Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The tale of two shirts  (Read 2706 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

The tale of two shirts
« on: September 13, 2020, 11:15:44 PM »
Advertisement
The FBI reported that the "tuft of fibers" that they found on the butt plate pf the Mannlicher Carcano matched the shirt that Lee was wearing at the time he was dragged from the Texas theater.   And they inferred that it was evidence that the tuft of "fresh" fibers were caught on the butt of the rifle when Lee had the Carcano against his shoulder as he fired the rifle and murdered President Kennedy.   

The problem with their story is:.... Lee was NOT wearing the arest shirt at the time that JFK was murdered!    He went to his room at 1926 N. Beckley and removed the soiled shirt that he was wearing at the TSBD that morning and donned the shirt that he was wearing when he was dragged from the Theater by the conspirators.

JFK Assassination Forum

The tale of two shirts
« on: September 13, 2020, 11:15:44 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: The tale of two shirts
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 01:30:48 AM »
The FBI reported that the "tuft of fibers" that they found on the butt plate pf the Mannlicher Carcano matched the shirt that Lee was wearing at the time he was dragged from the Texas theater.   And they inferred that it was evidence that the tuft of "fresh" fibers were caught on the butt of the rifle when Lee had the Carcano against his shoulder as he fired the rifle and murdered President Kennedy.   

The problem with their story is:.... Lee was NOT wearing the arest shirt at the time that JFK was murdered!    He went to his room at 1926 N. Beckley and removed the soiled shirt that he was wearing at the TSBD that morning and donned the shirt that he was wearing when he was dragged from the Theater by the conspirators.

My recent topic title 'A Tale of Two Shirts' was inspired by the title of a book called 'A Tale of Two Cities'

Your topic title 'The Tale of Two Shirts' would better serve the forum by renaming it, due to my prior Lovelady-based content, by something like 'Another Tale of Two Shirts'

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 02:25:56 AM »
oswald Is supposed to have changed  the darker blue jacket for a light gray jacket ( which became the “white jacket found under a car”)

There  be some kind of logical reason for the shooter to change appearance If having concern of any witness to the shooter while in the 6th floor window

However, selecting a shirt of virtually identical color and textural pattern to a shirt worn during the shooting and or seen by Baker/Truly just 90 sec post shots, seems inconsistent, (imo)

If Not the shooter, however, the act of changing jacket and shirt is now more a function of changing work clothes for fresher, thus the inconsistency of not selecting distinctly different shirt is insignificant.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 02:25:56 AM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 03:19:11 AM »
The FBI reported that the "tuft of fibers" that they found on the butt plate pf the Mannlicher Carcano matched the shirt that Lee was wearing at the time he was dragged from the Texas theater.

This was one of the weaker points in the Warren Report. The tuft of fibers could have been there for weeks.

A question the Warren Commission never answered is how come there was no blanket fibers on the rifle. Afterall, it was supposedly wrapped, with a tight string, for weeks before the Thursday night. No blanket fibers means Oswald didn't necessarily get it the night before from the blanket, which supports the idea the 27 inch package Oswald carried in to work on the Friday morning did not contain the rifle.

The rifle should have been covered in blanket fibers.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 03:40:56 AM »
This one puzzled me.....
  About 3 hours after the assassination, a detective and deputy sheriff saw the blanket-roll, tied with a string, lying on the floor of the Paines' garage. Each man testified that he thought he could detect the outline of a rifle in the blanket, even though the blanket was empty.113 Paul M. Stombaugh, of the FBI Laboratory, examined the blanket and discovered a bulge approximately 10 inches long midway in the blanket. This bulge was apparently caused by a hard protruding.....
p 128 https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/warren-commission-report/chapter-4.html#fibers
Why would someone remove a supposed rifle from said blanket and then leave or re-tie the blanket with said string...carefully  leaving said protrusions intact?  :D Laughable

My recent topic title 'A Tale of Two Shirts' was inspired by the title of a book called 'A Tale of Two Cities'
  I doubt that Chapman ever read "A Tale of Two Cities". However, Charles Dickens could have probably written the Warren Report and done a much better job. 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 03:43:30 AM by Jerry Freeman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 03:40:56 AM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 04:06:21 AM »
Why would someone remove a supposed rifle from said blanket and then leave or re-tie the blanket with said string...carefully  leaving said protrusions intact?

The Warren Report:

About 3 hours after the assassination, a detective and deputy sheriff
saw the blanket-roll, tied with a string, lying on the floor of the Paines'
garage. Each man testified that he thought he could detect the outline
of a rifle in the blanket, even though the blanket was empty.
Paul M. Stombaugh, of the FBI Laboratory, examined the blanket
and discovered a bulge approximately 10 inches long midway in the
blanket.

This is suspect. Ruth Paine stood on the blanket (itself an oddity that was never explained) when Marina pointed to it so any bulge should have been flattened. There was no time to see any bulge.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 07:29:39 AM »
This one puzzled me..... p 128 https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/warren-commission-report/chapter-4.html#fibers
Why would someone remove a supposed rifle from said blanket and then leave or re-tie the blanket with said string...carefully  leaving said protrusions intact?  :D Laughable

I doubt that Chapman ever read "A Tale of Two Cities". However, Charles Dickens could have probably written the Warren Report and done a much better job.

:D

Where did I say I read 'A Tale of Two Cities?'. And what has that to do with my post other than the book title was what inspired my title?

« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 08:01:48 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 07:29:39 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 08:03:59 AM »
This was one of the weaker points in the Warren Report. The tuft of fibers could have been there for weeks.

A question the Warren Commission never answered is how come there was no blanket fibers on the rifle. Afterall, it was supposedly wrapped, with a tight string, for weeks before the Thursday night. No blanket fibers means Oswald didn't necessarily get it the night before from the blanket, which supports the idea the 27 inch package Oswald carried in to work on the Friday morning did not contain the rifle.

The blanket was threadbare.