Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Jack Dougherty know how to count?  (Read 23071 times)

Offline Jerry Organ

Re: Did Jack Dougherty know how to count?
« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2020, 06:41:14 PM »
Advertisement
The point is my dear Johnny.... Howard Brennan swore that he believed that he"could identify the man if he ever saw him again"   He said that only a couple of hours before he went to view the line up in which Lee Oswald was present.

And you raise an excellent point in pointing out that Brennan saw Lee Oswald on the television prior to going to view the line up.   That occurred only a hour or so after he gave his affidavit in which he swore that he thought that he would be able to identify the 175 pound man if he ever saw him again.

If the man that he had seen aiming the hunting rifle out of a window had been Lee Oswald he would have recognized him ....

Do you believe that Lee Oswald lost about 45 pounds, and changed out of the light colored khaki clothing between 12:30 PM, the time of the shooting, and 5:00 pm the time of the line up??

Did Brennan ever say the man arrested (Lee Harvey Oswald) was the wrong man?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2020, 06:41:14 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2020, 07:42:39 PM »

As a matter of fact I believe he did....   But the cops wouldn't listen.....

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2020, 07:58:57 PM »

As a matter of fact I believe he did....   But the cops wouldn't listen.....

::)

There you go again

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2020, 07:58:57 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2020, 08:04:41 PM »

Maybe posthumously*
 ;)

*In his ghostwritten book, published 3 years after his death.

Edit: 11:23am EST
Ghost re-written
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 04:23:43 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2020, 09:12:14 PM »
And Chapman’s evidence that it was “ghostwritten”?

<crickets>

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2020, 09:12:14 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2020, 10:23:47 PM »

It seems to me that Brennan was being badgered to ID Lee Oswald as the man that he had seen with a hunting rifle who was standing behind a TSBD window....

And that was another thing that I called their attention to at the lineup.

Mr. BELIN. Do you remember the specific color of any shirt that the man with the rifle was wearing?
Mr. BRENNAN. No, other than light, and a khaki color--maybe in khaki. I mean other than light color--not a real white shirt, in other words. If it was a white shirt, it was on the dingy side.
Mr. BELIN. I am handing you what the court reporter has marked as Commission Exhibit 150.
Does this look like it might or might not be the shirt, or can you make at this time any positive identification of any kind?
Mr. BRENNAN. I would have expected it to be a little lighter--a shade or so lighter.
Mr. BELIN. Than Exhibit 150?
Mr. BRENNAN. That is the best of my recollection.
Mr. BELIN. All right.
Could you see the man's trousers at all?
Do you remember any color?
Mr. BRENNAN. I remembered them at that time as being similar to the same color of the shirt or a little lighter. And that was another thing that I called their attention to at the lineup.
Mr. BELIN. What do you mean by that?
Mr. BRENNAN. That he was not dressed in the same clothes that I saw the man in the window.
Mr. BELIN. You mean with reference to the trousers or the shirt?
Mr. BRENNAN. Well, not particularly either. In other words, he just didn't have the same clothes on.
Mr. BELIN. All right.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2020, 01:38:49 AM »

It seems to me that Brennan was being badgered to ID Lee Oswald as the man that he had seen with a hunting rifle who was standing behind a TSBD window....

And that was another thing that I called their attention to at the lineup.

Mr. BELIN. Do you remember the specific color of any shirt that the man with the rifle was wearing?
Mr. BRENNAN. No, other than light, and a khaki color--maybe in khaki. I mean other than light color--not a real white shirt, in other words. If it was a white shirt, it was on the dingy side.
Mr. BELIN. I am handing you what the court reporter has marked as Commission Exhibit 150.
Does this look like it might or might not be the shirt, or can you make at this time any positive identification of any kind?
Mr. BRENNAN. I would have expected it to be a little lighter--a shade or so lighter.
Mr. BELIN. Than Exhibit 150?
Mr. BRENNAN. That is the best of my recollection.
Mr. BELIN. All right.
Could you see the man's trousers at all?
Do you remember any color?
Mr. BRENNAN. I remembered them at that time as being similar to the same color of the shirt or a little lighter. And that was another thing that I called their attention to at the lineup.
Mr. BELIN. What do you mean by that?
Mr. BRENNAN. That he was not dressed in the same clothes that I saw the man in the window.
Mr. BELIN. You mean with reference to the trousers or the shirt?
Mr. BRENNAN. Well, not particularly either. In other words, he just didn't have the same clothes on.
Mr. BELIN. All right.

Don't you have a theory that Oswald changed his shirt and pants at the rooming house? Maybe Brennan noticed the clothing change, or maybe Oswald had the same shirt on as he had on earlier and it just appeared different under artificial light.

Mr. BELIN. Well, what happened in between to change your mind that you later
          decided to come forth and tell them you could identify him?
   Mr. BRENNAN. After Oswald was killed, I was relieved quite a bit that as far as
          pressure on myself of somebody not wanting me to identify anybody, there
          was no longer that immediate danger.
   Mr. BELIN. What is the fact as to whether or not your having seen Oswald on
          television would have affected your identification of him one way or the other?
   Mr. BRENNAN. That is something I do not know.
   Mr. BELIN. Mr. Brennan, could you tell us now whether you can or cannot
          positively identify the man you saw on the sixth floor window as the same
          man that you saw in the police station?
   Mr. BRENNAN. I could at that time I could, with all sincerity, identify him as
          being the same man.

I know Brennan had some problems, like other witnesses. I don't expect them to record details as if they were digital cameras. Some witnesses are only accurate on a few big things and weak on lesser things.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2020, 01:38:49 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2020, 01:56:18 AM »
Don't you have a theory that Oswald changed his shirt and pants at the rooming house? Maybe Brennan noticed the clothing change, or maybe Oswald had the same shirt on as he had on earlier and it just appeared different under artificial light.

Mr. BELIN. Well, what happened in between to change your mind that you later
          decided to come forth and tell them you could identify him?
   Mr. BRENNAN. After Oswald was killed, I was relieved quite a bit that as far as
          pressure on myself of somebody not wanting me to identify anybody, there
          was no longer that immediate danger.
   Mr. BELIN. What is the fact as to whether or not your having seen Oswald on
          television would have affected your identification of him one way or the other?
   Mr. BRENNAN. That is something I do not know.
   Mr. BELIN. Mr. Brennan, could you tell us now whether you can or cannot
          positively identify the man you saw on the sixth floor window as the same
          man that you saw in the police station?
   Mr. BRENNAN. I could at that time I could, with all sincerity, identify him as
          being the same man.

I know Brennan had some problems, like other witnesses. I don't expect them to record details as if they were digital cameras. Some witnesses are only accurate on a few big things and weak on lesser things.

Not a theory , Mr. O..... Captain Fritz wrote that Lee Oswald went to his room and changed his clothes before going to the theater.

Lee's dirty clothes were found in his room...but those dirty clothes were NOT light colored khaki......There were no light colored khaki clothes found in Lee's room.

Maybe Brennan noticed the clothing change, or maybe Oswald had the same shirt on as he had on earlier and it just appeared different under artificial light.

No, Lee didn't have the same shirt on.....  The detective ( Potts) who listed the items of clothing found in Lee's room. ... Potts described the shirt as a long sleeved sport shirt, reddish brown in color with a BUTTON DOWN COLLAR...     Was the shirt that Lee was wearing at the theater REDDISH BROWN?  Did it have a BUTTON DOWN COLOR?   ( see Potts exhibit)   And the trousers were dark grey..... 

Brennan said that the 175 pound man's trousers were a LIGHTER color than the man's "dingy white shirt"    Lee's trousers were a DARK grey......
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 02:54:20 PM by Walt Cakebread »