisle” to be about 24” wide and the tall stack to be about 35” from the south wall. It seems to me we are both in the same ballpark. Do you agree?

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2023, 06:57:03 PM »
From 'Collaborators of the Conspiracy", a 1992 article in The Third Decade by Mr. William Weston:

Mr. Weston suggests that the crew moved up from five to six (on Wed 11/20) even though the fifth-floor job was not fully completed. From this he suggests that the floor-laying crew of Depository men (Messrs. Shelley, Givens, Lovelady, Arce, Williams) may have been knowingly securing the sixth floor in good time for Friday's motorcade.

However, we can now see---------thanks to Mr. Harold Norman's information about an external flooring crew-----------that no such foreknowledge would have been required on the part of the Depository workers, nor for them to have made the call to move prematurely from five to six. They were simply following instructions, and helping out the outside crew in good faith. Once the assassination happened, they were horrified (and terrified) to realise what those men had really been there for----------and why the move up to to six had to have happened when it did.

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2023, 06:57:03 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2023, 07:47:36 PM »

I estimate the south “aisle” to be about 24” wide and the tall stack to be about 35” from the south wall. It seems to me we are both in the same ballpark. Do you agree?

I would say at least 4 feet back.