Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A Rock Solid Alibi.....  (Read 42157 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: A Rock Solid Alibi.....
« Reply #624 on: September 08, 2022, 03:09:27 AM »
Advertisement
The bayonet lug had one bolt hole and the heavy metal barrel band had two.

Just to show you I ain't pulling your leg, here's the Oswald rifle:

Finally, in the graphic below, the top inset shows how everything fitted together. Two bolts through the heavy metal barrel band and just one through the bayonet lug. It didn't need two bolts because the lug was additionally secured through friction to the barrel itself.

The folded bayonet.

Jerry the slotted part of the bayonet lug measures nearly  one inch  ( 60/64")

So you can use that as a scale and measure the length of the bayonet lug on CE 139  (C2766 ) and compare it to the photo that Charles posted ( the one hole lug)   Are they the same length ? 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #624 on: September 08, 2022, 03:09:27 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #625 on: September 08, 2022, 06:08:06 PM »
Ok, my mistake.... I've never removed the bayonet lug and I was under the impression that it require a special tool. 
Nah...you should be able to do it by just using a dime  :-\

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #626 on: September 08, 2022, 06:12:58 PM »
There's no evidence that somebody else shot Kennedy.
It's easier to sucker people than to convince them that they've been suckered

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #626 on: September 08, 2022, 06:12:58 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #627 on: September 08, 2022, 08:53:22 PM »
Jerry the slotted part of the bayonet lug measures nearly  one inch  ( 60/64")

So you can use that as a scale and measure the length of the bayonet lug on CE 139  (C2766 ) and compare it to the photo that Charles posted ( the one hole lug)   Are they the same length ?

Don't suppose you would put down some of the weird proportions in the lug photo to old-school perspective and wide lens distortion?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #628 on: September 08, 2022, 09:11:19 PM »

Don't suppose you would put down some of the weird proportions in the lug photo to old-school perspective and wide lens distortion?

I'm not sure what you're asking....but I'll accept that I was wrong in assuming that all model 91/38 carcanos had two holes in the bayonet lug for the screws to pass through.  My carcanos have two holes but apparently some have only one hole.  Possible the early version had just one hole and the engineers decided that two holes would be better because the two holes clamp the bayonet lug tighter to the stock.

Now then....   Do you believe that the two parallel lines in the so called  palm print photo are 5/16th  inches apart and they were caused by the bayonet ?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #628 on: September 08, 2022, 09:11:19 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #629 on: September 09, 2022, 12:35:05 AM »
I'm not sure what you're asking....but I'll accept that I was wrong in assuming that all model 91/38 carcanos had two holes in the bayonet lug for the screws to pass through.  My carcanos have two holes but apparently some have only one hole.  Possible the early version had just one hole and the engineers decided that two holes would be better because the two holes clamp the bayonet lug tighter to the stock.

I'm lost. Are you saying your bayonet lug looks like this:

Sorry, but one has to guess at what you mean because you won't post any pictures.

Now then....   Do you believe that the two parallel lines in the so called  palm print photo are 5/16th  inches apart and they were caused by the bayonet ?

If the lifting tape is 2" wide, the linear lines are 5/16" apart, the same width as the bayonet lug. (From this pagee )

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #630 on: September 09, 2022, 01:58:13 AM »

Sorry, but one has to guess at what you mean because you won't post any pictures.

If the lifting tape is 2" wide, the linear lines are 5/16" apart, the same width as the bayonet lug. (From this pagee )

The diameter of the barrel at that point is.....    .652"   (21/32")  Pi X .652 =  2.04 "  So the circumference is 2".

So you're saying that Day used 2 inch wide tape and wrapped it completely around the barrel  even though the print covered only a fraction of  2 inches.     And then you place the tape that was on a cylindrical surface on a flat surface and think that you can present that BS as factual information.

Only a moron would believe that detective  Day wrapped the circumference of the barrel with 2" wide tape when the print was on about 1/2 inch of the surface.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #630 on: September 09, 2022, 01:58:13 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #631 on: September 09, 2022, 02:06:01 AM »

No, not exactly.... The holes are too far apart .... On my carcano they are 1 1/2 inches apart.