Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )  (Read 220515 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )
« Reply #1144 on: January 28, 2021, 05:32:36 PM »
Advertisement
No, there are two doors, not two sets of doors. And no front part. Mr Oswald was describing the front entrance on the first floor.

It appears Mr Oswald did use that word. Its primary meaning is front lobby, but it can also mean portico or front porch.

Mr Belin, during Mr Roy Truly's testimony, makes sure to misdescribe the space you refer to as a 'vestibule'.

~Grin~ Your gift for tuning out uncongenial data is impressive, Mr Nessan!

Mr HOLMES. ... But he went downstairs, and as he went out the front, it seems as though he did have a coke with him, or he stopped at the coke machine, or somebody else was trying to get a coke, but there was a coke involved. He mentioned something about a coke .

Mr Holmes is certain about the front entrance to first floor part, a lot less so about the coke part ("Seems like he said... It seems as though...")

Mr Oswald did indeed mention something about a Coke--a Coke which he had bought from the machine up in the lunchroom before the motorcade and which he now had in his hand at the front entrance when the officer came storming up those steps.

Vestibule--- Any of several chambers or channels adjoining or connecting one space with another.   ie;  The vestibule between two railway passenger cars.

I wouldn't call the small hallway at the west end of the 2nd floor lunchroom a "vestibule" ( I'd call it a hall ) However some folks would call it a vestibule and they would be correct...because that hallway did in fact connect the 2nd floor office area with the lunchroom.   Incidentally....  I've noticed that nobody ever mentions the fact that there were two lunch rooms in the TSBD, just as there were separate  dining areas for "colored" and "white" in many public dining places in Dallas.  It appears to me that the 2nd floor lunch room was for white office workers and the first floor lunchroom was for the colored warehouse workers.   However the white warehouse workers could eat in the 1st floor lunchroom if they chose to....But.... I'll bet that a colored employee was not allowed to eat in the 2nd floor lunchroom.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1144 on: January 28, 2021, 05:32:36 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #1145 on: January 29, 2021, 03:50:24 AM »
No, there are two doors, not two sets of doors. And no front part. Mr Oswald was describing the front entrance on the first floor.

It appears Mr Oswald did use that word. Its primary meaning is front lobby, but it can also mean portico or front porch.

Mr Belin, during Mr Roy Truly's testimony, makes sure to misdescribe the space you refer to as a 'vestibule'.

~Grin~ Your gift for tuning out uncongenial data is impressive, Mr Nessan!

Mr HOLMES. ... But he went downstairs, and as he went out the front, it seems as though he did have a coke with him, or he stopped at the coke machine, or somebody else was trying to get a coke, but there was a coke involved. He mentioned something about a coke .

Mr Holmes is certain about the front entrance to first floor part, a lot less so about the coke part ("Seems like he said... It seems as though...")

Mr Oswald did indeed mention something about a Coke--a Coke which he had bought from the machine up in the lunchroom before the motorcade and which he now had in his hand at the front entrance when the officer came storming up those steps.
He radically changed his story in this final interview. He abandoned the idea he ate lunch with or near the coworkers. He admitted to being on the upper floors during the assassination based on his continuing to work until he came downstairs because of th commotion and encountered Baker in the 2nd floor lunchroom. I agree It is hard to believe he would do this but maybe the confusion of the interview played a part. In the end I really don't think LHO was that clever or an actual plan existed to assassinate JFK and for him to escape. It reinforces the idea it was totally spur of the moment

Mr. HOLMES. There was no formality, to the interrogation. One man would question Oswald. Another would interrupt with a different trend of thought, or something in connection, and it was sort of an informal questioning or interrogation.

The confusion of having a number of officials and the randomness of the questions may have placed LHO off guard. All that is reported is the answers never the questions or statements by the officials. It is entirely possible someone told him his coworkers denied seeing him at lunch either as a bluff or by actual knowledge causing LHO to alter his story. Ultimately he places himself as being alone and working upstairs until two verifiable encounters took place.

In todays world the request for an attorney would have ended the interview. Back then it does not appear to have mattered.

-------------------------------------------

The use of the word "vestibule' also seems to take Belin back. You can tell by his reaction. Because of a Catholic upbringing I immediately thought of the area prior to entering the church itself. Outside doors, a space(vestibule), and then more doors to the church. I also thought it was an odd way to describe it. Holmes did not seem to particularly agree with the use either.

The key to the Coke story is not LHO drinking one , but that he was physically standing by the machine itself when he was talking to Baker. That can only be accomplished if he is on the second floor.
----------------------------------------------
Your vocabulary is very impressive. I was forcedd to look up the definition of uncongenial  along with several others. Based on an engineering background, if you don't pay attention to the details, your newly constructed bridge just might fall into the river.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tacoma+bridge+collapse&docid=608045869369786645&mid=D8B80A1C110379BC596AD8B80A1C110379BC596A&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1146 on: January 29, 2021, 09:40:52 AM »
He radically changed his story in this final interview. He abandoned the idea he ate lunch with or near the coworkers. He admitted to being on the upper floors during the assassination

A simply amazing admission for Mr Oswald to make---------made all the more amazing by the fact that no one familiar with Mr Oswald's claims to date even noticed the change in story!

All we've got here is Inspector Holmes compressing time (the break for lunch... what happened afterwards).

based on his continuing to work until he came downstairs because of th commotion and encountered Baker in the 2nd floor lunchroom.

A simply amazing admission for Mr Oswald to make---------made all the more amazing by the fact that he was seen downstairs after folks broke for lunch!

I agree It is hard to believe he would do this but maybe the confusion of the interview played a part. In the end I really don't think LHO was that clever or an actual plan existed to assassinate JFK and for him to escape. It reinforces the idea it was totally spur of the moment

No, all it reinforces is the impression that you can't explain why Mr Oswald would make such a suicidal 'admission'

Mr. HOLMES. There was no formality, to the interrogation. One man would question Oswald. Another would interrupt with a different trend of thought, or something in connection, and it was sort of an informal questioning or interrogation.

The confusion of having a number of officials and the randomness of the questions may have placed LHO off guard. All that is reported is the answers never the questions or statements by the officials. It is entirely possible someone told him his coworkers denied seeing him at lunch either as a bluff or by actual knowledge causing LHO to alter his story. Ultimately he places himself as being alone and working upstairs until two verifiable encounters took place.

This is just speculation and wishful thinking, Mr Nessan

In todays world the request for an attorney would have ended the interview. Back then it does not appear to have mattered.

Really? Read Inspector Kelley's report on the Sunday morning interview!

The use of the word "vestibule' also seems to take Belin back. You can tell by his reaction.

Hardly...

Mr. BELIN. By the way, where did this policeman stop him when he was coming down the stairs at the Book Depository on the day of the shooting?
Mr. HOLMES. He said it was in the vestibule.
Mr. BELIN. He said he was in the vestibule?
Mr. HOLMES. Or approaching the door to the vestibule. He was just coming, apparently, and I have never been in there myself. Apparently there is two sets of doors, and he had come out to this front part.
Mr. BELIN. Did he state it was on what floor?
Mr. HOLMES. First floor. The front entrance to the first floor.

Two sets of doors... front part... first floor... front entrance.

Just like DPD were telling press on 11/22. Amazing coincidence!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1146 on: January 29, 2021, 09:40:52 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1147 on: January 29, 2021, 02:17:07 PM »
He radically changed his story in this final interview. He abandoned the idea he ate lunch with or near the coworkers. He admitted to being on the upper floors during the assassination based on his continuing to work until he came downstairs because of th commotion and encountered Baker in the 2nd floor lunchroom. I agree It is hard to believe he would do this but maybe the confusion of the interview played a part. In the end I really don't think LHO was that clever or an actual plan existed to assassinate JFK and for him to escape. It reinforces the idea it was totally spur of the moment

The use of the word "vestibule' also seems to take Belin back. You can tell by his reaction. Because of a Catholic upbringing I immediately thought of the area prior to entering the church itself. Outside doors, a space(vestibule), and then more doors to the church. I also thought it was an odd way to describe it. Holmes did not seem to particularly agree with the use either.

The key to the Coke story is not LHO drinking one , but that he was physically standing by the machine itself when he was talking to Baker. That can only be accomplished if he is on the second floor.
----------------------------------------------
Your vocabulary is very impressive. I was forcedd to look up the definition of uncongenial  along with several others. Based on an engineering background, if you don't pay attention to the details, your newly constructed bridge just might fall into the river.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tacoma+bridge+collapse&docid=608045869369786645&mid=D8B80A1C110379BC596AD8B80A1C110379BC596A&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

He admitted to being on the upper floors during the assassination based on his continuing to work until he came downstairs because of the commotion and encountered Baker in the 2nd floor lunchroom.

No, that's not correct.....  Holmes reported that Lee said that, but NONE of the other listeners heard Lee say that.   Harry Holmes is the only one who reported Lee making such a insanely incriminating statement. 

I agree It is hard to believe he would do this but maybe the confusion of the interview played a part.

So you are smart enough to recognize that it's highly unlikely that Lee would say that ...and you continue to believe Holmes in spite of the fact that the other listeners never heard Lee say anything like that.

In the end I really don't think LHO was that clever or an actual plan existed to assassinate JFK and for him to escape. It reinforces the idea it was totally spur of the moment.

Why are you diverting from the official government approved tale?.....  The official tale says that the arch villain  Lee Harvey Oswald plotted the murder for months..... Starting with the order of a rifle in March of 1963,  from a mail order house, and using a false name.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1148 on: January 29, 2021, 02:35:50 PM »
A simply amazing admission for Mr Oswald to make---------made all the more amazing by the fact that no one familiar with Mr Oswald's claims to date even noticed the change in story!

All we've got here is Inspector Holmes compressing time (the break for lunch... what happened afterwards).

A simply amazing admission for Mr Oswald to make---------made all the more amazing by the fact that he was seen downstairs after folks broke for lunch!

No, all it reinforces is the impression that you can't explain why Mr Oswald would make such a suicidal 'admission'

Hardly...

Mr. BELIN. By the way, where did this policeman stop him when he was coming down the stairs at the Book Depository on the day of the shooting?
Mr. HOLMES. Or approaching the door to the vestibule. He was just coming, apparently, and I have never been in there myself. Apparently there is two sets of doors, and he had come out to this front part.

Alan, can't you understand that Holmes took the use of the word "vestibule" too literally?   As you have pointed out the primary meaning of the word "vestibule" means a space or compartment between the exterior front door and an interior front door.  The use of that word "vestibule", caused Holmes ( who had never been in the TSBD)  to visualize the event as taking place at the front door to the TSBD.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1148 on: January 29, 2021, 02:35:50 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #1149 on: January 29, 2021, 05:01:51 PM »

Hardly...

You are right, unbelievable, he was offered an attorney and to have him present when interviewed and continued on talking anyway. Proof of just how clever he was. You seriously can't imagine him incriminating himself the way he did. I believe his arrogance played a part in his admission. He simply thought he was smarter than he was. In the end he inadvertently stated he was on the upper floors during the assassination.

Kelley: Oswald stated that at various other times he had been thoroughly interrogated by the FBI; that they had used all the usual interrogation practices and all their standard operating procedure; that he was very familiar with interrogation, and he had no intention of answering any questions concerning any shooting; that he knew he did not have to answer them and that he would not answer any questions until he had been given counsel. He stated that the FBI had used their hard and soft approach to him, they used the buddy system; that he was familiar with all types of questioning and had no intention of making any statement. He said that in the past three weeks when the FBI had talked to his wife, they were abusive and impolite; that they had frightened his wife and he considered their activities obnoxious. He stated that he wanted to contact a Mr. Abt, a New York lawyer whom he did not know but who had defended the Smith Act "victims" in 1949 or 1950 in connection with a conspiracy against the Government; that Abt would understand what this case was all about and that he would give him an excellent defense. He stated in returning a question about his former addresses that he lived at 4907 magazine Street in New Orleans at one time and worked for the William Riley Company; that he was arrested in New Orleans for disturbing the peace and paid a $10 find while he was demonstrating for the Fair Play for Cuba Committee; that he had a fight with some anti-Castro refugees and that they were released while he was fined.

The different interviewers just let him talk. The more he says the better. Let him hang himself and he finally did just that. All his interviews were a variation of the same story.

Someone did record his final alteration of the story. Holmes noted what he said and it is obvious you see the importance and significance of his change in his movements of the day. LHO's mistake was centered on him stating he came down after the "commotion" nothing more. LHO's story always had him in an encounter with Baker on the second floor following the assassination which he stated he came down the stairs to the encounter in the second floor lunchroom. At the time nobody had a clear view of the whole picture of the employees movements, today we do.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1150 on: January 29, 2021, 06:17:42 PM »

You are right, unbelievable, he was offered an attorney and to have him present when interviewed and continued on talking anyway. Proof of just how clever he was. You seriously can't imagine him incriminating himself the way he did. I believe his arrogance played a part in his admission. He simply thought he was smarter than he was. In the end he inadvertently stated he was on the upper floors during the assassination.

Kelley: Oswald stated that at various other times he had been thoroughly interrogated by the FBI; that they had used all the usual interrogation practices and all their standard operating procedure; that he was very familiar with interrogation, and he had no intention of answering any questions concerning any shooting; that he knew he did not have to answer them and that he would not answer any questions until he had been given counsel. He stated that the FBI had used their hard and soft approach to him, they used the buddy system; that he was familiar with all types of questioning and had no intention of making any statement. He said that in the past three weeks when the FBI had talked to his wife, they were abusive and impolite; that they had frightened his wife and he considered their activities obnoxious. He stated that he wanted to contact a Mr. Abt, a New York lawyer whom he did not know but who had defended the Smith Act "victims" in 1949 or 1950 in connection with a conspiracy against the Government; that Abt would understand what this case was all about and that he would give him an excellent defense. He stated in returning a question about his former addresses that he lived at 4907 magazine Street in New Orleans at one time and worked for the William Riley Company; that he was arrested in New Orleans for disturbing the peace and paid a $10 find while he was demonstrating for the Fair Play for Cuba Committee; that he had a fight with some anti-Castro refugees and that they were released while he was fined.

The different interviewers just let him talk. The more he says the better. Let him hang himself and he finally did just that. All his interviews were a variation of the same story.

Someone did record his final alteration of the story. Holmes noted what he said and it is obvious you see the importance and significance of his change in his movements of the day. LHO's mistake was centered on him stating he came down after the "commotion" nothing more. LHO's story always had him in an encounter with Baker on the second floor following the assassination which he stated he came down the stairs to the encounter in the second floor lunchroom. At the time nobody had a clear view of the whole picture of the employees movements, today we do.

Oswald stated that at various other times he had been thoroughly interrogated by the FBI; that they had used all the usual interrogation practices and all their standard operating procedure; that he was very familiar with interrogation, and he had no intention of answering any questions concerning any shooting; that he knew he did not have to answer them and that he would not answer any questions until he had been given counsel. He stated that the FBI had used their hard and soft approach to him, they used the buddy system; that he was familiar with all types of questioning and had no intention of making any statement.

Oswald stated that at various other times he had been thoroughly interrogated by the FBI;

True....We know that Lee had in fact been interrogated on at least two prior occasions.....

he was very familiar with interrogation,

True... He had been educated by ONI, about how to resist hostile interrogation, I while in the MC , before he was sent to Russia on an intel mission. ( All GI's are taught to resist hostile interrogation, but those GI's who enter Military Intelligence are thoroughly trained on how to handle the various interrogation techniques. )

he was offered an attorney and to have him present when interviewed and continued on talking anyway. Proof of just how clever he was.

Lee knew that he needed a lawyer that had Top Secret clearance .....He could not discuss anything with a lawyer who did not have the TOP SECRET  clearance.

LHO's mistake was centered on him stating he came down after the "commotion" nothing more.

Lee did not say that..... Holmes said that.....But NONE of the other listeners heard Lee make such an absurdly incriminating statement.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1150 on: January 29, 2021, 06:17:42 PM »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #1151 on: January 29, 2021, 10:02:12 PM »
Are there any other prints of the Altgens 6 photo that show the same anomaly (fore arm with bottle in hand) as in the Cronkite  TV show print ?