Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Floor-Laying Crew  (Read 21546 times)

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Re: The Floor-Laying Crew
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2023, 06:03:24 PM »
Advertisement

The area where Arnold Rowland said he saw a man with a rifle would be out of sight of BRW while eating lunch on the cart in the third aisle. But I have already show this in another thread a while back. How quickly you forget!

Mr. WILLIAMS. Well, at the time [he was eating his lunch] I couldn't see too much of the sixth floor, because the books at the time were stacked so high. I could see only in the path that I was standing--as I remember, I could not possibly see anything to the east side of the building. But just one aisle, the aisle I was standing in I could see just about to the west side of the building. So far as seeing to the east and behind me, I could only see down the aisle behind me and the aisle to the west of me.

Again: "I could not possibly see anything to the east side of the building."

Plus, the racist dirty Dallas police ordered him to say he saw Oswald in the nest. Remember that? That's right, the evil fascist police force didn't do that at all. They planted all of the evidence but forgot to get the witnesses to read from their script about putting Oswald in that window.

That doesn't make a lick of sense but in JFK conspiracy world not making sense is required to participate.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2023, 06:03:24 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2023, 06:36:15 PM »
Mr. WILLIAMS. Well, at the time [he was eating his lunch] I couldn't see too much of the sixth floor, because the books at the time were stacked so high. I could see only in the path that I was standing--as I remember, I could not possibly see anything to the east side of the building. But just one aisle, the aisle I was standing in I could see just about to the west side of the building. So far as seeing to the east and behind me, I could only see down the aisle behind me and the aisle to the west of me.

Again: "I could not possibly see anything to the east side of the building."

Plus, the racist dirty Dallas police ordered him to say he saw Oswald in the nest. Remember that? That's right, the evil fascist police force didn't do that at all. They planted all of the evidence but forgot to get the witnesses to read from their script about putting Oswald in that window.

That doesn't make a lick of sense but in JFK conspiracy world not making sense is required to participate.

Yes, BRW while sitting on the cart couldn’t have seen him in either the sniper’s nest or where Arnold Rowland said he saw a man with a rifle (standing back from the west window).

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2023, 07:32:58 PM »

Yes, BRW while sitting on the cart couldn’t have seen him in either the sniper’s nest or where Arnold Rowland said he saw a man with a rifle (standing back from the west window).
Yes, even if Oswald was standing (and not sitting/squatting) he would have been blocked from William's view from the reader/cart. However, when BRW went in or out of the floor - stood up to leave - shouldn't he [have] seen the top of Oswald's head/torso? That would have been above the boxes.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 08:02:37 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2023, 07:32:58 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2023, 07:37:34 PM »
Friends, let us imagine (purely for argument's sake) that neither Mr. Truly nor Mr. Shelley knew of the plot beforehand. In all innocence, they hired a team of carpenters to come in for a big floor-laying project.

The assassination happens. Once it is established that everyone in the internal floor-laying crew left the sixth floor for their break, Mr. Truly and Mr. Shelley realise in horror who must have carried out the assassination.

Do they
a) tell the authorities all about this crew?
b) keep schtum (out of personal fear of reprisal and of being arrested for complicity), and get the internal crew to pretend they and they alone had been doing the floor-laying?

And once Mr. Oswald is singled out as the prime suspect, do they
i) defend their man, even at the risk of drawing heat on themselves?
ii) let him be fed to the wolves by doing all they can to help the authorities' ridiculous LN narrative?

Thumb1:

Now! Continuing with this working premise that Messrs. Truly & Shelley did NOT know the true intentions of the outside-contractor 'floor-laying' crew beforehand.....

Let us assume (again for argument's sake) that Officer Baker's 11/22 account of what happened in the building reflects actual events:

Let us put ourselves in an innocent Mr. Truly's shoes for a moment:

----------At first, he doesn't think the shots even came from his building
----------But he runs in and offers to show the policeman up the building
----------Several floors up, the officer catches a man walking away from the rear stairway
----------Mr. Truly recognizes the man as one of the outside crew that has been working on the floors upstairs, and tells the officer that he's okay, he works here
----------Later on, Mr. Truly puts the pieces together: that crew were not what they seemed, and that man by the rear stairway was making an escape

What does Mr. Truly do ?
a) Tell the authorities the truth about the encounter, and thereby reveal the presence of an external crew?
b) Find a way to keep a lid on the external crew's existence by keeping the incident in-house, i.e. pretending the man challenged by the officer was in fact an actual Depository employee?

But which Depository employee? Well, for starters, it would have to be a man who bears at least a passing resemblance to the carpentry-crew man caught walking away from that stairway......................

Imagine----------------for example-----------------this light-brown-jacket-wearing man was the actual man described in Officer Baker's affidavit:

He looks rather like Mr. Oswald. Might Mr. Truly get away with a switcheroo?

Thumb1:

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2023, 07:47:03 PM »

Yes, BRW while sitting on the cart couldn't have seen him in either the sniper's nest or where Arnold Rowland said he saw a man with a rifle (standing back from the west window) at the same time as he saw a man at the sniper's nest window.

Fixed!  Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2023, 07:47:03 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2023, 07:56:03 PM »

They were limited in what they could do in that direction because they knew full well that Mr. Oswald hadn't been there, and that compelling evidence of his whereabouts elsewhere could very well yet emerge.

They desperately wanted Mr. Howard Brennan & Co. to say they felt that Mr. Oswald was the man they'd seen in the window. But that was as far as they could go. Pressuring a Depository employee, who actually knew Mr. Oswald, into making a knowingly false identification? Big hostage to fortune.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2023, 08:00:35 PM »
Yes, even if Oswald was standing (and not sitting/squatting) he would have been blocked from William's view from the reader/cart. However, when BRW went in or out of the floor - stood up to leave - shouldn't he seen the top of Oswald's head/torso? That would have been above the boxes.

If they were both standing, perhaps it could have been possible if no stacks of boxes were higher than their eyes. But BRW would have had to be looking that way. And the heights of the stacks of boxes throughout the floor varied.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2023, 08:00:35 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2023, 08:24:47 PM »
Yes, BRW while sitting on the cart couldn't have seen him in either the sniper's nest or where Arnold Rowland said he saw a man with a rifle (standing back from the west window) at the same time as he saw a man at the sniper's nest window.

Fixed!  Thumb1:

Just because someone says something, it doesn’t automatically make it true. Practically all of the occupants of the limousine said that JFK didn’t say anything after he was shot through the neck. And I think that he probably couldn’t have spoken with a hole in his trachea below the larynx. But Kellerman said that he believed he heard JFK say “I’ve been hit”. Based on all of the evidence, Kellerman had to have been mistaken. I think that he might have heard JBC say that. And that JBC would have sounded different with a collapsed lung. This of course doesn’t mean that Kellerman is unreliable and everything he says is wrong. Likewise we do not have to believe everything that Arnold Rowland says. In his 11/22/63 affidavit, he only claimed seeing one man with a rifle. That's believable to me. Later embellishments when he testified to the WC are highly suspect and contradict the other evidence.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 08:26:26 PM by Charles Collins »