Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Power cut important clarification required  (Read 31979 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: Power cut important clarification required
« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2018, 10:05:55 PM »
Advertisement
Ray, watch the following video up to the 1:20 mark and you'll get what I believe is a good visual explanation as to why the elevator failed to work for Officer Mooney.

That's a good video and explains the intricacies of operating the doors on the Elevator, I guarantee that without previous knowledge that 0% of the CT's here would be able to operate the Elevator in your video and I bet that 100% of LNers would figure it out because that's what we do!

JohnM

« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 10:11:23 PM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2018, 10:05:55 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2018, 10:38:37 PM »
LNers usually just automatically believe anything a cop says in this case.  Unless the cop says something that goes against their little fantasy bubble.  Then the cop gets thrown right under the bus.  Too stupid to figure out how to close a gate, but he suddenly got a lot smarter when it came to remembering where the empty shells were located.

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2018, 11:09:38 PM »

That's a good video and explains the intricacies of operating the doors on the Elevator, I guarantee that without previous knowledge that 0% of the CT's here would be able to operate the Elevator in your video and I bet that 100% of LNers would figure it out because that's what we do!
JohnM

Fortunately for me, I never had to figure it out on my own. It was explained to me the first time I ever got on a freight elevator and before the button was even pressed.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2018, 11:09:38 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2018, 11:11:08 PM »
Are you now claiming that the elevator design in the TSBD was not unique to the TSBD?

Tom, I don't know if the elevator design in the TSBD was unique to the TSBD or not. I doubt that it was though.

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2018, 03:31:24 AM »
Which leads to the reasonable assumption that this was a generic freight elevator design back in the day.

Can you provide any evidence that Mooney had not operated a freight elevator prior to Nov 22, 1963, making him unaware of that gate detail?

Can you provide any evidence that Mooney had operated a freight elevator prior to Nov 22, 1963, making him aware of that gate detail?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2018, 03:31:24 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2018, 04:12:20 PM »
LNers usually just automatically believe anything a cop says in this case.  Unless the cop says something that goes against their little fantasy bubble.  Then the cop gets thrown right under the bus.  Too stupid to figure out how to close a gate, but he suddenly got a lot smarter when it came to remembering where the empty shells were located.

This from the cop hater who believes Oswald's rights were violated in the Texas Theatre.  And that practically every cop in this case who provided any evidence lied to implicate Oswald. The hypocrisy is shocking even from an individual with a history of outlandish dishonesty.  No one is throwing Mooney under the bus or claiming he was stupid (strawman anyone?).  He honestly but erroneously thought the power had gone out because he couldn't get the elevator to operate.  The totality of evidence, however, suggests these elevators were working fine in the aftermath of the assassination.  There are several examples including Mooney himself taking the elevator from the first to second floor.  What nuts like yourself are implying is that some unknown person (maybe one of those conspirators you always deny you are suggesting?) was in the building turning the power off to this elevator at that moment.  There is zero evidence of the presence any such person.  There is zero reason for anyone - conspirator or otherwise - to turn the power off to this elevator.  It is baseless and absurd and countered by the evidence of these elevators otherwise working just fine.  Does that satisfy your subjective, impossible standard of proof on the topic?  Of course not.  You are a nut.  But it is a reasonable explanation as supported by the facts and circumstances.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2018, 05:45:11 PM »
I have merely provided a logical alternative to that claim based on the totality of circumstances and evidence.

Making up a kooky claim that people (including someone who works in the building) don't know how elevators work is hardly logical.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2018, 05:45:11 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2018, 05:51:41 PM »
This from the cop hater who believes Oswald's rights were violated in the Texas Theatre.

The strawmen never end with you.  I don't hate cops.  And his rights were violated.  They had no probable cause to even search him.

And that practically every cop in this case who provided any evidence lied to implicate Oswald.

Strawman.

The hypocrisy is shocking even from an individual with a history of outlandish dishonesty.

False.

No one is throwing Mooney under the bus or claiming he was stupid (strawman anyone?).  He honestly but erroneously thought the power had gone out because he couldn't get the elevator to operate.

You don't know that.  You just made it up.

The totality of evidence, however, suggests these elevators were working fine in the aftermath of the assassination.

Not at the time Mooney tried to leave the second floor.

There are several examples including Mooney himself taking the elevator from the first to second floor.

So what?  If they were ever running then they were always running?  More "logic"?

Calling people "nuts" for calling out your twisted logic doesn't prove your unfounded opinions.  Try evidence.