Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Hoffman couldn't hear, White didn't hear, Murphy heard.  (Read 18586 times)

Offline Marjan Rynkiewicz

Re: Hoffman couldn't hear, White didn't hear, Murphy did hear.
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2023, 04:30:37 AM »
Advertisement
I am thinking that the only possibly helpful bit of the whole Hoffman saga is his mention that Queen Mary stopped, & turned its warning lights off, ie turned its siren off. Hoffman would see that the lights were turned off, but being deaf would not know that the siren was turned off. So, i smell some truth here. Hoffman concocted most of his sad story by reading articles over a number of years. But, was there ever anything written about the Queen Mary stopping on the onramp? – i don’t think so. So, i think that Hoffman saw something with his own eyes. Being deaf he would not have been able to eavesdrop on (at least 6) gawkers talking amongst themselves near Hoffman's Lookout on the overpass (plus say  60 gawkers in the 3 car queues blocked at the rail bridge).

Earle Brown on the rail bridge said that the "whole motorcade" stopped on the on-ramp (access ramp) for praps 30 seconds.
The "whole motorcade" would have been (1) JFK limo, (2) Curry in lead car, (3) Queen Mary, (4) VP limo, & praps (5) the VP follow-up car with SS agents, & praps later (6) a patrol bike (if it caught up during the stoppage).
Here above i assume that (2) the lead car has a little earlier cut in between the JFK limo & Queen Mary.

Problem-1.  Hoffman "said" (in his book i think) that when the Queen Mary was below him the JFK limo had already passed the rail bridge (ie the JFK limo was over 100 yd ahead of Queen Mary). Or, praps Hoffman meant that when the Queen Mary stopped the JFK limo kept going & therefore was soon a long way ahead. In any case Hoffman's version of the stoppage is not the same as Brown's version (Brown said that the whole motorcade stopped).

Problem-2.  Hoffman duznt mention the lead car, nor the VP limo & its SS follow-up car. Or praps he duz mention them in his book (i haven’t redd his book).

I don’t remember patrolman Murphy on the overpass over the onramp ever mentioning that the lead car cut in front of Queen Mary before Queen Mary reached the eastern side of the overpass where Murphy was standing (no big deal).  Murphy (after Queen Mary had passed under him) probly ran 24 yd over to the western side of the overpass in say 7 sec to catch another glimpse of the JFK limo.
Problem-3.  Had the motorcade stopped (near say Hoffman's Lookout) then Murphy (after he ran over to the western barrier) would have had time for a good view looking down on the confusion. But Murphy never mentions running over, & duznt mention any such stoppage & confusion.

How would a stoppage look?  Praps the lead car pulled up next to the JFK limo, & praps Curry said follow us to the hospital,  & praps then the lead car took the lead again (ie it had been in the lead when it entered the triple underpass). The onramp is wide enuff for the lead car to pass the JFK limo, & in any case the left kerb has a semi-mountable profile that accommodates passing.

So, i reckon that Hoffman was indeed somewhere on the overpass next to the onramp, & saw Queen Mary (probly already) stopped, & saw Queen Mary turn its warning lights off. But Hoffman forgot about other details. I doubt that Hickey pointed the AR15 at Hoffman. I doubt that Hoffman ran towards Brown waving his arms. I doubt that Hoffman made an early exit in his Falcon, etc.

SSA Hill is still alive. Someone should ask him whether the motorcade stopped on the onramp. However, i suspect that such a stoppage would have been hushed up – koz it would have been yet another failure of the SS (say Failure-4 of 10), ie not knowing how to get to the nearest emergency hospital.

A motorcade stoppage on the onramp would do little to help our understanding of what happened in Dealey Plaza re the jfk shots (ie the attempted assassination by Oswald & the accidental homicide by Hickey).
But the existence of the stoppage might help our understanding of ….
(1)  the ensuing coverup of the accidental homicide, &
(2) the utter litany of failures re the facts & factoids, &
(3) the stupidity of many researchers & supposed experts (ie on this forum & other forums), &
(4) the ongoing hysteria of dullards with broken BS-meters arguing in ever increasing circles re their favorit dogma re the first shot & a magic bullet & a big hole in the back of the head & a shot from the front & a shooter at the paling fence etc.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 12:51:33 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2023, 04:30:37 AM »

Offline Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2023, 04:23:40 AM »
I have advised that Officer Murphy ran across Stemmons east to west as soon as JFK & Queen Mary passed under him -- & Murphy then stood at the western barrier looking north (Bell frame).
Officer Brown said that the jfklimo & other cars stopped for 30 seconds, just north of Murphy.
But Murphy duznt mention any such stopping in his testimony.
Murphy duznt mention that Murphy ran across to the west side.
He says that soon after the shots the traffic banked up to past his position, but, there is no such banking up in Bell's footage, not for perhaps one minute after the shots.
https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh6/pdf/WH6_Murphy.pdf

TESTIMONY OF JOE E. MURPHY
The testimony of Joe E. Murphy was taken at 950 a.m., on April 8, 1964, in the office of U.S. attorney, 301 Post Office Building, Bryan and Ervay Streets, Dallas, Tex., by Mr. Joseph A. Ball, assistant counsel of the President’s Commission.
Mr. BALL. Will you raise your right hand and be sworn? Do you solemnly swear that the testimony you are about to give before the Commission will be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, SO help you God?
Mr. MUBPHY. I do.
Mr. BALL. Will you state your name and address for the record?
Mr. MUBPHY. Joe E. Murphy, 2509 Winthrop ; (spelling) W-i-n-t-h-r-o-p, Drive.
Mr. BALL. And what is your occupation?
Mr. MUBPHY. Police officer.
Mr. BALL. How long have you been with the Department?
Mr. MURPHY. I am in my 21st year.
Mr. BALL. With the Dallas Police Department?
Mr. MUBPHY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. Where were.you born?
Mr. MWPHY. Dallas.
Mr. BALL. Where did you go to school?
Mr. MWPHY. High school-St. Joseph High School here in Dallas.
Mr. BALL. You went all through school here in Dallas, did you?
Mr. MURPHY. Yes, sir; that’s right.
Mr. BALL. What did you do after you got out of high school?
Mr. MUEPHY. Well, I played pro baseball for about 2 years, Class D-West Texas and New Mexico League. After that I went to work for the Humble Oil and Refining Co. in Baytown. I was down there about 2 years and came back to Dallas and then I went to work on the police force.
Mr. BALL. And you have been there ever since?
Mr. MUBPHY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. You are a patrolman, are you?
Mr. MUBPHY. That’s right.
Mr. BALL. Do you have a three-wheeler?
Mr. MUBPHY. A three-wheeler-yes.
Mr. BALL. On November 22, 1963, did they assign you to some post?
Mr. MUBPHY. Yes, I was assigned to the overpass-the Stemmons Freeway overpass northbound at Elm Street-over Elm.
Mr. BALL. What instructions did you have?
Mr. MURPHY. It was to keep anyone and everyone off of the overpass and to keep traffic moving until the motorcade arrived.
Mr. BALL. Now, you have a map here which you have drawn for us to show your position, is that right? (Reporter marked instrument-Murphy Exhibit A, for identification.)
Mr. MWPHY. Yes; that’s right.
Mr. BALL. And you have drawn a position there as to where you were standing, is that right?
Mr. MUBPHY. That’s right.
Mr. BALL. And where you parked your three-wheeler?
Mr. MuaPHY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. All right, mark the place where you were standing as Position 1, using an “X”.
Mr. MURPHY. All right. (Witness Murphy marked the diagram 88 requested by Counsel Ball.)
Mr. BALL. And your three-wheeler was beside you?
Mr. MUBPHY. Yes; right on the shoulder.
Mr. BALL. Wexe there any other ofllcers on that overpass?
Mr. MIUBPHY. Yes; there were two more about-oh, a 100 feet south of meto slow traffic or to stop traffic whenever the motorcade entered the Stemmons Freewq north entrance.
Mr. BALL. Now where were they located-and, did they as the motorcade came down Elm Street, did they go into the highway and stop traffic?
Mr. BIUEPHY. Yes; they did.
Mr. BALL. Will you put their positions on the Stemmons Freeway overpass at the time the motorcade came west on Elm, and mark it (2) and (3).
Mr. MUBPHY. (Marked diagram as requested by Counsel Ball.)
Mr. BALL. Do you know the names of those officers that were (2) and (3) ?
Mr. MUBPHY. I can’t recall. I know them but I can’t recall who they were.
Mr. BALL. Were they three-wheeler oflicers too, do they drive three-wheelers?
Mr. MWPHY. I believe both of them three-wheelers.
Mr. BALL. And as the motorcade came west on Elm, did they stop traffic on Stemmons Freeway?
Mr. MURPHY. Yes, their main job was to slow it and let the officers farther down the freeway-they would stop it, but tratXc approaches pretty fast and they were to slow traffic and let the officers then stop it. They did-they-they stepped into and were slowing the traffic as the motorcade came under that railroad overpass.
Mr. BALL. Did they ever stop traffic completely?
Mr. MURPHY. Well, it stopped-it stopped itself back down when all the excitement-someone down there-they blocked the whole street and then it backed up, is what it did-backed up to our position.
Mr. BALL. On Stemmons Freeway?
Mr. MURPHY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. Now Position (1) is where you were standing?
Mr. MURPHY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. Were there any people standing on the overpass over Elm, on the Stemmons Freeway overpass over Elm, as the motorcade came down?
Mr. MURPHY. No: there was no one standing there prior to the arrival of the motorcade or after the motorcade arrived.
Mr. BALL. The only one standing there was you?
Mr. MURPHY. It was me.
Mr. BALL. Now, let’s go to the railroad overpass, and first of all, as you turned west on Elm from Houston, what is the first overpass that you encounter?
Mr. MUBPHY. There is a railroad overpass-all of the trains entering and leaving the Union Station cross over that overpass.
Mr. BALL. Were there any officers on that overpass?
Mr. MUBPHY. There were two.
Mr. BALL. Can you mark their positions, approximately, as you saw them before the motorcade arrived?
Mr. MUBPHY. As best I could see--one was on each side-one here and one over on this side.
Mr. BALL. AI1 right, mark the position of the o5cer on the west side asPosition (4), and the one on the east side as Position (5).
(The Witness Murphy marked the diagram as requested by Counsel Ball.)
Mr. BALL. Were these uniformed officers?
Mr. MURPHY. Yes, they were.
Mr. BALL. Do you know their names?
Mr. MURPHY. No, sir; I don’t.
Mr. BALL. Did they have three-wheelers?
Mr. MURPHY. No; I couldn’t say.
Mr. BALL. Now, were there any other people besides the two officers on this railroad overpass?
Mr. MURPHY. There were about 8 or l&from what I could s-about 8 or 10 men dressed in the overalls and they appeared to be railroad employeees.
Mr. BALL. Can you mark in their positions, approximately?
Mr. MURPHY. Well, they were in a group right in the center of Elm Street.
Mr. BALL. They were all together?
Mr. MURPHY. Yes ; it appeared that they were in a group (Witness Murphy drew circle indicating presence of persons heretofore mentioned as requested by Counsel Ball).
Mr. BALL. You have drawn a circle there?
Mr. MUBPHY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. And mark that (6).
(Witness Murphy marked the diagram as requested by Counsel Ball.)
Mr. BALL. And in that circle there were about how many?
Mr. MUBPHY. 8 to 10 persons.
Mr. BALL. There were 8 to 10 persons approximately, dressed in overalls?
Mr. MUBPHY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. Did you see any other people on the railroad overpass?
Mr. MWPHY. No, sir; I didn’t.
Mr. BALL. Could you see the motorcade on Houston from your position (1) ?
Mr. MURPHY. Yes; I could.
Mr. BALL. Did you see the President’s car turn the corner of Main and Houston?
Mr. MUEPHY. Yes; I did.
Mr. BALL. That was in your view, was it?
Mr. McnwH~. Yes; it was
Mr. BALL. Was the corner of Houston and Elm within your view?
Mr. MURPHY. Just a portion of it-you lose sight of it there for just a few seconds, as it makes the turn. Well, you lose sight of it. There is some kind of a-on that part there is a concrete, oh, I don’t know what you would call it-kind of a framework-it appears to be.
Mr. BALL. In other words, there is an obstruction to your view?
Mr. MWPHY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. From where you were standing at Position (1) ?
Mr. MUBPHY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. And the corner of the intersection of Houston and Elm?
Mr. MUBPHY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. Were you able to see the President’s car after it had turned west on Elm from Houston?
Mr. MUBPHY. Well, again there, you just get a very short view of it before it goes out of sight then, going down that hill.
Mr. BALL. You heard shots, did you?
Mr. MUBPHY. Yes, I did.
Mr. BALL. Now, from the time you saw the President’s car turn north on Houston from Main and until you heard the shots, what direction were you looking ?
Mr. MWPHY. I was looking in an easterly direction.
Mr. BALL. Toward what?
Mr. MWPHY. Toward the motorcadetowards the President’s car.
Mr. BALL. Did you keep the motorcade in sight at all times?
Mr. MUBPHY. Yes, I did.
Mr. BALL. Did you see anything unusual occur in this group of railroad men where you have marked Position (6) ?
Mr. MWPHY. No, I didn’t-I did not.
Mr. BALL. Anybody armed there?  Mr. MURPHY. No, not that I could tell.
Mr. BALL. Can you tell me what direction the policemen were looking who were at Position (4) and (5) ?
Mr. MURPHY. They appeared to be looking in an easterly direction also.
Mr. BALL. The direction of the motorcade?
Mr. MURPHY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. And dni rou see other individuals on that railroad overpass except the ones you have described?
Mr. MURPHY. No, just that group that I have described.
Mr. BALL. Now, you say you heard something-heard shots?
Mr. MURPHY. Yes.
Mr. BAI.L. Describe to me your best recollection as to what you heard?
Mr. MURPHY. Well, I heard-I knew they were shots as soon as I heard them, but I thought at first it was-it sounded like a shotgun, and then I got the three shots and there were so many echoes and everything-then I did determine it sounded more like a rifle. I do quite a bit of hunting and I determined it sounded more like a rifle.
Mr. BALL. Those shots came from what direction?
Mr. MURPHY. Well. just from the direction I was looking-that’s all I could tell. They came from an easterly direction, from where I was standing.
Mr. BALL. And were there echoes?
Mr. MURPHY. Yes, quite a few.
Mr. BALL. Did the men who were on the overpass at Position (5) do anything?
Mr. MURPHY. I don’t recall--on that overpass--right after the shots, I did see then a group of people running up the side of this embankment on Elm and running. That would be here-right in here.
Mr. BALL. To the north of Elm?
Mr. MURPHY. To the north of Elm.
Mr. BALL. Would you put an arrow showing the direction they were running and mark that arrow as “‘7”-that’s the direction you saw people running?
Mr. MTRPHY. (Marked diagram as requested by Counsel Ball.) Yes, they were running up in this direction and then in behind this Book Depository. Oh, I could tell a lot of them were photographers, because I could see their cameras in their hands and then a number of other people, and then I did see some officers also running in that direction.
Mr. BALL. Did you see what the railroad men did who were at Position (6) on your map?

Mr. MURPHY. No; because right at that time that traffic began backing up on the freeway and I had turned in to try to keep them moving, but I found that I couldn’t move them because it was blocked down below me, north of me and there was traffic just stacked up from where the other officers had it stopped there.
Mr. BAL.L. How long did you stay at your position?
Mr. MURPHY. Well, I stayed until, I guess, it was about maybe 3 minutes after we heard the shots and then the broadcast came over the radio that there had been a shooting-the President had been shot-and then I went towards the Book Depository. I got on my motor and went towards the Book Depository then-off of the freeway; and then was there up around the Book Depository for the nextI would say hour or hour and a half at least.

Mr. BALL. Did you talk to any witnesses?
Mr. MCRPHY. I did pick up or talk to three or four people that said they had seen things and said they heard different things, and I took them to the sheriff’s office across the street.
Mr. BALL. Do you knew what their names were?
Mr. MURPHY. No, sir; I couldn’t tell you. I turned them over to the investigators there with the sheriff’s department-the district attorney’s investigators, that’s who they were.
Mr. BALL. You didn’t make any notes of their names?
Mr. MURPHY. No, sir; I didn’t.
Mr. BALL. Do you remember now what any of them told you?
Mr. MLRPHY. Well, one man in particular-he was standing on Elm-he was standing right about here where we have marked Position (7), and he claimed that he heard two shots above him and behind him, and one shot from up around the edge of this park, and another man claimed that he had been standing nearly in this same position-he was standing here on the street and he claimed that all the shots he heard came from overhead to his rear.
Mr. BALL. That would be near the Texas School Book Depository?
Mr. MURPHY. Yes, towards that Book Depository.
Mr. ISALL. Did you go on the police radio and make any announcement or statement?
Mr. MURPHY. So, sir; I didn’t. It was so jammed, I didn’t make any.
Mr. BALL. I would like to have this marked as Exhibit A to your deposition, which is illustrative of your testimony. (Instrument marked by the reporter as Murphy Exhibit No. A, for identification.)
Mr. BALL. This will be written up and you can come in and look it over and sign it if you wish, or you can waive signature if you wish. It is your optionwhat would you like to do?
Mr. MURPHY. Well, if it’s necessary, I will sign it. If it isn’t, that’s perfectly all right with me.
Mr. BALL. It isn’t necessary.
Mr. MURPHY. Well, that’s all right then.
Mr. BALL. Then, you will waive signature?
Mr. MURPHY. Yes, sir.
Mr. B&L. Thanks very much for coming in.
Mr. MWPHY. All right<ertainly. 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 04:33:24 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2023, 04:30:14 AM »
Depending on who was interviewing Hoffman, he was a bit flexible on indicating where Kennedy was shot. ::)

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2023, 04:30:14 AM »

Offline Duncan MacRae

• Administrator
    • JFK Assassination Photographs
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2023, 02:12:41 PM »
Hoffman Also Appears To Indicate That His Alleged Fence Shooter Was Left Handed: From Video Time 1.00

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2023, 10:58:06 PM »
Hoffman Also Appears To Indicate That His Alleged Fence Shooter Was Left Handed: From Video Time 1.00

Thanks Duncan, that video made me laugh and shows how easy it is to pollute this case with pure nonsense.

Btw what happened to the links to your Youtube videos because your channel has hundreds of excellent informative CT and LN videos?

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2023, 10:58:06 PM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2023, 11:44:27 PM »
Thanks Duncan, that video made me laugh and shows how easy it is to pollute this case with pure nonsense.

Btw what happened to the links to your Youtube videos because your channel has hundreds of excellent informative CT and LN videos?

JohnM

When ridicule substitutes for "facts".......

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2023, 11:50:46 PM »
When ridicule substitutes for "facts".......

Ok Martin, if not ridicule, exactly what facts do you derive from the following contradiction?

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2023, 11:50:46 PM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2023, 11:56:10 PM »
Ok Martin, if not ridicule, exactly what facts do you derive from the following contradiction?

JohnM

I don't derive anything from it. Both are approximations that indicate a general area.

You don't expect an eye-witness to be 100% correct every time, right?