Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Position of the Bolt on the MC  (Read 32900 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: The Position of the Bolt on the MC
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2022, 06:19:24 PM »
Advertisement
It’s apparently his middle name….   ;)

I doubt that was intend to be a .....a compliment, But I'll accept it as such.    A person who can't CONCLUDE something that is obvious (like 2 + 2 ) is either mentally deficient, or a coward who is afraid to face the facts.

I your case Mr Collins I believe it's the former..... You simply don't understand how the carcano operates....but that's not totally your fault.    There have been ignorant people who have posted erroneous information about the carcano and some innocently ignorant folks have accepted that inaccurate information and thus they don't know what they are talking about.

I'm referring to the ability to load a single round into the chamber of a carcano by merely dropping a round into the chamber  and closing and latching the bolt....   I don't give a hoot if the guy who believes that is a "firearms expert" who is truly  knowledgeable  about hundreds of rifles.... and he bases his belief on several other bolt action rifles ...He doesn't truly know how the carcano operates.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2022, 06:19:24 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2022, 06:57:34 PM »
I doubt that was intend to be a .....a compliment, But I'll accept it as such.    A person who can't CONCLUDE something that is obvious (like 2 + 2 ) is either mentally deficient, or a coward who is afraid to face the facts.

I your case Mr Collins I believe it's the former..... You simply don't understand how the carcano operates....but that's not totally your fault.    There have been ignorant people who have posted erroneous information about the carcano and some innocently ignorant folks have accepted that inaccurate information and thus they don't know what they are talking about.

I'm referring to the ability to load a single round into the chamber of a carcano by merely dropping a round into the chamber  and closing and latching the bolt....   I don't give a hoot if the guy who believes that is a "firearms expert" who is truly  knowledgeable  about hundreds of rifles.... and he bases his belief on several other bolt action rifles ...He doesn't truly know how the carcano operates.

I have already agreed that, when the rifle was first lifted from the floor by Day, the bolt handle appears to be in the up position versus the locked (down) position. However, I don’t agree that the bolt was not in the fully forward position. And I don’t believe that the cartridge would necessarily have to be scratched by the elevator. Where do you find any supporting evidence for your claim that it would necessarily have to have been scratched by the elevator?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2022, 08:28:45 PM »

I have already agreed that, when the rifle was first lifted from the floor by Day, the bolt handle appears to be in the up position versus the locked (down) position. However, I don’t agree that the bolt was not in the fully forward position. And I don’t believe that the cartridge would necessarily have to be scratched by the elevator. Where do you find any supporting evidence for your claim that it would necessarily have to have been scratched by the elevator?

Where do you find any supporting evidence for your claim that it would necessarily have to have been scratched by the elevator?

Damn!...Now yer askin me to use the old brain and do some hard thinkin.....

But first let me tell you that the scratches on the last round in the clip never originated in my old brain.

I believe it was the FBI man who testified before the WC, about the rifle.    I believe it was he who said that the elevator scratches the last round in the clip .    And I believe him....because it makes sense.  I guess I could  test that for myself, and then I would know for sure if it is a fact.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2022, 08:28:45 PM »

Offline Jim Hawthorn

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2022, 08:53:07 PM »
Where do you find any supporting evidence for your claim that it would necessarily have to have been scratched by the elevator?

But first let me tell you that the scratches on the last round in the clip never originated in my old brain.

I believe it was the FBI man who testified before the WC, about the rifle.    I believe it was he who said that the elevator scratches the last round in the clip .    And I believe him....because it makes sense.  I guess I could  test that for myself, and then I would know for sure if it is a fact.

Does anyone here have an old MC or know anyone who has one? If not we could ask this guy:

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2022, 09:57:52 PM »
Does anyone here have an old MC or know anyone who has one? If not we could ask this guy:

I own several M38 6.5 Carcanos... This is a great benefit because I can verify, or refute something that has been said about the carcano.

"this guy" ( the man in the video) is not a carcano expert.....  I had hoped that the man would touch on the subject of attempting to load a carcano as a single shot rifle......  Of course he didn't because it's a silly idea ( who in the world would want to load a single cartridge into a rifle that is designed to hold six rounds???

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2022, 09:57:52 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2022, 12:19:22 AM »

You are probably thinking about Robert Frazier. I have been reading some of his testimony recently. I didn’t see anything about the elevator scratching the last round. And I haven’t seen anything about the live round missing markings from the elevator. But I could have missed it if it shows up in sections of his testimony that I skimmed through.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2022, 12:21:31 AM »

I’m afraid if you asked that guy, you would have to listen to a half-hour of him yakking about irrelevant things…

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2022, 12:21:31 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2022, 12:26:48 AM »
I own several M38 6.5 Carcanos... This is a great benefit because I can verify, or refute something that has been said about the carcano.

"this guy" ( the man in the video) is not a carcano expert.....  I had hoped that the man would touch on the subject of attempting to load a carcano as a single shot rifle......  Of course he didn't because it's a silly idea ( who in the world would want to load a single cartridge into a rifle that is designed to hold six rounds???

…who in the world would want to load a single cartridge into a rifle that is designed to hold six rounds???

Perhaps someone who lost the clip but had a box of cartridges and needed to shoot before someone shot him. After all, it was designed as a military rifle…