Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Captain Fritz show Mr Oswald a Mauser?  (Read 47443 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Did Captain Fritz show Mr Oswald a Mauser?
« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2021, 04:46:19 AM »
Advertisement
Rowland was one of many earwitness and nothing more. As far a an eyewitness, believing his testimony is just trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Specter and Rowland's own wife showed his testimony be completely unreliable.

As I've demonstrated just a few posts ago, Barbara Rowland confirms everything Arnold was saying on the day of the assassination.
Far from showing his testimony is unreliable, Barbara confirms the accuracy of Arnold's testimony.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2021, 04:46:19 AM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2021, 04:47:32 AM »
Not quite sure what you're saying here Jack. In the testimony you provide Rowland is absolutely consistent - he could see the man from just below his waist to the top of his head and the rifle was in full view. I'm not seeing the contradictions you appear to be seeing.

This is the only real problem with the part of the testimony you've presented. Rowland found it difficult to accurately judge how far in the building the man with the rifle was stood which, in my opinion would be quite a difficult thing to estimate. Rowland says as much himself -

" Two and a half, three feet, something on that--that is something very hard to ascertain. That would just be an estimation on my part."

This minor detail seems to be jumped on by those wishing to undermine his testimony.
The point is this - Barbara Rowland independently confirms Arnold gave this description of the man with the rifle 15 minutes before the motorcade had arrived in Dealey Plaza.
It's not a question of him making it up for the WC, Rowland was saying exactly the same thing on the day of the assassination.
This is confirmed by Barbara Rowland's testimony.

http://jfklancer.com/photos/WindowViews/ce1312.jpg

If he was standing at the window there would not be 36" of space between his head and the top of the open window. The window starts at 14" above the floor and the open area of the window is only 30". There would not be any open space between his head and the open window unless he was 3 feet tall.

Mr. SPECTER - You say you only saw a small portion of what?
Mr. ROWLAND - Of his pants from his waist down.
Mr. SPECTER - Which half of the window was open, the bottom half or the top half?
Mr. ROWLAND - It was the bottom half.
Mr. SPECTER - And how much, if any, of his body was obscured by the window frame from that point down to the floor?
Mr. ROWLAND - From where I was standing I could see from his head to about 6 inches below his waist, below his belt.
Mr. SPECTER - Could you see as far as his knees?
Mr. ROWLAND - No.

Specter knew the window started 14" above the floor but Arnold obviously did not. owland describes a person whose waist is 20" above the floor.

Mr. SPECTER - How much of the rifle was separated from your line of vision by the window?
Mr. ROWLAND - The entire rifle was in my view.
Mr. SPECTER - In the open part of the window?
Mr. ROWLAND - Yes.
Mr. SPECTER - And how much of his body, if any, was in the open view where there was no window between your eyes and the object of his body?
Mr. ROWLAND - Approximately two-thirds of his body just below his waist.
Mr. SPECTER - Up to what point?
Mr. ROWLAND - Mid point between the waist and the knees, this is again in my proportion to his height that I make that judgment.
Mr. SPECTER - So from the waist, some point between his knees and his waist, you started to see hi clear in the window?
Mr. ROWLAND - Yes.

Mr. SPECTER - And from that point how far up his body were you able to see without any obstruction of a window between you and him?
Mr. ROWLAND - To the top of his head. There was some space on top of that where I could see the wall behind him.
Mr. SPECTER - What is your best estimate of the space between the top of his head and the open window at the perspective you were observing?
Mr. ROWLAND - Two and a half, three feet, something on that--that is something very hard to ascertain. That would just be an estimation on my part.

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/html/WH_Vol17_0116a.htm

The rifle he is claiming to know so much about is going to be at spproximately 40 inches long. The window opening is only 30 inches and Arnold claims to see it all of the rifle plus a space above his head.

Mr. SPECTER - How much, if any, or all of that rifle could you see?
Mr. ROWLAND - All of it.
Mr. SPECTER - You could see from the base of the stock down to the tip of the end of the rifle?
Mr. ROWLAND - Yes.
Mr. SPECTER - The barrel of the rifle?

Specter knew what he was asking Arnold and repeatedly Rowland gave a visual description that was impossible for him to have seen.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2021, 05:20:49 AM »
http://jfklancer.com/photos/WindowViews/ce1312.jpg

If he was standing at the window there would not be 36" of space between his head and the top of the open window. The window starts at 14" above the floor and the open area of the window is only 30". There would not be any open space between his head and the open window unless he was 3 feet tall.

You're misunderstanding Rowland's response to this question:

Mr. SPECTER - What is your best estimate of the space between the top of his head and the open window at the perspective you were observing?
Mr. ROWLAND - Two and a half, three feet, something on that--that is something very hard to ascertain. That would just be an estimation on my part.

The first point is that Rowland is insistent the man with the rifle is not stood next to the window:

Mr. ROWLAND - He wasn't next to the window, but he wasn't very far back. I would say 3 to 5 feet back from the window.

When Specter asks him to estimate the "space between the top of his head and the open window", Rowland isn't talking about the vertical distance from the top of the man's head to the top of the open window, he is trying to estimate the distance between the man's head and the window - approximately 3ft

Mr. SPECTER - You say you only saw a small portion of what?
Mr. ROWLAND - Of his pants from his waist down.
Mr. SPECTER - Which half of the window was open, the bottom half or the top half?
Mr. ROWLAND - It was the bottom half.
Mr. SPECTER - And how much, if any, of his body was obscured by the window frame from that point down to the floor?
Mr. ROWLAND - From where I was standing I could see from his head to about 6 inches below his waist, below his belt.
Mr. SPECTER - Could you see as far as his knees?
Mr. ROWLAND - No.

Specter knew the window started 14" above the floor but Arnold obviously did not. owland describes a person whose waist is 20" above the floor.

Again you're assuming Rowland is talking about someone stood next to the window which, as you correctly point out, would make the man extremely short. He's describing a taller man stood further in the building.

Mr. SPECTER - How much of the rifle was separated from your line of vision by the window?
Mr. ROWLAND - The entire rifle was in my view.
Mr. SPECTER - In the open part of the window?
Mr. ROWLAND - Yes.
Mr. SPECTER - And how much of his body, if any, was in the open view where there was no window between your eyes and the object of his body?
Mr. ROWLAND - Approximately two-thirds of his body just below his waist.
Mr. SPECTER - Up to what point?
Mr. ROWLAND - Mid point between the waist and the knees, this is again in my proportion to his height that I make that judgment.
Mr. SPECTER - So from the waist, some point between his knees and his waist, you started to see hi clear in the window?
Mr. ROWLAND - Yes. [/b]
Mr. SPECTER - And from that point how far up his body were you able to see without any obstruction of a window between you and him?
Mr. ROWLAND - To the top of his head. There was some space on top of that where I could see the wall behind him.

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/html/WH_Vol17_0116a.htm

The rifle he is claiming to know so much about is going to be at spproximately 40 inches long. The window opening is only 30 inches and Arnold claims to see it all of the rifle plus a space above his head.

The rifle is being held diagonally across the man and the 36" gap above his head is a misunderstanding

Mr. SPECTER - How much, if any, or all of that rifle could you see?
Mr. ROWLAND - All of it.
Mr. SPECTER - You could see from the base of the stock down to the tip of the end of the rifle?
Mr. ROWLAND - Yes.
Mr. SPECTER - The barrel of the rifle?

Specter knew what he was asking Arnold and repeatedly Rowland gave a visual description that was impossible for him to have seen.

You're mistaken about what Arnold is describing. He is talking about a normal sized man stood away from the window. He is clearly not describing a 36" gap above the head of a man being seen through a 30" gap.
He can see a man from just below the waist up who is holding a rifle diagonally across his body. The man is stood far enough away from the window to allow this view to be possible.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2021, 05:20:49 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2021, 09:09:13 AM »
Rowland was one of many earwitness and nothing more. As far a an eyewitness, believing his testimony is just trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Specter and Rowland's own wife showed his testimony be completely unreliable.

Not what I asked, Mr Nessan.

Do you believe that Mr Rowland claimed, while giving his affidavit statement, that he and his wife arrived in downtown Dallas at approximately 12:10 PM?

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2021, 12:45:57 PM »

Do you believe that Mr Rowland claimed, while giving his affidavit statement, that he and his wife arrived in downtown Dallas at approximately 12:10 PM?

Do us all a favour Alan, if you've got a point to make just make it out in full so we can have a look at it properly and critique it rather than this "death by a thousand teasing questions". Just say whatever it is you have to say and let's move on from there - pretty please.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2021, 12:45:57 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2021, 04:44:23 PM »
Not so quick Walt.
Mrs Cabell is talking about looking up at the TSBD at the time of the shots and seeing something stuck out of a window that may well have been a rifle. She is NOT saying Roberts was judging anything by the sound of the shots, She is saying it was something she overheard Roberts saying just after the shots. If it is impossible to judge such a thing by the sound it indicates Roberts saw the rifle.

She is saying it was something she overheard Roberts saying just after the shots.

So you believe that Congressman Robert's also saw this "something" being stuck out of a window, And Robert's was able to identify that "something" as a rifle...and amazingly, Robert's could even identify the CALIBER of the rifle in that fleeting glimpse.   Do I have it right now?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 04:59:24 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2021, 05:40:46 PM »
As I've demonstrated just a few posts ago, Barbara Rowland confirms everything Arnold was saying on the day of the assassination.
Far from showing his testimony is unreliable, Barbara confirms the accuracy of Arnold's testimony. BRW could see from his location on the 6th floor all the way to the west wall and nobody was standing at the window.

Barbara did not confirm there was a person in the 6th floor SW corner she only stated Arnold told her this story for whatever his reason but basically based on the conversation about Mr Stevenson"s visit. What Barbara confirmed, which is what Specter suspicioned during the WC testimony and eventually confirmed by BRW's WC statement, was there was no person there and never was a person in the window.

------------------

Mrs. ROWLAND. Well, my husband and I were talking about Mr. Stevenson's visit and the way the people had acted, and we were talking about security measures, and he said he saw a man on the sixth floor of the School Book Depository Building, and when I looked up there I didn't see the man, because I didn't know exactly what window he was talking about at first.
And when I found out which window it was, the man had apparently stepped back, because I didn't see him.

Mr. BELIN. What do you mean "generally agree"? Did you see the man?
Mrs. ROWLAND. No; I didn't see the man but I said I guess that was what it was.

-------------------

Mr. BALL. Did you see anyone else up there that day?
Mr. WILLIAMS. No, I did not.

Mr. DULLES. How much of the room could you see as you finished your lunch there? Was your view obstructed by boxes of books, or could you see a good bit of the sixth floor?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Well, at the time I couldn't see too much of the sixth floor, because the books at the time were stacked so high. I could see only in the path that I was standing--as I remember, I could not possibly see anything to the east side of the building. But just one aisle, the aisle I was standing in I could see just about to the west side of the building. So far as seeing to the east and behind me, I could only see down the aisle behind me and the aisle to the west of me.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2021, 05:40:46 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2021, 05:43:43 PM »

Mr. BELIN. Do you figure if the motorcade came by at around 12:30, you figure you got down to the spot at 12 or 12:05?
Mrs. ROWLAND. Yes.