Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )  (Read 219676 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2020, 10:01:03 PM »
Advertisement
My proposed solution:

Who does Mr Lovelady point to in the Altgens photograph when he tells Mr Bonafede: "That lady shielding her eyes works here on the second floor"? Why, Ms Carolyn Arnold----------------

Where in the Altgens photograph is she? Why, just below him, shielding her eyes------------------

She's the reason for that ludicrous, physically impossible shadow artificially added down Mr Lovelady's side in the Wiegman film------------------

Ms Arnold's presence on those steps was erased from history. Because she told the 'investigating' authorities she noticed Mr Lee Harvey Oswald when she went back to that front entrance just before the Presidential parade arrived. (Unlike those already on the steps, she was facing in that direction before she reached them.) They took her statement and distorted it beyond recognition. They made her think her story had gone into the official record. That story also included a sighting of Mr Oswald in the second floor lunchroom shortly before the motorcade-------------a story which chimed perfectly with what Mr Oswald had claimed in custody, despite the fact that Ms Arnold was not privy to any of the interrogations.

Ms Arnold was, in short, the witness from hell. And so she wasn't called before the Warren Commission.

Years later, Mr Earl Golz and Mr Anthony Summers contacted Ms Arnold. When she was told what was in her FBI interview report, she reacted very defensively to any suggestion she spotted Mr Oswald behind the front glass door. But she protested a little too much... Why, researchers had to wonder, would the FBI have concocted an Oswald sighting at the front door? Must have come from somewhere! The rational answer: They took what she told them and changed the timeframe, made her location vague enough-----and put words of doubt as to the identification into her mouth...

This provided insulation against the eventuality of Ms Arnold's going public with her sighting. 'Oh, that's not quite what the young lady told us. See for yourself--here's the official interview report.'

By 1978, Ms Arnold no longer wished to tell her story-------------or at least: she now was only prepared to talk about the lunchroom part. Understandable!

However, if I've got this right, then I hope that, while there's still time, she decides to reveal the truth. Because along with Mr BW Frazier (and possibly Mr Roy Edward Lewis), she may be the only living witness left who can finally confirm Mr Oswald's alibi.

In the meantime, thank you, Mr Lovelady!

Thumb1:

“When the author contacted Arnold in 1978 to get a firsthand account, she was surprised to hear how she had been reported by the FBI. Her spontaneous reaction, that the FBI had misquoted her, came before the author explained to her the importance of Oswald’s whereabouts at given moments. Arnold’s recollection of what she observed was clear - spotting Oswald had been her one personal contribution to the record of that memorable day. As secretary to the company vice president she knew Oswald; he had been in the habit of coming to her for change. What she claimed she told the FBI is very different from the Bureau report of her comments.
       “About a quarter of an hour before the assassination,” she said in 1978, “I went into the lunchroom on the second floor for a moment….Oswald was sitting in one of the booth seats on the right-hand side of the room as you go in. He was alone as usual and appeared to be having lunch. I did not speak to him but I recognized him clearly.”
       Arnold had some reason to remember having gone into the lunchroom. She was pregnant at the time and had a craving for a glass of water. She also recalled, in 1978, that this was “about 12:15. It may have been slightly later.””

[“Not In Your Lifetime”, Anthony Summers pgs 91,92]

The pregnant lady in the middle of this pic is thought to be Carolyn Arnold being moved away from the TSBD steps minutes after the assassination:

She is identified as the lady on the far right of the steps as we look at them:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2020, 10:01:03 PM »

Offline Alan J. Ford

• RFK's Final Journey
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2020, 12:33:19 AM »
An excellent find there, Mr. Ford, regarding Bill Shelley's 3/18/64 interview report confirming Ms. Arnold's close proximity to the unfolding action from her vantage point upon the front entrance stairs. Speaking of Ms. Arnold, and taking Mr. O'meara's photo bearing her name into account, I have a question for you. No rush making a response as I'm off for work until next weekend. Just the same sir., with that photo in mind, In your opinion is the figure standing there to Mr. Frazier's left possibly a heavy-set woman? Could she be in excess of 300lbs?

That said, now moving along to Mr. Roy Edward Lewis, given Mr. Frazier's height & the other folks standing there outside just beyond the glass doors where he says he viewed the P-parade from the inside,  In your opinion, Would it have been much easier for him to have viewed the action from behind Prayer Man's position, where it is less densely crowded? That said, am left to wonder if he is being fully truthful about who & what he observed out there that afternoon?

What kind of people can live with themselves knowing an outright lie masquerading as truth is being presented as fact? Mr. Frazier knows the truth. Mr. Molina knew the truth. I also believe Mr. Lewis knows the truth too. I get it, courage doesn't grow on trees, self-preservation is the highest priority and fear can be paralyzing at times, especially when it comes down to protecting one's family/loved ones at all cost.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 12:36:39 AM by Alan J. Ford »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2020, 02:39:01 PM »
The pregnant lady in the middle of this pic is thought to be Carolyn Arnold being moved away from the TSBD steps minutes after the assassination:

She is identified as the lady on the far right of the steps as we look at them:

I honestly have doubts as to the safeness of the identification as Ms Arnold of the pregnant lady in the street. Beyond the fact that she's pregnant, what is the basis for this identification?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2020, 02:39:01 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2020, 02:54:01 PM »
An excellent find there, Mr. Ford, regarding Bill Shelley's 3/18/64 interview report confirming Ms. Arnold's close proximity to the unfolding action from her vantage point upon the front entrance stairs. Speaking of Ms. Arnold, and taking Mr. O'meara's photo bearing her name into account, I have a question for you. No rush making a response as I'm off for work until next weekend. Just the same sir., with that photo in mind, In your opinion is the figure standing there to Mr. Frazier's left possibly a heavy-set woman? Could she be in excess of 300lbs?

Those forearms look to me to be too slim for Ms Stanton, who (besides) would have been further back in the shadows alongside Mr Frazier. I think this also rules out Ms Sanders, who was standing beside Ms Stanton. Best bet would be either Ms Avery Davis or Ms Judy McCully (neither of whom worked on the second floor).

(Interesting Sidebar! Mr B. Kamp spoke with Ms McCully's daughter in 2018. She said her mom told her she was actually on the 4th floor at the time of the shooting...)

That said, now moving along to Mr. Roy Edward Lewis, given Mr. Frazier's height & the other folks standing there outside just beyond the glass doors where he says he viewed the P-parade from the inside,  In your opinion, Would it have been much easier for him to have viewed the action from behind Prayer Man's position, where it is less densely crowded? That said, am left to wonder if he is being fully truthful about who & what he observed out there that afternoon?

Mr Lewis gave a radio interview a while back in which he claimed to have been out on the steps (and not behind the front door). At one point, he let the interviewer persuade him he was the figure in Altgens we know to be Mr Carl Edward Jones-----------------not exactly a point in favor of Mr Lewis's credibility!

His March '64 description of his whereabouts at the time of the assassination? 'I stood by myself on the inside of the front entrance of the Texas School Book Depository...'

I believe he was behind that glass door----------------and saw Mr Oswald go through that door and out on to the steps.

Can't help wondering also is Mr Jones over by the (indoor) west wall in Darnell, messing with our perception of Prayer Man's posture?

Thumb1:

Offline Joffrey van de Wiel

« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2020, 04:37:25 PM »
Good afternoon Mr. Ford,

I realize I am a bit late to the party so to speak, and that the thread has moved forward from the Hosty note to photographs of the front entrance of the TSBD, but hope you could answer the following questions:

1) When was the note discovered?
2) Who discovered it?
3) Where was it found?

Thanks in advance.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2020, 04:37:25 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2020, 06:26:51 PM »
Good afternoon Mr. Ford,

I realize I am a bit late to the party so to speak, and that the thread has moved forward from the Hosty note to photographs of the front entrance of the TSBD, but hope you could answer the following questions:

1) When was the note discovered?
2) Who discovered it?
3) Where was it found?

Thanks in advance.

Hello, Mr van de Wiel!

1) Feb. 2019.
2) Mr Bart Kamp.
3) The Hosty papers at NARA (photocopied by researcher Mr Malcolm Blunt).

Thumb1:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 06:27:45 PM by Alan Ford »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2020, 11:21:09 PM »
Been wondering about this Gif recently. Does anyone know what the apparent light source being held by the Shadow Person is?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2020, 11:21:09 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2020, 06:28:01 PM »
No takers, eh?
I'll describe what I'm seeing, see if it rings any bells with you smokers out there. The Shadow Person is, as the name would suggest, a person stood completely in the shadows, no part of their body is being hit by sunlight. This tells me that the light source held in the hand isn't an object reflecting the sun which also tells me the light source is 'self-generating'. The order of the two images is also important. Using Lovelady's motion down the steps I think it is safe to say the image where the light source is being held to the face comes first. Taking a closer look at the images it is possible to make out, using the hairline as a reference point, that in the first image the face is tilted slightly downward and then straightens up in the second.

A 'self-generating' light source being held to a slightly tilted head. As a smoker myself I'm aware that when someone offers you a light you tilt your head slightly forward to receive it, what is strange, when I come to think of it, is that when you light your own cigarette you very often do the same tilting of the head even though it seems unnecessary:

These are just a few images from dozens I could have chosen from. Very often the other hand is cupped around the cigarette to protect the flame from any wind but you need both hands to be free in order to do this:

Also, if you have both hands free you will take the cigarette out of your mouth with one hand and blow out the match being held in the other but if you only have one hand free you will move the flame away from your face and shake it out. Going back to the close-up Gif. In the second image, the one where the head straightens up, the lower part of the face seems strangely distorted. It looks to me like it could possibly be a plume of smoke.

I have only very basic tools for photo enhancement but two things seem to be suggested -

1) The light source seems brightest in the centre
2) The possibility of a cigarette-end glowing

I can't be sure of these things because, as I say, I am using very basic tools that could be throwing up all kinds of artificial artefacts. Take a look at the close-up Gif and see what you think - is it someone leaning in to light a cigarette then straightening up and blowing out a cloud of smoke?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 07:28:48 PM by Dan O'meara »