Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )  (Read 220784 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )
« Reply #776 on: January 09, 2021, 11:13:49 PM »
Advertisement
If the late Mr.Doyles alleged interview with relatives of Sarah Stanton is true, then Sarah Stanton saw Oswald with a “Pepsi” in hand on the 2nd floor landing BEFORE the lunchroom had cleared of all the office women.

No, that was a Doyle fabrication.  Rosa merely said that Sarah told her she saw Oswald on an unspecified staircase at an unspecified time holding a Pepsi, before saying that he was going back up.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 11:14:55 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #776 on: January 09, 2021, 11:13:49 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #777 on: January 09, 2021, 11:19:17 PM »
The only people who would interpret things that way are those who are crazy enough to believe Oswald was African American or that Joe Molina is Sarah Stanton.

Yeah, like you have proven in any way that your "appendage" is African American or what blob is Joe Molina.

People who are rabidly defending a  BS: theory that is supported by zero evidence.

pot-kettle

The only thing you ever offer is this note by Hosty but what does Hosty have to say about this in his own book - "Assignment: Oswald"

You mean the book he published in 1996 purporting to have word-for-word accounts of conversations?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 11:24:18 PM by John Iacoletti »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #778 on: January 09, 2021, 11:23:24 PM »
You have to call Scranton a liar because she blows your little world apart.

Says the guy who doesn't believe Westbrook's identification of herself in the Z film.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #778 on: January 09, 2021, 11:23:24 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #779 on: January 09, 2021, 11:25:42 PM »
pot-kettle

I should be used to your cowardly, meaningless sniping from the side-lines but I'd like you to provide one theory I've ever put forward that is supported by zero evidence.
You won't be able to so why don't you STFU and keep your snide comments to yourself.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #780 on: January 09, 2021, 11:31:16 PM »
I agree that she told a fictitious story, Mr Cakebread, but did so for a very different reason to the one you're giving.

Even without the supposed Ms Reid incident, your overall explanation for "Then went outside to watch P. Parade" is spectacularly weak and far-fetched. The idea that Mr Oswald, having had a cop stick a gun at his belly and then tear upstairs with Mr Truly, will then go back down to the domino room, spend several minutes eating lunch there all the while thinking the P. Parade hasn't arrived yet... before finally going outside to watch what he still thinks will be a normal P. Parade... requires a Mr Oswald who is mentally retarded, hearing impaired and in possession of the eye-power of Mr Magoo.

The idea that Mr Oswald, having had a cop stick a gun at his belly,and then tear upstairs with Mr Truly, will then go back down to the domino room, spend several minutes eating lunch there all the while thinking the P. Parade hasn't arrived yet... before finally going outside to watch what he still thinks will be a normal P. Parade... requires a Mr Oswald who is mentally retarded, hearing impaired and in possession of the eye-power of Mr Magoo.

When you embroider the encounter with this kind of hyperbole " had a cop stick a gun at his belly," you are simply doing yourself a disservice....and fooling yourself into believing that Lee wouldn't have gone "back down to the domino room, spend several minutes eating lunch there all the while thinking the P. Parade hasn't arrived yet..."

I doubt that you were an eye witness to the lunchroom encounter but perhaps you can explain WHY  Baker would "stick a gun at Lee's belly"   Lee was there with a Coca Cola in his hand and not acting suspicious, he was a bit perplexed, so WHY would Baker stick a gun at his belly ??? 

But when you exaggerate and spin the encounter, then you can  foolishly attempt to make the lunchroom encounter appear to have been spun from some conspirators wild imagination...     And the tale was invented before anybody knew that Lee was in that lunchroom at 12:30.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 11:33:21 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #780 on: January 09, 2021, 11:31:16 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #781 on: January 09, 2021, 11:41:04 PM »

The idea that Mr Oswald, having had a cop stick a gun at his belly,and then tear upstairs with Mr Truly, will then go back down to the domino room, spend several minutes eating lunch there all the while thinking the P. Parade hasn't arrived yet... before finally going outside to watch what he still thinks will be a normal P. Parade... requires a Mr Oswald who is mentally retarded, hearing impaired and in possession of the eye-power of Mr Magoo.

When you embroider the encounter with this kind of hyperbole " had a cop stick a gun at his belly," you are simply doing yourself a disservice....and fooling yourself into believing that Lee wouldn't have gone "back down to the domino room, spend several minutes eating lunch there all the while thinking the P. Parade hasn't arrived yet..."

I doubt that you were an eye witness to the lunchroom encounter but perhaps you can explain WHY  Baker would "stick a gun at Lee's belly"   Lee was there with a Coca Cola in his hand and not acting suspicious, he was a bit perplexed, so WHY would Baker stick a gun at his belly ??? 

But when you exaggerate and spin the encounter, then you can  foolishly attempt to make the lunchroom encounter appear to have been spun from some conspirators wild imagination...     And the tale was invented before anybody knew that Lee was in that lunchroom at 12:30.

You need to raise your objection with Mr Truly, not with me-------------

Mr. BELIN: All right. Let me ask you this now. How far was the officer's gun from Lee Harvey Oswald when he asked the question?
Mr. TRULY: It would be hard for me to say, but it seemed to me like it was almost touching him.
Mr. BELIN: What portion of his body?
Mr. TRULY: Towards the middle portion of his body.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #782 on: January 09, 2021, 11:45:07 PM »
Now, Mr O'Meara, question for you! Do you believe that Ms Reid told colleagues that the Coke-in-hand Mr Oswald had asked her, "What's all the excitement about?" Or are you now, suddenly, of the view that Ms Scranton did not after all recall in detail and that her account is not after all to be taken at face value?

Just to clarify something as I'm not 100% convinced you're fully understanding an important issue.
When I say that Scranton recalls the incident in detail I am referring to her setting the scene in which she heard Reid telling people about her interaction with Oswald. The incident she is referring to is hearing Reid telling the story about Oswald, she's not referring to the actual encounter between Reid and Oswald as she wasn't there when that happened.
As for the details of what Scranton recalls about the Reid/Oswald incident, I don't know. The only thing that interests me is that Reid is telling a story about an interaction with Oswald that has key similarities with her WC testimony and she's telling this story shortly after the assassination.
Scranton's account of Reid's telling the story about meeting with Oswald is credible and should be taken at face value.

Front entrance, just after the assassination. (Cf. what Messrs Lovelady & Shelley told the WC about Ms Gloria Calvery.)

What is the reference to Lovelady and Shelley about?
When Scranton recalls Reid saying "Lee came to the door with a coke in his hand", which door do you think she's referring to?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #782 on: January 09, 2021, 11:45:07 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #783 on: January 09, 2021, 11:56:58 PM »
Just to clarify something as I'm not 100% convinced you're fully understanding an important issue.
When I say that Scranton recalls the incident in detail I am referring to her setting the scene in which she heard Reid telling people about her interaction with Oswald. The incident she is referring to is hearing Reid telling the story about Oswald, she's not referring to the actual encounter between Reid and Oswald as she wasn't there when that happened.

That's far from clear from what she actually says:

"Mrs Reid said that she--when everybody was walking and milling and so forth--that Lee came to the door with a coke in his hand and said, 'What's all the excitement about?' And Mrs Reid said she told him, 'Oh my God, someone has shot the President'" (emphasis added)

As for the details of what Scranton recalls about the Reid/Oswald incident, I don't know. The only thing that interests me is that Reid is telling a story about an interaction with Oswald that has key similarities with her WC testimony and she's telling this story shortly after the assassination.
Scranton's account of Reid's telling the story about meeting with Oswald is credible and should be taken at face value.

Well, ain't it funny how I'm the one taking the story at face value, while you're the one now scrambling to divert the discussion from its details.

Do you or do you not believe that Ms Reid told colleagues that Mr Oswald said "What's all the excitement about?"

Before you answer, permit me to remind you of your own words just a few posts back: "The story seems far too detailed to be some kind of 'misrememberance'." How have you gone from this to "As for the details of what Scranton recalls about the Reid/Oswald incident, I don't know." Either the details impress you or they don't.

When Scranton recalls Reid saying "Lee came to the door with a coke in his hand", which door do you think she's referring to?

Already answered, as you well know.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 11:59:00 PM by Alan Ford »