Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Unseeing the Headshot  (Read 11928 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Unseeing the Headshot
« on: November 13, 2020, 11:58:38 AM »
Advertisement
I'm relatively new to all this. While many are up in the hills chasing the Mafia/Russians/Cuban exiles etc. I'm stuck in Dealey Plaza still trying to figure what happened. Apart from the fact JFK was assassinated there is only one other core certainty I've carried through this learning experience - the shot that caused JFK's head to explode and forced him 'back and to the left' was fired from somewhere in front of the limo. While working on "The First Shot" thread I came across something that I've been trying to "unsee" for a few weeks. It appears to be physical evidence that challenges my core belief the headshot came from the front. I'm hoping I've missed something obvious.

The disturbing Gif below appears to show an enormous flap of JFK's scalp hanging from his head. As JFK leans forward this pendulous mass of flesh appears to swing out in front of him. The flap is still attached to his head and the "hinge" for this flap appears to be slightly forward of his right ear.

My problem is this - if the shot that blew this large section of scalp out came from the front surely the "hinge" would be towards the back of his head with the flap hanging down his back?

Am I missing something obvious?

JFK Assassination Forum

Unseeing the Headshot
« on: November 13, 2020, 11:58:38 AM »

Offline Ross Lidell

Re: Unseeing the Headshot
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 06:00:40 AM »
I'm relatively new to all this. While many are up in the hills chasing the Mafia/Russians/Cuban exiles etc. I'm stuck in Dealey Plaza still trying to figure what happened. Apart from the fact JFK was assassinated there is only one other core certainty I've carried through this learning experience - the shot that caused JFK's head to explode and forced him 'back and to the left' was fired from somewhere in front of the limo. While working on "The First Shot" thread I came across something that I've been trying to "unsee" for a few weeks. It appears to be physical evidence that challenges my core belief the headshot came from the front. I'm hoping I've missed something obvious.

The disturbing Gif below appears to show an enormous flap of JFK's scalp hanging from his head. As JFK leans forward this pendulous mass of flesh appears to swing out in front of him. The flap is still attached to his head and the "hinge" for this flap appears to be slightly forward of his right ear.

My problem is this - if the shot that blew this large section of scalp out came from the front surely the "hinge" would be towards the back of his head with the flap hanging down his back?

Only that JFK conspiracy theorists don't want to know the truth!

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 08:11:40 AM »

Only that JFK conspiracy theorists don't want to know the truth!

Hi Ross,

I think this is going to be an uncomfortable issue for a lot of people, as it is for myself.

I don't know if I'm a genuine conspiracy theorist yet as I'm not proposing the Deep State/Mafia/Aliens etc. as the ultimate authors of the assassination, I'm still stuck in Dealey Plaza, but I'm convinced Oswald did not act alone. It is easily argued that those who believe LHO acted alone are the ones who don't want to know what the truth is. In fact, I would say it's the easiest argument to make.
A large problem, as I see it, is that a lot of JFK researchers seem to want to be "on the winning team". Once a decision has been made to which particular 'model' someone believes it seems you're not allowed to change your mind, your not allowed to concede even the smallest detail and when something comes along that really challenges your belief you must go into denial or become silent, wait for the danger to pass, then emerge again with your original ideas still in tact. It has nothing to do with finding the truth, I've hardly seen any of that on this forum, it's to do with winning your argument, no matter how crazy you end up sounding.

Due to his motion after impact I still believe JFK was hit from the front but I now find I'm in a very weak position to argue that case. The important thing is I've put myself in that position.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 08:11:40 AM »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 05:55:10 AM »
Hi Ross,

I think this is going to be an uncomfortable issue for a lot of people, as it is for myself.

I don't know if I'm a genuine conspiracy theorist yet as I'm not proposing the Deep State/Mafia/Aliens etc. as the ultimate authors of the assassination, I'm still stuck in Dealey Plaza, but I'm convinced Oswald did not act alone. It is easily argued that those who believe LHO acted alone are the ones who don't want to know what the truth is. In fact, I would say it's the easiest argument to make.
A large problem, as I see it, is that a lot of JFK researchers seem to want to be "on the winning team". Once a decision has been made to which particular 'model' someone believes it seems you're not allowed to change your mind, your not allowed to concede even the smallest detail and when something comes along that really challenges your belief you must go into denial or become silent, wait for the danger to pass, then emerge again with your original ideas still in tact. It has nothing to do with finding the truth, I've hardly seen any of that on this forum, it's to do with winning your argument, no matter how crazy you end up sounding.

Due to his motion after impact I still believe JFK was hit from the front but I now find I'm in a very weak position to argue that case. The important thing is I've put myself in that position.

That flap is from the right temple blow out caused by the frangible bullet exploding in JFK's head. That shot came from the knoll, where James Files claims he took the shot with a Fireball.

Right temple blow out:

« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 06:02:17 AM by Jack Trojan »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 07:52:24 AM »
That flap is from the right temple blow out caused by the frangible bullet exploding in JFK's head. That shot came from the knoll, where James Files claims he took the shot with a Fireball.

Right temple blow out:

If that's the case then how is the flap attached to the skull at the right temple?
Surely a blowout at the right temple would cause the flap to be attached towards the back of the skull.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 07:52:24 AM »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2020, 05:47:34 PM »
If that's the case then how is the flap attached to the skull at the right temple?
Surely a blowout at the right temple would cause the flap to be attached towards the back of the skull.

No. The blast force from the frangible bullet was toward the shooter (knoll) and the flap could hinge anywhere on the perfectly circular blow out. Otherwise, there is no trajectory from the SN into the back of JFK's head and out the right temple.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 06:28:19 PM by Jack Trojan »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2020, 08:36:28 PM »
No. The blast force from the frangible bullet was toward the shooter (knoll) and the flap could hinge anywhere on the perfectly circular blow out.

I'd really like to believe something along these lines. Do you have any evidence to back this assertion?

Otherwise, there is no trajectory from the SN into the back of JFK's head and out the right temple.

I don't really want to get bogged down with SN. I just want to understand how a shot from the front can cause the kind of damage I'm highlighting.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2020, 08:36:28 PM »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2020, 08:55:17 PM »
I'd really like to believe something along these lines. Do you have any evidence to back this assertion?

If a frangible bullet explodes in your head it will blow out the entrance wound because the skull is already compromised there. I would be interested to see photos of the flap for any sign of a bullet hole (entrance or exit). Why did they play down this skull flap anyway? Is there even a reference to it in the WCR?

I don't really want to get bogged down with SN. I just want to understand how a shot from the front can cause the kind of damage I'm highlighting.

My point was that there was no trajectory from Oswald to JFK that blows out JFK's right temple unless Oswald used FMJ frangible ammo, which didn't exist.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 09:03:57 PM by Jack Trojan »