Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Infamy = Glory??  (Read 6701 times)

Online Charles Collins

Infamy = Glory??
« on: September 22, 2020, 04:57:43 PM »
Advertisement
I am of the opinion that LHO acted alone and assassinated JFK for reasons that apparently only he knew (for certain). Your mileage may vary.

Here is an article that I find interesting:

https://apple.news/Ac728Ls6KQrWpg79xUeivTg

MC apparently still believes, 40-years after he assassinated John Lennon, that infamy equals glory. And he states that that is why he did it.

My opinion is that LHO also had similar thoughts. But that he was also motivated to help Castro and his regime. At any rate, the article appears to support the concept of some misguided soul seeking glory as a motive for murder.

JFK Assassination Forum

Infamy = Glory??
« on: September 22, 2020, 04:57:43 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Infamy = Glory??
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 05:08:02 PM »
I am of the opinion that LHO acted alone and assassinated JFK for reasons that apparently only he knew (for certain). Your mileage may vary.

Here is an article that I find interesting:

https://apple.news/Ac728Ls6KQrWpg79xUeivTg

MC apparently still believes, 40-years after he assassinated John Lennon, that infamy equals glory. And he states that that is why he did it.

My opinion is that LHO also had similar thoughts. But that he was also motivated to help Castro and his regime. At any rate, the article appears to support the concept of some misguided soul seeking glory as a motive for murder.

Lee Harvey Nobody didn't like his name, so he changed it to Lee Harvey Somebody.

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 03:54:43 PM »
Lee Harvey Nobody didn't like his name, so he changed it to Lee Harvey Somebody.

And everybody gets the Lee Harvey they deserve+

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 03:54:43 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 09:26:57 PM »
Mark David Chapman (related to Bill?) never denied doing it.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 09:47:05 PM »
Mark David Chapman (related to Bill?) never denied doing it.

Quote from Wikipedia:

“As Lennon walked into the building's archway with his wife Yoko Ono, Chapman fired five shots at Lennon from several meters away with a .38 Special revolver. ... Chapman remained at the scene reading J. D. Salinger's novel The Catcher in the Rye until he was arrested by police.”

Good point. However, if MDC had had an opportunity (like the one that apparently fell into LHO’s lap) to conceal himself and fire a rifle from a distance, would he have been more likely to try an escape and, if the escape was successful, then deny it if caught later?

LHO was escaping from his aunt’s house at night when others were asleep when he was very young. His flight after the JFK assassination was a challenge to his Houdini skills.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 09:47:05 PM »

Offline Joffrey van de Wiel

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 09:59:35 PM »
Chapman was examined by a dozen or so psychiatrists and psychologists and was diagnosed as psychotic, suffering from paranoid schizophrenia and manic depression, with severe personality disorders. He had the habit of staring at TVs broadcasting the 'snow' or whatever it is called that appears in between channels or after regular programing ends.

His explanation for killing Lennon was to promote the reading of The Catcher in the Rye.

I don't think Oswald was as deranged or delusional as Chapman.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 10:24:28 PM »
Good point. However, if MDC had had an opportunity (like the one that apparently fell into LHO’s lap) to conceal himself and fire a rifle from a distance, would he have been more likely to try an escape and, if the escape was successful, then deny it if caught later?

No reason to think so.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 10:24:28 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 09:10:42 PM »
No reason to think so.

Yep, it appears that MDC wanted to be caught for his infamy and perceived glory. His motive was simply that.

On the other hand, it appears that LHO had more than infamy as motive. Political ideology and revolution were apparently his main goals.