Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Getting inside Oswalds mind - his library books  (Read 9601 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Getting inside Oswalds mind - his library books
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2020, 05:48:35 PM »
Advertisement
I am convinced that the Earth revolves around the Sun.
So there's one thing, i.e. , anything.

He was a fan of " The Fugitive ".
Which premiered on..Sept 17th, 1963.
When did Lee Oswald speak to his brother about this "fandom"?
Is there any record of the brothers even speaking between Septb17th and Nov 21st? Please provide a link. Citations. Thx.
Otherwise, this is just Robert Oswald being a fabulist.

Why do you think that it is necessary for LHO to speak of this directly to his brother? The most probable likelihood is that Marina told Robert. LHO did watch TV with Marina at Ruth Paine’s house on the weekends. And it would be likely that they spoke with each other about one of the most popular shows that came on during the week (The Fugitive). LHO would have liked telling Marina that Kimble was accused of murdering his wife. If only to make her wonder if LHO was capable of murdering her. He reportedly beat her and threatened to send her back to Russia. I can see him grinning devilishly as he tells her about Kimble’s alledged crime.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2020, 05:48:35 PM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2020, 06:03:08 PM »
Why do you think that it is necessary for LHO to speak of this directly to his brother? The most probable likelihood is that Marina told Robert. LHO did watch TV with Marina at Ruth Paine’s house on the weekends. And it would be likely that they spoke with each other about one of the most popular shows that came on during the week (The Fugitive). LHO would have liked telling Marina that Kimble was accused of murdering his wife. If only to make her wonder if LHO was capable of murdering her. He reportedly beat her and threatened to send her back to Russia. I can see him grinning devilishly as he tells her about Kimble’s alledged crime.
What color is the sky in your world of speculation?
What of the above can you actually prove?

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2020, 06:26:03 PM »
What color is the sky in your world of speculation?
What of the above can you actually prove?

This thread is supposed to be about getting inside the head of LHO. Any such endeavor is going to be full of speculation. I demonstrating that your apparent logic (that LHO directly telling his brother that The Fugitive was one of his favorite shows was necessary) is false. And that there are other ways that Robert could have learned this.

Demanding proof of everything that you don’t agree with is simply not applicable to this thread. If you don’t want to entertain the notion that some speculation might be correct, then you might want to disregard this thread.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2020, 06:26:03 PM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2020, 07:24:13 PM »
Oswald had no library books at either of his residences (North Beckley or Irving) when he is alleged to have assassinated JFK. Considering he was such an avid reader, isn't this unusual and evidence he was perhaps planning something and so he knew he would not be able to return those books?

The only outstanding book he had was a book (The Shark And The Sardines) which he was supposed to have returned by Nov 13th but never did. Crucially, he had no book due on say Nov 23rd, Nov 24th, Nov 25th, Nov 26, Nov 27th etc.

Is this circumstantial evidence that Oswald perhaps afterall was up to something in mid to late November whereby he knew he would not be able to return any books should he take them out. Perhaps even planning to assassinate JFK?

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2020, 08:47:46 PM »
This thread is supposed to be about getting inside the head of LHO. Any such endeavor is going to be full of speculation. I demonstrating that your apparent logic (that LHO directly telling his brother that The Fugitive was one of his favorite shows was necessary) is false. And that there are other ways that Robert could have learned this.

Demanding proof of everything that you don’t agree with is simply not applicable to this thread. If you don’t want to entertain the notion that some speculation might be correct, then you might want to disregard this thread.
Are you familiar with "the shark sardine " book. If he read it, it would certainly influence Oswald.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2020, 08:47:46 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2020, 08:48:27 PM »
Oswald had no library books at either of his residences (North Beckley or Irving) when he is alleged to have assassinated JFK. Considering he was such an avid reader, isn't this unusual and evidence he was perhaps planning something and so he knew he would not be able to return those books?

The only outstanding book he had was a book (The Shark And The Sardines) which he was supposed to have returned by Nov 13th but never did. Crucially, he had no book due on say Nov 23rd, Nov 24th, Nov 25th, Nov 26, Nov 27th etc.

Is this circumstantial evidence that Oswald perhaps afterall was up to something in mid to late November whereby he knew he would not be able to return any books should he take them out. Perhaps even planning to assassinate JFK?

In my opinion, he intentionally used the book The Shark And The Sardines as a subliminal indication of (at least part of) his motive. It was the only book that we know of that he didn’t return. And it hits right at the heart of LHO’s belief that Cuba and his hero Castro were being treated unfairly by the United States. His infamous communist fist salute was another similar indication. He wasn’t ready to confess, at least until he acquired an attorney to represent him. His brother Robert believes that LHO would have confessed eventually. I tend to agree with Robert Oswald on that.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2020, 08:50:47 PM »
Are you familiar with "the shark sardine " book. If he read it, it would certainly influence Oswald.

LOL, we must have been typing our replies at the same time. Yes, I have read every word of that book. And I agree that it would have influenced LHO. See my above response also.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2020, 08:50:47 PM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2020, 10:50:01 PM »
LOL, we must have been typing our replies at the same time. Yes, I have read every word of that book. And I agree that it would have influenced LHO. See my above response also.
Notice I said..if he read it.
Oswald's " leftism" always seems like poor playacting, with an irregular collection of props.