Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Janitor phonecall  (Read 3396 times)

Offline Gerry Down

The Janitor phonecall
« on: October 17, 2021, 04:56:29 AM »
Advertisement
In the book Me And Lee, Judyth Vary Baker mentions an apparently documented phonecall that LHO apparently received at the TSBD on Wednesday Nov 20th 1963 from an unknown woman. Judyth proceeds to claim that she made this phonecall. For more information, see page 518 and 519 of Me and Lee (paperback edition).

On page 536 she goes into more detail:

I estimate I made the call to the TSBD at about 1pm Lees time, knowing he always showed up after lunch time to check his schedule. Our calls on the mafia racing line went through the Covington exchange near New Orleans as arranged by Dave Ferrie for us. And previously the operator sending on the call was never a problem but this time the operator gave me some trouble. She would later tell investigators that a woman with no accent asked for Lee Oswald the new janitor. The middle name “Harvey” was added to the document after it was typed at the TSBD and that Oswald did not accept the call.

Whatever you think about Judyth Vary Baker, she is apparently referencing an actual documented phonecall. Does anyone have a link to this document? Is it an FBI report or a DPD report or what?

JFK Assassination Forum

The Janitor phonecall
« on: October 17, 2021, 04:56:29 AM »

Offline Denis Pointing

Re: The Janitor phonecall
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 05:17:28 PM »
In the book Me And Lee, Judyth Vary Baker mentions an apparently documented phonecall that LHO apparently received at the TSBD on Wednesday Nov 20th 1963 from an unknown woman. Judyth proceeds to claim that she made this phonecall. For more information, see page 518 and 519 of Me and Lee (paperback edition).

On page 536 she goes into more detail:

I estimate I made the call to the TSBD at about 1pm Lees time, knowing he always showed up after lunch time to check his schedule. Our calls on the mafia racing line went through the Covington exchange near New Orleans as arranged by Dave Ferrie for us. And previously the operator sending on the call was never a problem but this time the operator gave me some trouble. She would later tell investigators that a woman with no accent asked for Lee Oswald the new janitor. The middle name “Harvey” was added to the document after it was typed at the TSBD and that Oswald did not accept the call.

Whatever you think about Judyth Vary Baker, she is apparently referencing an actual documented phonecall. Does anyone have a link to this document? Is it an FBI report or a DPD report or what?

Jerry, the only place it's 'documented' is in Baker's imagination. Just like everything else she wrote it's pure BS.

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 06:31:52 PM »
Jerry, the only place it's 'documented' is in Baker's imagination. Just like everything else she wrote it's pure BS.

When I read this in her book it triggered something in my mind that I had heard this story before. But I can't remember where. It's like something you might find in the book Harvey and Lee. But that book is so big it would be hard to find.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 06:31:52 PM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2021, 02:36:39 AM »
When I read this in her book it triggered something in my mind that I had heard this story before. But I can't remember where. It's like something you might find in the book Harvey and Lee. But that book is so big it would be hard to find.

Jerry, simple litmus test. If there was documented proof, as Baker claims, of a link between Oswald, Ferrie and the mafia, don't you think it would be all over the internet? This is what the woman does, comes out with a claim that sounds plausible but doesn't offer an iota of proof to back it up. If ever challenged Baker would just claim the FBI/CIA must have covered it up. Trust her if you wish...https://www.bpete1969.com/2018/03/judyth-vary-baker-continues-to-lie.html
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 03:02:36 AM by Denis Pointing »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2021, 03:29:45 AM »
Jerry, simple litmus test. If there was documented proof, as Baker claims, of a link between Oswald, Ferrie and the mafia, don't you think it would be all over the internet? This is what the woman does, comes out with a claim that sounds plausible but doesn't offer an iota of proof to back it up. If ever challenged Baker would just claim the FBI/CIA must have covered it up. Trust her if you wish...https://www.bpete1969.com/2018/03/judyth-vary-baker-continues-to-lie.html

I don't think JVB ever knew Oswald. What I was thinking was that she found some documented record of a phonecall that had been made to the TSBD looking for Oswald which she then used in her own fictitious book.

I was just wondering was there a record of this phonecall available somewhere.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2021, 03:29:45 AM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2021, 04:16:30 AM »
I don't think JVB ever knew Oswald. What I was thinking was that she found some documented record of a phonecall that had been made to the TSBD looking for Oswald which she then used in her own fictitious book.

I was just wondering was there a record of this phonecall available somewhere.

That's exactly the point I was trying to make. If Baker had a documented record of that phone call she would be showing it all over the net and, of course, in her book.

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2021, 05:23:07 AM »
That's exactly the point I was trying to make. If Baker had a documented record of that phone call she would be showing it all over the net and, of course, in her book.

Fair point. The sense I got from her book though was that this is something that was documented somewhere and she just didn't happen to include that document in her book as she assumed other people in the research community knew about it and so it wasn't necessary to provide a reference to it. But that is just the sense I got. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2021, 05:23:07 AM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2021, 05:26:52 PM »
Fair point. The sense I got from her book though was that this is something that was documented somewhere and she just didn't happen to include that document in her book as she assumed other people in the research community knew about it and so it wasn't necessary to provide a reference to it. But that is just the sense I got.

Bingo!! That's exactly the 'sense' Baker is deliberately trying to convey. Good luck with your research.