Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Power cut important clarification required  (Read 31987 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Power cut important clarification required
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 05:59:45 PM »
Advertisement
No conspiracy theory ever dies or even fades away.  It just waits around to be revived again and again.  There is no credible evidence of any power cut at the TSBD.  Nor is there is any reasonable explanation for why any conspirator would cut the power or phones for a few seconds.  If the purpose was to keep the police from using the elevator, that would also preclude any assassin from using it to escape the building.  Instead it places both the police and assassin on the stairs.  And how exactly would such an event be coordinated?  It is preposterous.  No reason to reiterate all the prior discussions but it's clear that Hine is referring to the fact that there were no incoming calls at the time the motorcade approached which allowed her to go to the window to take a look.  Her use of the phrase "the lights all went dead" is used in conjunction with the phone which was her responsibility to answer.  She is simply saying there were no incoming calls at that moment which allowed her an opportunity to take a peak at the motorcade.  Photos also confirm the Hertz sign atop the building was functional at 12:30 moments after the assassination.  So there was power on in the building.

Mr. BALL. Did you stay at your desk?
Miss HINE. Yes, sir: I was alone until the lights all went out and the phones became dead because the motorcade was coming near us and no one was calling so I got up and thought I could see it from the east window in our office.

Why would a motorcade going by a building cause incoming calls to stop?

Luke Mooney - It was a push button affair the best I can remember. got hold of the controls and it worked. We started up and got to the second. I was going to let them off and go on up. And when we got there, the power undoubtedly cut off, because we had no more power on the elevator.

Victoria Adams - Following that, I pushed the button for the passenger elevator, but the power had been cut off on the elevator, so I took the stairs to the second floor.

Let me guess....they were both "mistaken".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 05:59:45 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 07:16:55 PM »
Why would a motorcade going by a building cause incoming calls to stop?

Luke Mooney - It was a push button affair the best I can remember. got hold of the controls and it worked. We started up and got to the second. I was going to let them off and go on up. And when we got there, the power undoubtedly cut off, because we had no more power on the elevator.

Victoria Adams - Following that, I pushed the button for the passenger elevator, but the power had been cut off on the elevator, so I took the stairs to the second floor.

Let me guess....they were both "mistaken".

Why would it cause the power to go out?  My guess it that what she means is that because the motorcade was approaching that most people were out on the streets and not making calls.  We have gone through the elevator nonsense before.  There were DPD members who took the front elevator at the same time and it was operational.  You are also mixing apples and oranges relying on Hine for a power outage at the time of the assassination and then citing an elevator ride that takes places later.  Do you believe the power was out for that entire time and no one else noticed?  And the Hertz sign was operational - so there is no doubt that there was power in the building.  And again why would your fantasy conspirators - the ones you always deny you are alleging - cut the power for a few seconds or minutes?  And how do they coordinate this with ongoing events to their advantage?

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 07:28:49 PM »
Why would it cause the power to go out?  My guess it that what she means is that because the motorcade was approaching that most people were out on the streets and not making calls.  We have gone through the elevator nonsense before.  There were DPD members who took the front elevator at the same time and it was operational.  You are also mixing apples and oranges relying on Hine for a power outage at the time of the assassination and then citing an elevator ride that takes places later.  Do you believe the power was out for that entire time and no one else noticed?  And the Hertz sign was operational - so there is no doubt that there was power in the building.  And again why would your fantasy conspirators - the ones you always deny you are alleging - cut the power for a few seconds or minutes?  And how do they coordinate this with ongoing events to their advantage?

Whether it was the time period of the JFK Motorcade approaching/passing the TSBD, or during the time period that Baker & Truly were going Up the Back Stairway, Specifically which, "DPD Members took the Front Elevator at The Same Time" ????

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 07:28:49 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 07:55:48 PM »
Why would it cause the power to go out?  My guess it that what she means is that because the motorcade was approaching that most people were out on the streets and not making calls.

This doesn't even make any sense.  Do you think that all the people who would make a business call to the Texas School Book Depository would be people in Dallas?

We have gone through the elevator nonsense before.  There were DPD members who took the front elevator at the same time and it was operational.  You are also mixing apples and oranges relying on Hine for a power outage at the time of the assassination and then citing an elevator ride that takes places later.  Do you believe the power was out for that entire time and no one else noticed?  And the Hertz sign was operational - so there is no doubt that there was power in the building.  And again why would your fantasy conspirators - the ones you always deny you are alleging - cut the power for a few seconds or minutes?  And how do they coordinate this with ongoing events to their advantage?

The only one who ever invokes these "fantasy conspirators" is you.  I'm pointing out that multiple people reported that there was a power outage, that's all.  You claimed that there is no credible evidence of it.  But when you say "credible" you mean agrees with your subjective opinion.

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 08:50:08 PM »
No conspiracy theory ever dies or even fades away.  It just waits around to be revived again and again.  There is no credible evidence of any power cut at the TSBD.  Nor is there is any reasonable explanation for why any conspirator would cut the power or phones for a few seconds.  If the purpose was to keep the police from using the elevator, that would also preclude any assassin from using it to escape the building.  Instead it places both the police and assassin on the stairs.  And how exactly would such an event be coordinated?  It is preposterous.  No reason to reiterate all the prior discussions but it's clear that Hine is referring to the fact that there were no incoming calls at the time the motorcade approached which allowed her to go to the window to take a look.  Her use of the phrase "the lights all went dead" is used in conjunction with the phone which was her responsibility to answer.  She is simply saying there were no incoming calls at that moment which allowed her an opportunity to take a peak at the motorcade.  Photos also confirm the Hertz sign atop the building was functional at 12:30 moments after the assassination.  So there was power on in the building.

Mr. BALL. Did you stay at your desk?
Miss HINE. Yes, sir: I was alone until the lights all went out and the phones became dead because the motorcade was coming near us and no one was calling so I got up and thought I could see it from the east window in our office.

Later in her testimony Hine said that right after hearing the shots - which she said sounded like they came from within the building - she left her office and tried to contact people working in the other offices. She knocked on one office but the person inside was on the phone and couldn't hear her.

Miss HINE. And there was a girl in there talking on the telephone and I could hear her but she didn't answer the door.
Mr. BALL. Was the door locked?
Miss HINE. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. That was which company?
Miss HINE. Southwestern Publishing Co.
Mr. BALL. Did you call to her?
Miss HINE. I called and called and shook the door and she didn't answer me because she was talking on the telephone; I could hear her. They have a little curtain up and I could see her form through the curtains. I could see her talking and I knew that's what she was doing and then I turned and went through the back hall and came through the back door.

It seems to me that she was simply saying that no calls were being made - either in or out by customers or workers - at the time the motorcade approached not that the power was off. That's why the lights of calls on her phone went dark. So she took that opportunity to go watch the motorcade. But people - or more accurately one person - in the other offices was still using the phone.

Her full testimony is here: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/hine.htm
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 09:20:38 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 08:50:08 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2018, 09:33:28 PM »
Later in her testimony Hine said that right after hearing the shots - which she said sounded like they came from within the building - she left her office and tried to contact people working in the other offices. She knocked on one office but the person inside was on the phone and couldn't hear her.

Miss HINE. And there was a girl in there talking on the telephone and I could hear her but she didn't answer the door.
Mr. BALL. Was the door locked?
Miss HINE. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. That was which company?
Miss HINE. Southwestern Publishing Co.
Mr. BALL. Did you call to her?
Miss HINE. I called and called and shook the door and she didn't answer me because she was talking on the telephone; I could hear her. They have a little curtain up and I could see her form through the curtains. I could see her talking and I knew that's what she was doing and then I turned and went through the back hall and came through the back door.

It seems to me that she was simply saying that no calls were being made at the time the motorcade approached not that the power was off. That's why the lights of calls on her phone went dark. But people - or at least one person - in the other offices was still using her phone.

As I was reading though this thread I came to the same conclusion that the people within the building had left their phones and went to the windows and watched the Motorcade but as Iacoletti says, calls would still be coming in from people who would have no idea what was happening at the Depository at that point in time?

JohnM

« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 11:35:26 PM by John Mytton »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 10:14:59 PM »
I guess the question is, did the lights on Hine's phone indicate incoming calls or just lines in use?  And what lights were the ones that all went out?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 10:18:28 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 10:14:59 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2018, 10:24:58 PM »
I guess the question is, did the lights on Hine's phone indicate incoming calls or just lines in use?  And what lights were the ones that all went out?

By the sounds of it, their telephone system was just a phone.

Mr. BALL. Did you have to change your desk over to another desk?
Miss HINE. Yes, sir; to the middle desk on the front row.
Mr. BALL. Was there a switchboard?
Miss HINE. No, sir; we have a telephone with three incoming lines, then we have the warehouse line and we have an intercom system.

Not the actual phone.

Also Miss Hines tells us manning/womanning the phones wasn't her job but she did do the phones in the other building.

Mr. BALL. You were just aware of the fact?
Miss HINE. Yes; I knew it and the girls were discussing it in the office that morning. Many of them, probably six, had not seen the President close. You see, I had seen him on two different occasions and I had been very close to him and so they were lamenting that they couldn't go out so I spoke up and said "I will be glad to answer the telephone so you girls may go out and see the motorcade" and I bad previously answered the telephone when we were in the other building before we moved in this building, so they were delighted and I thought nothing about it.

But she goes on to say that the first building had a switchboard, meaning she may not have no been so familiar with what was going on.

Mr. BALL. You don't have a switchboard?
Miss HINE. Not now; we did in the other building.

JohnM
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 11:51:26 PM by John Mytton »