Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory - Part 2  (Read 304200 times)

Offline Rick Plant

Re: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory - Part 2
« Reply #5768 on: August 22, 2022, 10:08:09 AM »
Advertisement
The radical violent right known as MAGA, which is Trump's Republican Party, are calling to abolish the FBI.

Others in their political cult, are calling for violence against our law enforcement agencies like this nut, Luis Miguel.

Republican candidates and lawmakers are putting targets on the backs of our law enforcement with tweets like this. 

If you have a family member or friend in law enforcement, this violent rhetoric by the radical right puts them in great danger.

And Republican leaders have not come out to condemn Republican candidates and lawmakers for their violent rhetoric against law enforcement and calling to abolish our top law enforcement agencies. Their silence must mean they agree with it as well. 

Republicans defended the insurrectionists, so it's no surprise that they wouldn't condemn Luis Miguel either.

This is today's GOP.         

Twitter bans Florida Republican for encouraging the killing of federal agents

Luis Miguel is campaigning in the GOP primary for a seat in Florida’s state legislature

Twitter has banned a Florida Republican candidate from the platform after a tweet that encouraged the killing of federal agents, as reported by Florida Politics on Friday.

Luis Miguel is campaigning in the Republican primary to represent Florida’s 20th district in the state House of Representatives. Twitter did not immediately respond to a request for comment on its justification for the ban.

Miguel’s threat comes amid intense GOP hostility toward the FBI and IRS, spurred by the federal raid on Mar-a-Lago and Congress’ recent move to increase tax enforcement. But Miguel’s tweet went beyond criticisms of the agencies, calling for armed violence against their employees.

“Under my plan, all Floridians will be able to shoot FBI, IRS, ATF, and all other federal troops ON SIGHT,” the message read. “Let freedom ring.”

Florida Politics found the same statement posted to Miguel’s Facebook and Instagram pages, although the posts have since been removed and his profiles remain active. Facebook and Instagram did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Platforms have been under particular pressure to moderate anti-government threats in the wake of an armed gunman’s attack on the Cincinnati office of the FBI. The gunman, who was killed by police after a standoff, had made extensive threats against the agency on Trump’s Truth Social network.

On the same day as Miguel’s ban, members of Congress requested information from Twitter, Facebook, and other platforms on their work countering the ongoing threats against law enforcement. Among other questions, the lawmakers asked how many such threats had been detected on the platforms and how many of those threats were subsequently removed.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/8/19/23313161/luis-miguel-florida-republican-twitter-ban-threats-fbi-irs-incitement

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #5768 on: August 22, 2022, 10:08:09 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5769 on: August 22, 2022, 10:17:50 AM »
Trump should be 'convicted and serve the longest sentence' for insurrection: daughter of Capitol rioter

One family is livid at former President Donald Trump after the patriarch was convicted of obstruction, entering with a firearm, obstructing officers and transporting a firearm in furtherance of civil disorder for the Jan. 6 attack and was sentenced to seven years in prison.

"For Peyton Reffitt, 18, what began as debates around the dinner table ended with her family falling apart and her father receiving the longest jail sentence yet for his involvement in the Trump-inspired Capitol riot," Business Insider reported. "Peyton said her family's disintegration started as angry shouting matches between father and children and was completed when her brother, Jackson Reffitt, then 18 years old, turned his father in to the FBI."

Her brother testified against their dad at trial.

"We are an example of how the modern American family is becoming more fragile as the political climate rises," Peyton told Insider. "There is not enough protecting American families from the effect of propaganda and misinformation."

She argued Trump should receive a longer sentence than her father.

"The former President Trump is not entirely responsible for my father's actions that day on January 6. However, in my opinion, I believe he used orchestrated language that uses subliminal projection, leading up to and the day of, that in a real way bypasses his supporters' rational thought and appeals to their deeper emotions," she said. "I think it would only be just for former President Trump to be convicted and serve the longest sentence about the events that occurred on January 6, 2021."

Earlier this month, her brother voiced a similar sentiment in a CNN interview with Brianna Keilar.

"My dad was used as a puppet, and thousands of families have been," he continued. "Whether you agree with that, it's a fact at this point. It is disgusting to see that someone with practically money and social power can just get away with manipulating thousands of people just for whatever reason and have no outcome."

https://www.rawstory.com/reffitt/

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5770 on: August 22, 2022, 10:28:47 AM »
Tudor Dixon opposes abortion for rape victims because there’s ‘healing through the baby’

Michigan Republican gubernatorial nominee reaffirms abortion stance after criticizing earlier portrayal

Despite complaining that Democratic attack ad had taken her comments on abortion out of context, Republican gubernatorial nominee Tudor Dixon seemed to confirm the ad’s point in a recent TV interview.

The ad by Put Michigan First, a group allied with the Democratic Governors Association, criticized Dixon’s stance on abortion as extreme, noting her support for a total ban on the procedure except in cases where the life of the mother was at stake.

In making that case, the ad featured a clip from a July interview with Detroit podcaster Charlie LeDuff in which he asked Dixon if a 14-year-old raped by her uncle should be forced to have the baby.

“Perfect example,” replied Dixon.

She later slammed the ad as distorting her position, saying it was taken out of context as part of her argument that eliminating parental consent abortion laws would make it harder to catch abusers.

However, when asked by FOX-2’s Roop Raj in an interview Friday about that comment, offering her a chance to clarify whether a 14-year-old rape victim should be allowed to get an abortion, Dixon again said she would oppose that.

“I’ve talked to those people who were the child of a rape victim and the bond that those two people made,” Dixon said. “And the fact that out of that tragedy, there was healing through that baby. It’s something that we don’t think about because we assume that that story is someone who was taken from the front yard then returned. That’s generally not the story there. And those voices, the babies of rape victims that have come forward, are very powerful when you hear their story and what the truth is behind that. It’s very hard to not stand up for those people.”

The interview went viral on social media and has been reported on by national media.

MAGA nominee for MI Governor Tudor Dixon is asked why she is against a 14 year-old rape victim being allowed to get an abortion. She says the bond that rape victims will have with their babies will help them heal.

Watch interview here: https://twitter.com/i/status/1560766117483876352

“A 14 year old is a CHILD. A CHILD should not be forced to carry A CHILD from RAPE. Why do children’s lives – their future, hopes, dreams, aspirations – not matter!?” state Sen. Mallory McMorrow (D-Royal Oak) wrote on Twitter.

Dixon also reiterated her position that the only exception for abortion is if the life of the mother were in danger.

“I’ve made it very clear [that] health of the mother and life of the mother are two different things,” Dixon said. “Anytime the mother’s life is in danger. All of these fake stories about if you have an ectopic pregnancy, if you have any type of issue that’s not covered, it absolutely is. In fact, the existing law covers that.”

Dixon was referring to the 1931 Michigan law that states almost all abortions would be considered a felony with a possible penalty of up to four years in prison, with doctors who assist in the procedure and pregnant people who use medication for abortions could be charged.

That law was invalidated by Roe v. Wade, but never removed from the books. When the landmark Roe decision was overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court in June, the law technically came back into effect, although it has been held off by an ongoing injunction pending a ruling on whether it is legal under Michigan’s Constitution. That injunction was kept in effect on Friday by order of an Oakland County Judge following a two day trial.

That request was made by Dixon’s November opponent, Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, who supports abortion rights.

However, Dixon’s assertion that ectopic pregnancies, in which a fertilized egg grows outside of the uterus, cannot survive and is potentially fatal to the mother, would be covered by the 1931 law is up for debate.

Dr. Lisa Harris, an obstetrician-gynecologist and associate director of Obstetrics and Gynecology at University of Michigan, is one of the expert medical witnesses who testified at the injunction hearing and was deemed to be “extremely credible” by the judge.

Harris told MLive in July that the law is so broadly written that it is not clear to doctors what procedures would be considered legal.

“They may not wish to treat an ectopic pregnancy if there is evidence of fetal cardiac activity,” said Dr. Harris. “Doctors’ judgment calls now have criminal penalties associated with them. And if someone thinks that a woman’s life was not quite in jeopardy enough, when someone ended that pregnancy, they could face criminal charges.”

https://michiganadvance.com/2022/08/21/dixon-opposes-abortion-for-rape-victims-because-theres-healing-through-the-baby/

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #5770 on: August 22, 2022, 10:28:47 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5771 on: August 22, 2022, 02:51:18 PM »
Michael Cohen suggests Trump will blackmail the DOJ by threatening to reveal secrets to foreign powers

Appearing on MSNBC on Sunday morning, former Donald Trump lawyer Michael Cohen said he wouldn't put it past the former president to threaten to reveal secrets to foreign powers if the Department of Justice tries to indict him.

Speaking with fill-in host Michael Steele on "The Sunday Show," Cohen was asked why he thinks Trump hauled classified documents to Mar-a-Lago with him after he lost the 2020 presidential election.

"Based on everything you know about him, why do you think he wanted to keep those top secret documents at Mar-a-Lago," host Steele asked.

"He's gonna use it as a get out of jail free card," Cohen immediately shot back. "It's a way to extort America turn around to say if you put me in jail, if you go after me -- he'll even say his children -- I will have my loyal supporters who you do not know who has copies of information that may have been, and again this is my conjecture, that I would take those documents, I will release them to Iran, to China, to North Korea, to Russia.

"You want to take me down, I'll take the whole country down," he added.

"Remember, and I've said this with you 1000 times, Mike, Donald Trump doesn't care about this country," he continued. "He doesn't care about anyone or anything other than himself."

Watch:

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5772 on: August 22, 2022, 07:49:04 PM »
'I would stay quiet': Kash Patel warned he's putting himself in greater peril by defending Trump

One of Donald Trump's biggest supporters was given a stern lecture on CNN on Monday, with a veteran prosecutor suggesting he needs to step away and be quiet lest he make his own legal problems worse.

Kash Patel, a former Trump administration official, has recently taken to the airwaves to defend the former president's decision to squirrel away sensitive government documents at his Mar-a-Lago resort.

Appearing on CNN with host Abby Phillip, former federal prosecutor Jennifer Rodgers claimed all of the former president's defenders who are floating excuses for Trump are making things worse for the former president, but Patel is dragging both Trump and himself down.

After sharing a clip of the former Trump appointee attempting to make the case that Trump could blanket declassify top secret documents and saying the real culprits are the federal workers who shipped the boxes to Florida, Rodgers said his explanation was nonsensical.

"Even if that were the case, would that be a defense?" host Phillip asked.

"It's not," the Columbia Law school lecturer said dismissively. "I mean now, Abby, we're saying basically that if you steal a household full of stuff and hire movers to move it to a different house, they're guilty."

"This is all just silliness. frankly," she continued. "If I could offer a free piece of legal advice to Mr. Patel: he is implicated in this as a negotiator for the former president with the National Archives. So to the extent that the government ultimately finds that the National Archives were lied to and that all of this was part of a potential crime, Mr. Patel might be implicated."

'If I were him, I would stay quiet, and again, if you say anything it's just wait and see what comes out, the presumption of innocence, et cetera," she suggested.

Watch:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #5772 on: August 22, 2022, 07:49:04 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5773 on: August 22, 2022, 10:04:47 PM »
Trump hired cronies to search top-secret docs he believed would erase 'stain' of his impeachment: former NYT reporter

Appearing on CNN's "New Day" on Monday morning, former New York Times national security expert Tim Weiner claimed that former President Donald Trump rounded up the boxes of sensitive government documents to take to Mar-a-Lago in the belief that he would find a "smoking gun" in them proving members of the "deep state" were plotting against him.

Speaking with host John Berman, Weiner expanded upon an op-ed in the Times where he wrote, "The Mar-a-Lago papers may well determine if Mr. Trump has a political future. That depends, in part, on the solution to several mysteries. What is in those files? Where did they come from? Whose fingerprints are on them? And who shows up on the surveillance tapes subpoenaed from the Trump mansion, which will show who went in and out of the rooms where they were hidden?"

"I think in the last chaotic days of the Trump administration, Donald Trump was desperate for documents that he thought would somehow absolve him of the offenses for which he was impeached and criminally investigated," Weiner told the host. "I think that he believes that there is some smoking gun in the classified archives of the government that will somehow cleanse him and allow him to run again, that will provide him with political leverage."

"Whether these documents are, in fact, helpful to the president or not is immaterial! He has no right to have them, they are the property of the American people, not a twice-impeached former president," he added.

"You talk about what he did prior to leaving office and who he put in certain places. Why is that important here?" host Berman pressed.

"That's right," the journalist replied. "In the last year of his administration, President Trump put unqualified loyalists at the top of the intelligence community and the Pentagon, and he wanted them to rifle through the classified files in search of documents, which he believed would somehow cleanse him of the stain of his impeachments and of the counterintelligence investigation, the FBI launched six full years ago against Donald Trump and his inner circle."

"These documents may or may not be what he was looking for," he added. "In other words, he wanted his own set of secret files that he thought would be political ammunition and I believe that's what's in those boxes."

Watch:

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5774 on: August 22, 2022, 11:13:11 PM »
Mueller prosecutor explains why Garland will view the Trump document scandal as a very black and white issue

MSNBC host Nicolle Wallace returned from vacation to walk through the ongoing scandal of the government documents Donald Trump took to his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida.

Speaking to Andrew Weissmann, a former Justice Department prosecutor for former special counsel Robert Mueller, Wallace asked about classified documents and distinctions on the criminality with the various classifications.

Weissmann explained that there have been frequent comments about the classification level of documents being unimportant because the Espionage Act doesn't require that the government documents be classified.

"And of course, the property exists whether the material is classified or not, but I also think it's largely irrelevant whether the documents were declassified by the president on the way out the door because the national security interests of top-secret compartmentalized information state the same whether the label had been taken off by the president or not," said Weissmann. "In other words, a rose by any other name still smells as sweet. It doesn't really matter whether he thought he could take a label off or not. The national security impact is exactly the same. And, I think, the internal DOJ perspective in deciding whether to charge this, I would strongly suspect that people like Merrick Garland or Lisa Monaco are going to see it that way."

He also brought up the report that Trump's former top White House counselors, Pat Cipollone and Patrick Philbin, were two of the seven people who were appointed to handle documents from his presidency with the National Archives.

"So, the fact that they were interviewed [by the FBI] makes total sense because this was the ball that they were tasked with carrying," Weissmann continued. "And I would imagine that DOJ reached out to the other seven people, which by the way, Mark Meadows is one. And in your timeline, the other thing I would note, is that in June of 2022, just at the time of the reaching out by DOJ, it appears that all seven were replaced by John Solomon and Kash Patel, and that was done by the former president. So, it was just a very interesting confluence. But there's a reason that those two people were interviewed by DOJ and I think that's again, just two of what I would strongly suspect is their attempt to try and talk to all seven."

When it comes to Cipollone and Philbin, they might not have the same legal exposure that Trump or Meadows did if they were trying to do the right thing, he explained. According to the previous reporting, both men were working to get some of the documents back from the White House residence that Trump took with him and get them to the National Archives to comply with the Presidential Records Act.

"This is not a hard call. Having been the general counsel of the FBI, we had to comply with the Records Act and we had a whole protocol in place and the director of the FBI, Bob Mueller, knew exactly what to do and comply with the rules. This is an easy one. This is not one where there's a lot of gray [area]. It is very black and white. These documents don't belong to the individual person and they belong to the government. It's not about giving them back. You turn them into personal custody, the former president and they're supposed to be given directly to the national archives. Which, by the way, pointedly the vice president said he did and had enough time to do."

Watch:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #5774 on: August 22, 2022, 11:13:11 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #5775 on: August 23, 2022, 12:19:41 AM »
Florida prosecutor: Trump's new lawsuit is a 'delay tactic' — and bound to fail

On Monday's edition of CNN's "The Situation Room," Palm Beach County Attorney Dave Aronberg weighed in on the new lawsuit Trump filed in South Florida to try to block the Justice Department from reviewing the materials the FBI seized at his Mar-a-Lago resort.

The key problem for Trump, said Aronberg, is that this is being done after the fact.

"Dave, do you think he's going to be successful at slowing down the investigation, and what do you make of that two-week delay?" asked anchor Alex Marquardt

"This is a day late and a dollar short. Namely, two weeks late," said Aronberg. "The documents have already been reviewed. There's already a filter team in place. It's called a taint team, to make sure no privileged documents are among the ones taken. If there are privileged documents, they're put aside, segregated from the rest of it. It's hard to argue the urgency. You need to justify the urgency of a special master when you've waited two weeks to file your motion."

Ultimately, Aronberg said, this comes down to the fact that Trump has no top tier lawyers left advising him — and all he can do now is stall.

"This looks like a delay tactic, especially because they specifically request a pause in the investigation in this motion," said Aronberg. "I don't think they're going to get it. This is what happens when you have trouble finding experienced criminal defense lawyers to represent you. You end up litigating your case on right-wing media instead of the courtroom while the clock runs out."

Watch: