Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Six Seconds in Dallas-- Old book, a must read  (Read 22815 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Six Seconds in Dallas-- Old book, a must read
« on: April 23, 2020, 04:34:59 PM »
Advertisement
Josiah Thompson wrote Six Seconds in Dallas in 1967 after three years of intense research and investigation. It is chock full of valuable information.
I don't know if it's available on line, but I'm sure most libraries still have copies of it...... 

If you've read it there are a couple of points that i'd like to discuss.   

JFK Assassination Forum

Six Seconds in Dallas-- Old book, a must read
« on: April 23, 2020, 04:34:59 PM »

Online Royell Storing

Re: Six Seconds in Dallas-- Old book, a must read
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 05:01:24 PM »
   A BIG part of that book are the interviews of Eyewitnesses inside Dealey Plaza that Thompson conducted. PORTIONS of those Interviews are included in the book. Sitzman claimed to have witnessed seeing JFK HIT "between the eye and the ear". She also claimed to have been questioned by an Identified G-Man up on the Knoll. Thompson's interview of Bill Newman corroborates most if not all of what Sitzman detailed regarding where the shot(s) struck the head of JFK. Bearing in mind these interviews were conducted Only 3 years after the assassination means the memories were fresh in the mind of those being questioned by Thompson. Also, these interviews were possibly the 1st detailed Q/A interviews these witnesses gave. These interviews are Extremely Important Eyewitness Historical Documentation!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 05:02:34 PM by Royell Storing »

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 06:07:35 PM »
Thought Josiah Thompson was dead. Just see that he is still alive.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 06:07:35 PM »

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 07:08:52 PM »
I think he has a new book coming out soon.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 08:14:54 PM »
Josiah Thompson wrote Six Seconds in Dallas in 1967 after three years of intense research and investigation. It is chock full of valuable information.
I don't know if it's available on line, but I'm sure most libraries still have copies of it...... 

If you've read it there are a couple of points that i'd like to discuss.   

Tink backed away from the "shallow" back wound claim caused by a weak-charge round. The HSCA said the shift in muscle groups between how they were at wounding and how they were at autopsy probably sealed off the missile passage through the neck.

Nonetheless, the best CT book out there, followed by, I guess, Jim Marrs' "Crossfire".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 08:14:54 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 08:25:15 PM »
Tink backed away from the "shallow" back wound claim caused by a weak-charge round. The HSCA said the shift in muscle groups between how they were at wounding and how they were at autopsy probably sealed off the missile passage through the neck.

Nonetheless, the best CT book out there, followed by, I guess, Jim Marrs' "Crossfire".

Yeah, everybody Knows that a bullet fired Downward and striking a victim in the Back will Exit via the Throat/ Adams Apple.

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 08:30:36 PM »
Thompson got it right in this book. For some odd reason, he went back on it years later. But he had it right. The six-second sequence of the shooting is spot on. You can see it immediately after Kennedy is seen reappearing from the sign. Then it goes on to Z313 which is about 6.2 seconds or so.

There's been a lot of craziness in the coming years about shots way up earlier to justify the Tague chips shot, so-called sparks and so on. It's all baloney. Ask yourself - if there was a conspiracy (and I do believe there was) would the shooters have started to fire when they knew there was going to be an oak tree there? No, they wouldn't. Think of the zone like a box - as soon as the car was in the box - that's when the shooting starts. Exactly where Thompson said it was. It's not hard to figure out.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 08:30:36 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 08:38:16 PM »
   A BIG part of that book are the interviews of Eyewitnesses inside Dealey Plaza that Thompson conducted. PORTIONS of those Interviews are included in the book. Sitzman claimed to have witnessed seeing JFK HIT "between the eye and the ear". She also claimed to have been questioned by an Identified G-Man up on the Knoll. Thompson's interview of Bill Newman corroborates most if not all of what Sitzman detailed regarding where the shot(s) struck the head of JFK. Bearing in mind these interviews were conducted Only 3 years after the assassination means the memories were fresh in the mind of those being questioned by Thompson. Also, these interviews were possibly the 1st detailed Q/A interviews these witnesses gave. These interviews are Extremely Important Eyewitness Historical Documentation!

Probably the best interview in the book is Josiah' s interview of Sam Holland.... ( Mark Lane also did a excellent interview of Sam Holland) And as Thompson said in SSID Holland possessed a rare kind of honesty and courage..... Which is exactly my observation in Mark Lane's video.....