Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Who is this?  (Read 28009 times)

Online Royell Storing

Re: Who is this?
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2020, 03:53:34 PM »
Advertisement
   Do You see any room for a doorway/stairwell to the Left of that possible Freight Elevator? I have seen pics of that doorway/stairwell there on the West Side of the 6th Floor. The FBI also Filmed a re-creation of Oswald retrieving the rifle from the hidey-slot and then walking to/through the doorway and down the stairwell to the 2nd Floor. I did Not see a Freight Elevator situated to the Immediate right of that doorway/stairwell. There is something SCREWY with this pic being proffered as showing the area that the rifle was found along with the stairway/stairwell that Oswald allegedly used.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 03:56:28 PM by Royell Storing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2020, 03:53:34 PM »

Offline Nicholas Turner

« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2020, 04:01:07 PM »
   Do You see any room for a doorway/stairwell to the Left of that possible Freight Elevator? I have seen pics of that doorway/stairwell there on the West Side of the 6th Floor. The FBI also Filmed a re-creation of Oswald retrieving the rifle from the hidey-slot and then walking to/through the doorway and down the stairwell to the 2nd Floor. I did Not see a Freight Elevator situated to the Immediate right of that doorway/stairwell. There is something SCREWY with this pic being proffered as showing the area that the rifle was found along with the stairway/stairwell that Oswald allegedly used.

That is what I am saying. There isn't a stairwell to the left of the freight elevator so think this is a lower floor by the other freight elevator and not on the sixth floor. Apart from the title of the clip saying it's on the sixth who has claimed it is where the rifle was found on the sixth?

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2020, 04:24:46 PM »
That is what I am saying. There isn't a stairwell to the left of the freight elevator so think this is a lower floor by the other freight elevator and not on the sixth floor. Apart from the title of the clip saying it's on the sixth who has claimed it is where the rifle was found on the sixth?

Looking at the floor plan for Six--------------

--------------I don't see any problem. The stairwell is west of the freight elevator, and out of shot in both of these images:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2020, 04:24:46 PM »

Offline Nicholas Turner

« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2020, 04:38:30 PM »
Looking at the floor plan for Six--------------

--------------I don't see any problem. The stairwell is west of the freight elevator, and out of shot in both of these images:

Two things I think. One is the distance between the elevator and the wall the window is in. Seems too narrow for the stairwell as per the plan. the second is how far into the room the elevator is i.e. how far back you can see on the right hand side again compared to the plan.

The location in the clip looks the same as you one in the other photograph - absolutely. Just trying to make it fit with the plans I've seen of the sixth and the fifth.

Thinking out loud and happy to be shown to be wrong.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2020, 04:43:46 PM »
Two things I think. One is the distance between the elevator and the wall the window is in. Seems too narrow for the stairwell as per the plan.

Not sure I quite follow you here, Mr Turner. The stairwell is not between the elevator and the window-----it's over in the northwest corner.

And yes, the floor plan misleadingly stretches the elevator all the way to the wall. But that's not just the case for the sixth floor. Here e.g. is the fifth floor plan:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2020, 04:43:46 PM »

Offline Nicholas Turner

« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2020, 04:49:53 PM »
Not sure I quite follow you here, Mr Turner. The stairwell is not between the elevator and the window-----it's over in the northwest corner.

And yes, the floor plan misleadingly stretches the elevator all the way to the wall. But that's not just the case for the sixth floor. Here e.g. is the fifth floor plan:

The plan is misleading me then. I see the plan for the fifth says there was no opening on the fifth for the other elevator I was thinking this might be, so I'll stop thinking out loud  :)

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2020, 04:56:05 PM »
The plan is misleading me then. I see the plan for the fifth says there was no opening on the fifth for the other elevator I was thinking this might be, so I'll stop thinking out loud  :)

Not a problem, Mr Turner!

Here's where the cameraman was standing when he took the photo below:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2020, 04:56:05 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2020, 04:58:45 PM »
Two things I think. One is the distance between the elevator and the wall the window is in. Seems too narrow for the stairwell as per the plan. the second is how far into the room the elevator is i.e. how far back you can see on the right hand side again compared to the plan.

The location in the clip looks the same as you one in the other photograph - absolutely. Just trying to make it fit with the plans I've seen of the sixth and the fifth.

Thinking out loud and happy to be shown to be wrong.

Thanks for posting that floor plan. If that floor plan is correct, could the photo be of the OTHER TSBD? There were 2. Your right about that set-back to the Right of the Freight Elevator. That set-back runs several feet back/behind the freight elevator vs the floor plan showing a wall running right alongside the freight elevator. Also, we do not see ANY window(s) or light from any window(s) on the freight elevator side of the building.