Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Signal Man on Elm Street  (Read 7715 times)

Offline Gerry Down

Re: The Signal Man on Elm Street
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2021, 03:27:16 PM »
Advertisement
Seems Witts confirms that the limo stopped. Something the Zapruder film fails to show.

“At this time, there was the car stopping, the screeching of tires, the jamming on of brakes, motorcycle patrolman right there beside one of the cars. One car ran upon the President's car and a man jumped off and jumped on the back. These were scenes that unfolded as I reached the point to where I was seeing things.”

If the limo stopped then that made it easier for lho to shoot JFK. Cbs were trying to hit a moving target in their reconstruction. Whereas lho was aiming at a stationary target if the limo was stopped.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2021, 03:27:16 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2021, 03:30:54 PM »
Wrong again, Jerry.  https://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/hsca/reportvols/vol4/pdf/HSCA_Vol4_0925_7_Witt.pdf  Bad luck, SMART GUY. :D :D :D
Mr. FAUNTROY. Terrible had happened?
Mr. WITT. Had happened, yes, I was stunned.
Mr. FAUNTROY. I must admit that my reaction to the picture by
which you were ultimately identified was one of a very cool cat.
That is, you look rather cool there to me. But you were--
Mr. WITT. I can assure you I was not all that cool. I think one of
my reactions was knowing that I was there with this stupid um-
brella
and heckling the President and-of course, I didn't know
that the President had been killed. As a matter of fact, I didn't
know he had been shot.
Stupid umbrella was in the way?

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2021, 03:47:08 PM »
If the limo stopped then that made it easier for lho to shoot JFK. Cbs were trying to hit a moving target in their reconstruction. Whereas lho was aiming at a stationary target if the limo was stopped.
It was a momentary braking. A driver fearing he was going into an ambush from the front it seems.
I thought the official story made some wild claims but you guys are coming up with some doozies ::)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2021, 03:47:08 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2021, 06:49:23 PM »
  Stupid umbrella was in the way?

As he opened the umbrella, the wind got under it and Witt was trying to control it.

"I--my view of the car during that length of time was blocked by the umbrella being open.
     And my--the next time I saw the car after I saw it coming down on my left traveling west,
     the next time I saw the car was when this activity of the car stopping, one car rushing up
     on another, the motorcycle patrolman stopping, there was this screeching of tires, this
     sort of thing."

I suppose Witt had already seen the President in terms of spectacle -- remember, he didn't like the Democrats and only needed a brief visual interaction with them. Then came the moment to open the umbrella, and like other stunts, it didn't go as smoothly as imagined. The umbrella first appears in the Willis05 slide (taken at Z202) and in Zapruder frame Z206, and it is quite low. The wind makes the umbrella rotate a bit back and forth. Witt would have had to control that somehow.

The umbrella is raised high in the Bronson still and film strip taken near the head shot. So maybe Witt's umbrella protest was aimed not just at the Kennedys (who he figured weren't about to apologize for Joe Kennedy's "appeasement") and more at the politicians and reporters who were in the following cars.

"Of note is material relating an umbrella sent to President Kennedy by a group of German
     students, accompanied by an open letter, in protest of the reaction of the West to the
     construction of the Berlin Wall and to symbolize the consequences of a policy of
     appeasement like that of Neville Chamberlain"

— John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum

Online Robert Reeves

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2021, 09:10:20 PM »
What if he had the umbrella open way before he said so?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2021, 09:10:20 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2021, 06:42:36 PM »

Pareidolia.

Below: It's been suggested that Mr. Witt, the Umbrella Man, is the figure in the suit standing on the sidewalk, camera-left of the motorcycle windshield.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2021, 10:30:16 PM »

So maybe Witt's umbrella protest was aimed not just at the Kennedys (who he figured weren't about to apologize for Joe Kennedy's "appeasement") and more at the politicians and reporters who were in the following cars.

Is that what he testified? 
You mean like aimed at all society?  :D
Pareidolia  Apophenia= Maybe he just thought it was raining.
Let's utterly-constantly speculate until the end of time.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2021, 10:30:16 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2021, 10:57:15 PM »

Is that what he testified? 
You mean like aimed at all society?  :D

More at the politicians and reporters who were in the following cars that one day. Witt supposedly never did anything like that again. Poor arch-right fanatic missed out on voting for Trump but he lived out his life in a bubble in Dallas.

Pareidolia  Apophenia= Maybe he just thought it was raining.

Wordage and semantics sure make make your imagination take flight.

Let's utterly-constantly speculate until the end of time.

Nah. Just one step at a time. No need to spread the BS around the web about an open umbrella in the Moorman Cycle Photo. Case closed. :P