Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )  (Read 220803 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )
« Reply #1048 on: January 23, 2021, 04:18:13 PM »
Advertisement
LHO places himself above the 2nd floor during the shooting and he comes down where he encounters Trully and Baker. Interesting that a Marine seems to have no knowledge of shots being fired. Seriously, "commotion?"

Mr. BELIN. Did anyone say anything about Oswald saying anything about his leaving the Texas School Book Depository after the shooting?
Mr. HOLMES. He said, as I remember, actually, in answer to questions there, he mentioned that when lunchtime came, one of the Negro employees asked him if. he would like to sit and each lunch with him, and he said, "Yes, but I can't go right now." He said, "You go and take the elevator on down." No, he said, "You go ahead, but send the elevator back up."
He didn't say up where, and he didn't mention what floor he was on. Nobody seemed to ask him.
You see, I assumed that obvious questions like that had been asked in previous interrogation. So I didn't interrupt too much, but he said, "Send the elevator back up to me."
Then he said when all this commotion started, "I just went on downstairs." And he didn't say whether he took the elevator or not. He said, "I went down, and as I started to go out and see what it was all about, a police officer stopped me just before I got to the front door, and started to ask me some questions, and my superintendent of the place stepped up and told the officers that I am one of the employees of the building, so he told me to step aside for a little bit and we will get to you later. Then I just went on out in the crowd to see what it was all about."
And he wouldn't tell what happened then.
Mr. BELIN. Did he say where he was at the time of the shooting?
Mr. HOLMES. He just said he was still up in the building when the commotion--
he kind of----

Mr. BELIN. Did Oswald say why he left the building?
Mr. HOLMES. No; other than just said he talked about this commotion and went out to see what it was about.

Oswald doesn't place himself above the 2nd floor at the time of the shooting. His reference to sending the elevator back up is obviously a reference to the 6th floor crew on their way down. This happened about 11:45-11:50am.
The next we hear of Oswald is down on the first floor talking to Eddie Piper around 12:00

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1048 on: January 23, 2021, 04:18:13 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #1049 on: January 23, 2021, 05:16:50 PM »

Oswald doesn't place himself above the 2nd floor at the time of the shooting. His reference to sending the elevator back up is obviously a reference to the 6th floor crew on their way down. This happened about 11:45-11:50am.
The next we hear of Oswald is down on the first floor talking to Eddie Piper around 12:00

At the time of the shooting his reference is that he is inside the building and comes down the stairs to go outside. After the lunchroom encounter with Trully and Baker.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #1050 on: January 23, 2021, 06:10:25 PM »
At the time of the shooting his reference is that he is inside the building and comes down the stairs to go outside. After the lunchroom encounter with Trully and Baker.

I agree.
According to Holmes Oswald seems to be saying he was on the second floor at the time of the shooting.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1050 on: January 23, 2021, 06:10:25 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #1051 on: January 23, 2021, 07:13:59 PM »
I agree.
According to Holmes Oswald seems to be saying he was on the second floor at the time of the shooting.

After the "commotion" He went downstairs where he met Trully and Baker, which is known to have taken place on the second floor. He came down the stairs to be where he was already was located. He should have used himself as an alibi and claimed he seen himself standing there.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1052 on: January 23, 2021, 08:01:19 PM »
Fritz wrote his notes several days up to a week later when all the important information escaped his mind.

From the memo of Postal Inspector Harry Holmes, on page 636 of the WR.

Captain Fritz then asked him (LHO) about the ID card .........And he flared up and said " I told you all I'm going to about that card, YOU TOOK NOTES, just read them for yourself if you want to refresh your memory" 

Holmes is reporting that Lee noticed that Fritz was taking notes during the interrogation....

Do you still believe that Fritz scribbled those notes several days after the interrogation?   Perhaps you should watch a few episodes of the TV program "The First 48"and take note that the interrogating officers always have a pen and paper and record the suspects answers to their questions...   That is simply basic procedure in all police departments.  i

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1052 on: January 23, 2021, 08:01:19 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #1053 on: January 23, 2021, 08:11:30 PM »
From the memo of Postal Inspector Harry Holmes, on page 636 of the WR.

Captain Fritz then asked him (LHO) about the ID card .........And he flared up and said " I told you all I'm going to about that card, YOU TOOK NOTES, just read them for yourself if you want to refresh your memory" 

Holmes is reporting that Lee noticed that Fritz was taking notes during the interrogation....

Do you still believe that Fritz scribbled those notes several days after the interrogation?   Perhaps you should watch a few episodes of the TV program "The First 48"and take note that the interrogating officers always have a pen and paper and record the suspects answers to their questions...   That is simply basic procedure in all police departments.  i

"Fritz then asked him (LHO) about the ID card .........And he flared up and said " I told you all I'm going to about that card, YOU TOOK NOTES, just read them for yourself if you want to refresh your memory" 

Wow. Hadn't spotted that before Walt.
That really puts the cat amongst the pigeons.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1054 on: January 23, 2021, 08:36:17 PM »

Except-----------Postal Inspector Holmes recalls Mr Oswald putting the encounter "First floor. Front entrance to the first floor".

Which, quite by coincidence, is exactly where DPD's first dispatches to the press 11/22 put the encounter-------and where Mr Billy Lovelady told Mr James Jarman he saw an Oswald-Officer-Truly encounter.

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1054 on: January 23, 2021, 08:36:17 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #1055 on: January 23, 2021, 10:02:58 PM »
Except-----------Postal Inspector Holmes recalls Mr Oswald putting the encounter "First floor. Front entrance to the first floor".

Which, quite by coincidence, is exactly where DPD's first dispatches to the press 11/22 put the encounter-------and where Mr Billy Lovelady told Mr James Jarman he saw an Oswald-Officer-Truly encounter.

Thumb1:

Where is Lovelady talking about an encounter? He is not even on the steps, instead he is looking back from 75 feet away and saw them enter the building.

Mr. BALL - By the time you left the steps had Mr. Truly entered the building?
Mr. LOVELADY - As we left the steps I would say we were at least 15. maybe 25. steps away from the building. I looked back and I saw him and the policeman running into the building.
Mr. BALL - How many steps?
Mr. LOVELADY - Twenty, 25.
Mr. BALL - Steps away and you looked back and saw him enter the building?
Mr. LOVELADY - Yes.

Quote the DPD Dispatches.