Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: LHO's shirt  (Read 35449 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: LHO's shirt
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2021, 12:20:47 AM »
Advertisement
This is the shirt Mr Oswald wore to work that day (credit: Mr Pat Speer)--------------

Yes, this shirt does match the description that Lee gave for the shirt that he wore that morning,  and it matches the descrition of the shirt that Linnie Mae Randal said she saw Lee wearing, and it matches the shirt that Detective Potts found in Lee's dresser drawer,   BUT..  It DOES NOT match the colors of the tuft of fibers that FBI agent Paul Stombaugh  found on the butt plate of the carcano.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2021, 12:20:47 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2021, 12:24:05 AM »
This is the shirt Mr Oswald wore to work that day (credit: Mr Pat Speer)--------------

Yes, this shirt does match the description that Lee gave for the shirt that he wore that morning,  and it matches the descrition of the shirt that Linnie Mae Randal said she saw Lee wearing, and it matches the shirt that Detective Potts found in Lee's dresser drawer,   BUT..  It DOES NOT match the colors of the tuft of fibers that FBI agent Paul Stombaugh  found on the butt plate of the carcano.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2021, 12:43:42 AM »
Walt,

Was not trying to state that the LHO arrest shirt was the same as the one you informed me about at the rooming house, was just unsure as to whether the REDDISH BROWN shirt with the BUTTON DOWN COLLAR that you mentioned was proven to be the one worn on the morning of the assassination, hence my question as to whether it had been forensically tested.

I had read about LHO changing his clothes when he returned to the rooming house but I was unsure as to the 'consensus' (that word again) around his pre and post 1:00 pm attire.

I am happy to accept that he changed his clothes and that the shirt is the one Alan has highlighted above. Are there people who dispute this?

It is important that their is clarity around this as how this is answered impacts other events of that day.

For example,

If LHO changed his working clothes at the rooming house then

The witness statements of the bus passenger Blesdoe and the taxi driver Whaley do not stand up as they both describe him wearing the shirt he was arrested in at the TT.

Some of the debate and analysis around the evidence for LHO being outside the TSBD as the motorcade drives by rely on photographs that compare the shirt worn by the figure in the photograph with the shape and contours of the LHO shirt that he did not wear until 1:00pm.

It just seems to me that we should know the fact of what he was wearing as this ripples through the events of that day and can be used to discount certain testimonies and theories that are at variance to this known fact.

Does the forum know if the REDDISH BROWN shirt with the BUTTON DOWN COLLAR and the grey pants are still held as evidence somewhere and could modern scientific forensics examine them for evidence of firearms?

I had read about LHO changing his clothes when he returned to the rooming house but I was unsure as to the 'consensus' (that word again) around his pre and post 1:00 pm attire.

This isn't a game in which ballots are cast to determine if a piece of evidence is or is not valid.   You must evaluate the information and the facts...

It is a fact that the FBI found a tuft of fibers on the butt plate of the rifle, and they swore that those fibers matched the shirt that Lee was wearing when he was dragged from the theater.....  They were implying that Lee had the carcano against his shoulder and fired the rifle at JFK......  OK, but they created a huge problem, because the shirt that Lee was wearing at the theater was NOT the shirt that he was wearing at the TSBD at the time JFK was murdered.   The ONLY time that the fresh tuff of fibers could have gotten on that carcanp butt plate was when both the arrest shirt and the rifle were in the hands of the Dallas police.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2021, 12:43:42 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2021, 12:56:34 AM »

The witness statements of the bus passenger Blesdoe and the taxi driver Whaley do not stand up as they both describe him wearing the shirt he was arrested in at the TT.

Indeed! Another issue raised is the bus transfer supposedly found in Mr Oswald's arrest shirt........... oops!

Some of the debate and analysis around the evidence for LHO being outside the TSBD as the motorcade drives by rely on photographs that compare the shirt worn by the figure in the photograph with the shape and contours of the LHO shirt that he did not wear until 1:00pm.

This was a major plank of those who claimed (erroneously) that the 'Man in the Doorway' in Altgens 6 is Mr Oswald. The Prayer Man claim, by contrast, does NOT need to put Mr Oswald in the arrest shirt at the time of the assassination.

Offline William Pilgrim

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2021, 01:24:30 AM »

This isn't a game in which ballots are cast to determine if a piece of evidence is or is not valid.   You must evaluate the information and the facts...

Was using consensus in terms of the collective judgement and knowledge of the forum around this specific matter, knowing that some of the members have a lot more knowledge and insight, was not asking for a vote. In the future I will be more circumspect, will go straight to bed without any supper, thank you.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2021, 01:24:30 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2021, 01:42:59 AM »
Was using consensus in terms of the collective judgement and knowledge of the forum around this specific matter, knowing that some of the members have a lot more knowledge and insight, was not asking for a vote. In the future I will be more circumspect, will go straight to bed without any supper, thank you.

I was simply trying to make the point that a person must look at the information and evidence available and make their own decisions .    I didn't know how much you knew about the shirt issue, so I was attempting to lay out the facts.   

If you go to bed without your supper, you may get a better nights sleep, than if you go to bed with a full belly.   I've learned a little in my many years...and one of the things I discovered in recent years is:.... If I go to bed  too soon after a big meal. I do not sleep well, and I have weird dreams..... like he government admitting that they have been lying to us for six decades about the murder of President Kennedy.     Weird, huh?....     

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2021, 02:05:46 AM »
Do we have a consensus view on what shirt LHO wore on the morning of the assassination?
What type and color was it?
Was it different from the one he wore when he was arrested at the TT? (As the claim is that he changed shirt when he went back to his rooming house in Oak Cliff)

4:45 – 6:30 P.M. Second Interrogation of Oswald, Captain Fritz’s Office

“When I left the Texas School Book Depository, I went to my room, where I changed my trousers, got a pistol, and went to a picture show. . . .

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2021, 02:05:46 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2021, 02:17:37 AM »
4:45 – 6:30 P.M. Second Interrogation of Oswald, Captain Fritz’s Office

“When I left the Texas School Book Depository, I went to my room, where I changed my trousers, got a pistol, and went to a picture show. . . .

Mr Chapman thinks this phoney Mae Brussell 'compilation' is evidence!  :D

Meanwhile, back in the real world--------------

(Bookhout report #2)

(Kelley report #1)