Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Six Seconds in Dallas-- Old book, a must read  (Read 21548 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Six Seconds in Dallas-- Old book, a must read
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2020, 08:39:10 PM »
Advertisement
Josiah Thompson wrote Six Seconds in Dallas in 1967 after three years of intense research and investigation. It is chock full of valuable information.
I don't know if it's available on line, but I'm sure most libraries still have copies of it...... 

If you've read it there are a couple of points that i'd like to discuss.   

Here he explains how he made a mistake years ago:

Not a valid vimeo URL

Maybe your couple of points that you want to discuss are addressed in that video.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2020, 08:39:10 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2020, 08:54:02 PM »
Thompson got it right in this book. For some odd reason, he went back on it years later. But he had it right. The six-second sequence of the shooting is spot on. You can see it immediately after Kennedy is seen reappearing from the sign. Then it goes on to Z313 which is about 6.2 seconds or so.

There's been a lot of craziness in the coming years about shots way up earlier to justify the Tague chips shot, so-called sparks and so on. It's all baloney. Ask yourself - if there was a conspiracy (and I do believe there was) would the shooters have started to fire when they knew there was going to be an oak tree there? No, they wouldn't. Think of the zone like a box - as soon as the car was in the box - that's when the shooting starts. Exactly where Thompson said it was. It's not hard to figure out.

One important and overlooked piece of Shots Fired Information was revealed by Photog Dave Wiegman. He claims he felt the "compression" of a shot on his Face.  Wiegman: (1) at the top of Elm St. (2) 6 cars behind the JFK Limo, and (3) feeling "compression" from a fired shot, Automatically Rules Out that shot having been fired from Way Up on the TSBD 6th Floor.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 09:01:17 PM by Royell Storing »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2020, 09:06:18 PM »
Probably the best interview in the book is Josiah' s interview of Sam Holland.... ( Mark Lane also did a excellent interview of Sam Holland) And as Thompson said in SSID Holland possessed a rare kind of honesty and courage..... Which is exactly my observation in Mark Lane's video.....

The interviews Thompson did are invaluable. They can Not be Changed. Seeing Thompson banging around like Columbo in a beat up car and sporting wrinkled clothing prior to achieving success/$$ with his "6 Seconds" makes me think his changing assassination philosophy was more in line with "follow the money". I'm Not a Groden guy, but he stuck to his guns and was rewarded with a card table inside Dealey Plaza on weekends.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2020, 09:06:18 PM »

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2020, 09:14:49 PM »
   The interviews Thompson did are invaluable. They can Not be Changed. Seeing Thompson banging around like Columbo in a beat up car and sporting wrinkled clothing prior to achieving success/$$ with his "6 Seconds" makes me think his changing assassination philosophy was more in line with "follow the money". I'm Not a Groden guy, but he stuck to his guns and was rewarded with a card table inside Dealey Plaza on weekends.

Be nice if more critics had the willingness to let some claims go, as Thompson did in his "Chapter X" called "Answered and Unanswered Questions".

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2020, 09:18:02 PM »

Here he explains how he made a mistake years ago:

Not a valid vimeo URL

Maybe your couple of points that you want to discuss are addressed in that video.

Thank you Charles.....Thompson says he made a mistake about what he thought was two shots to JFK's head ( one from the back and another from the front ) just 1/18 of a second apart....   He now realizes that the forward motion ( what he thought was forward motion of JFK's head) was an illusion, which was created by the movement of Zapruder's camera.....    I'll have to look again but I don't understand how that erases the fact that JFK was flung violently backward at the time his head explodes.....   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2020, 09:18:02 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2020, 09:18:37 PM »
Be nice if more critics had the willingness to let some claims go, as Thompson did in his "Chapter X" called "Answered and Unanswered Questions".

The bottom line of the ledger sheet rules most of these people. Bill O'Reilly included. Like I said, "5 Fingers" Groden stood his ground and that's exactly where he Fell.

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2020, 09:19:33 PM »
   Yeah, everybody Knows that a bullet fired Downward and striking a victim in the Back will Exit via the Throat/ Adams Apple.

Sure. Anybody with a smidgen of common sense.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2020, 09:19:33 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2020, 09:42:45 PM »
Sure. Anybody with a smidgen of common sense.

Perfect. EVERY time this is posted it displays the bullet Exiting the upper chest/Sternum. Not in the neck/Above the tie knot. This Exiting from the Upper Chest/Sternum was also on display when Specter took that photo with him holding the pointer. "Plain as day"!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 09:43:21 PM by Royell Storing »