Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Testimony of J.C. White ...Patrolman  (Read 10928 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: The Testimony of J.C. White ...Patrolman
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2022, 07:53:41 PM »
Advertisement
Speculation aside...I have searched for other spectators, police, railroad workers ..around those tracks that would corroborate the passing of the freight train and location of White----such information is apparently non-existent.
The movement of a train overhead right at the time of the shots shoulda coulda woulda have grabbed someone else's memory.Then why do it?

Bowers appears to confirm that White was there:

Mr. BALL. Did you see anyone standing on the triple underpass?
Mr. BOWERS. On the triple underpass, there were two policemen. One facing each direction, both east and west. There was one railroad employee, a signal man there with the Union Terminal Co., and two welders that worked for the Fort Worth Welding firm, and there was also a laborer’s assistant furnished by the railroad to these welders.
Mr. BALL. You saw those before the President came by, you saw those people? Mr. BOWERS. Yes; they were there before and after.
Mr. BALL. And were they standing on the triple underpass?
Mr. BOWERS. Yes; they were standing on top of it facing towards Houston
Street, all except, of course, the one policeman on the west side.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2022, 07:53:41 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2022, 08:17:20 PM »
Bowers appears to confirm that White was there:
Mr. BALL. Did you see anyone standing on the triple underpass?
Mr. BOWERS. On the triple underpass, there were two policemen.
And how many trains? OK White was on the far west side of the tracks where there was actually no reason to really stand lookout anyway.
Someone would need a 30 ft ladder to breach the tracks from the west.
The train ...does Bowers confirm the train? And he was in the control tower and should have known this huh?

Offline Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2022, 10:17:28 PM »
Maybe read some of Clint Hill's interviews and books.  Nevertheless, the president no longer rides in an open car on a preannounced route.  They learned many lessons that day.  The security flaws were obvious and exploited by Oswald.  It was a disaster waiting to happen and miraculous that it didn't happen before 11.22.63.
They no longer have a SS agent with an AR15 in the followupcar. But the AR15 could not have happened before 11.22.63 koz the AR15 was put into service only on that morning. And then taken out of service on that afternoon. Where is it now. The museum needs to find it & put it on display. Or at least find another AR15-601 for display.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 02:19:36 PM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2022, 10:17:28 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2022, 03:01:06 AM »
They no longer have a SSA with an AR15 in the follow up car.
The "SSA" is Social Security Administration.
The Secret Service has no abbreviation. If they were categorized as "The SS"....
.....well it might be deemed as somewhat derogatory  :-\

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2022, 02:14:09 PM »
And how many trains? OK White was on the far west side of the tracks where there was actually no reason to really stand lookout anyway.
Someone would need a 30 ft ladder to breach the tracks from the west.
The train ...does Bowers confirm the train? And he was in the control tower and should have known this huh?

Taking a look at “Pictures of the Pain” by Richard B. Trask, on pages 472 and 475 are two images which appear to show a long northbound freight train. I had previously mentioned that the caboose could be seen on the extreme left side of the image you posted. The two images in Trask’s book show a wider view and include a good bit of this train. My guess is that this train had just passed over the triple underpass a short while before the images were taken. And that this train is what officer White associated with the time of the assassination. If he didn’t hear the shots and didn’t see the limo until after it passed under the triple underpass, then he really doesn’t know exactly when the shots actually occurred. If this is correct, then this scenario makes sense to me.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2022, 02:14:09 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2022, 03:05:11 PM »
  My guess is that this train had just passed over the triple underpass a short while before the images were taken. And that this train is what officer White associated with the time of the assassination. 
My guess is that you just keep guessing about stuff.
You can post scans of those Trask photos but the pictures posted already shows that there was no train as the motorcade passed through.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2022, 03:37:02 PM »
You can post scans of those Trask photos but the pictures posted already shows that there was no train as the motorcade passed through.

Again, what difference does it make? 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2022, 03:37:02 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2022, 04:43:02 PM »

Based on the information that I am aware of, one can only guess how fast the northbound train was travelling. So, we can only guess where that train was located when the shots were fired. The images that Jerry posted do not include the area where the train is located. Your image only shows the rear end of the caboose. But there definitely is a train.