Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Bus Stop Farce  (Read 90954 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: The Bus Stop Farce
« Reply #800 on: December 24, 2020, 07:28:51 PM »
Advertisement
Not on channel 1, which is the channel dealing with the Tippit shooting.

According to the transcripts on McAdams' site there is. But on closer inspection that may refer to channel 2.

Having said that, the time stamps 1.18 and 1.19 seem to indicate that there was no traffic on channel 1 for a minute.

https://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/dpdtapes/tapes2.htm
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 07:31:43 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #800 on: December 24, 2020, 07:28:51 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #801 on: December 24, 2020, 07:30:34 PM »
According to the transcripts on McAdams' site there is. Nothing happens between 1.18 and 1.19 but the time stamp is there nevertheless

https://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/dpdtapes/tapes2.htm

Again, there is no 1:18 time stamp on channel 1, as I already told you.  A time stamp is given verbally by the dispatcher.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 07:31:21 PM by Bill Brown »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #802 on: December 24, 2020, 07:35:50 PM »
Again, there is no 1:18 time stamp on channel 1, as I already told you.  A time stamp is given verbally by the dispatcher.

I reconsidered my reply while you wrote your reply and have edited my post accordingly.

I am aware the time stamps are given verbally by the dispatcher. I also know that, according to Bowles, those verbal time stamps could be a minute or so of from what the dispatcher's clock said, depending on how busy the dispatcher was.

And I still maintain that Bowley did not make his call at 1.17, nor did Callaway make his at 1.19.

Let me ask you this; if Tippit was killed at 1.14, as Dale Myers estimates, do you really believe Bowley made his radio call three minutes after that and Callaway did the same 5 minutes after the shots?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 12:31:02 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #802 on: December 24, 2020, 07:35:50 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #803 on: December 25, 2020, 05:59:08 PM »
I reconsidered my reply while you wrote your reply and have edited my post accordingly.

I am aware the time stamps are given verbally by the dispatcher. I also know that, according to Bowles, those verbal time stamps could be a minute or so of from what the dispatcher's clock said, depending on how busy the dispatcher was.

And I still maintain that Bowley did not make his call at 1.17, nor did Callaway make his at 1.19.

Let me ask you this; if Tippit was killed at 1.14, as Dale Myers estimates, do you really believe Bowley made his radio call three minutes after that and Callaway did the same 5 minutes after the shots?

Benavides watched the gunman disappear around the corner of the Davis house and then sat in his truck "for a second or two" before getting out and going over to Tippit.  After looking over Tippit, he leans in the open driver-side door and grabs the police radio mic.  If you listen to the actual police tapes (versus what you get on the McAdams site) you can hear Benavides attempt to key the mic several times without getting through (he didn't work it correctly).  These sounds can be heard for a complete minute at 1:15.

At some point during all of this, Bowley arrives, looks over Tippit's body and then eventually grabs the mic from Benavides.

Point being, Bowley didn't get on the mic right away because it was under the control of Benavides.

The shooting takes place at 1:14.  Benavides begins keying the mic around 1:15-1:16.  Bowley finally grabs the mic from Benavides at 1:17.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #804 on: December 25, 2020, 06:03:45 PM »
If you begin with the 1:19 verbal timestamp and work backwards, Bowley's report on the police radio took place at 1:17:41.

Merry Christmas, Martin.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #804 on: December 25, 2020, 06:03:45 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #805 on: December 25, 2020, 06:59:57 PM »
Benavides watched the gunman disappear around the corner of the Davis house and then sat in his truck "for a second or two" before getting out and going over to Tippit.  After looking over Tippit, he leans in the open driver-side door and grabs the police radio mic.  If you listen to the actual police tapes (versus what you get on the McAdams site) you can hear Benavides attempt to key the mic several times without getting through (he didn't work it correctly).  These sounds can be heard for a complete minute at 1:15.

At some point during all of this, Bowley arrives, looks over Tippit's body and then eventually grabs the mic from Benavides.

Point being, Bowley didn't get on the mic right away because it was under the control of Benavides.

The shooting takes place at 1:14.  Benavides begins keying the mic around 1:15-1:16.  Bowley finally grabs the mic from Benavides at 1:17.

If you listen to the actual police tapes (versus what you get on the McAdams site)

Where can one obtain a copy of the complete recordings?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #806 on: December 25, 2020, 07:19:40 PM »

If this were true Helen Markham wouldn't have been there to witness the shooting.... She would have been boarding the bus at the corner of Jafferson and Patton at that time....   BUT Markham swore that she was standing on the corner of 10th at Patton and the time was 1:06 when she witnessed the shooting.

TF Bowley swore that he saw Tippit lying on the street when  got out of his car at 1:10 ....

If Tippit had been shot at 1:14 Bowley wouldn't have been at the scene because he would have passed by that are 8 minutes earlier.... And he might have witnessed Tippit's squad car cruising slowly along behind the man who was walking on the sidewalk along 10th street.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #806 on: December 25, 2020, 07:19:40 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #807 on: December 25, 2020, 07:30:30 PM »

Yes, that's the fairytale version. If this is what actually happened, you have to believe that Callaway (who arrived at the scene after Bowley had finished his radio call) needed four minutes, after the shots were fired, to get to 10th street. You have been there yourself and thus know the distance he needed to cover after his encounter with the killer on Patton, halfway between Jefferson and 10th street. There is no way that took him 4 minutes, unless he crawled of course.

The testimony of all three men tells a very different story. I'm not going to repeat it all here, but here's a link to my earlier post in which it is explained.

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php?topic=2759.680

All the events, prior to Callaway's arrival at the scene, happened within about 2 minutes after the shots.

The clock starts counting at the moment of the shots....

00:00:00      Tippit is killed

00:00:45      Benavides sees killer leave 10th street and gets out of his truck

00:01:00      Benavides tries to contact DPD dispatcher and fails

00:01:10      Callaway sees man with revolver run towards him on Patton

00:01:10      Bowley arrives on the scene (watch says 1:10)

00:01:20      Bowley takes over radio from Benavides and calls DPD dispatcher (the call lasts 46 seconds)

00:01:55      Callaway arrives on the scene

00:02:10      Callaway calls DPD dispatcher

The times are estimates.

Note; I gave Benavides 45 seconds after the shots to get out of his truck, when in fact the distance between Tippit's car and the corner of 10th/Patton only took 20 seconds to walk, which means the killer was out of Benavides' sight in less than half the time I gave him.

If you begin with the 1:19 verbal timestamp and work backwards, Bowley's report on the police radio took place at 1:17:41.

Merry Christmas, Martin.

I am aware of that, but it doesn't match the sequence of events as described by the witnesses.

Merry Christmas to you too, Bill
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 07:37:56 PM by Martin Weidmann »