Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Did Jack Dougherty know how to count?  (Read 3734 times)

Online Colin Crow

Re: Did Jack Dougherty know how to count?
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2019, 08:01:51 AM »
We need one of those "perfect call" translators to interpret Jack's testimony.

Online Walt Cakebread

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2019, 04:01:41 PM »
JD screwed up his time line....

Thank you for posting Dougherty's affidavit....

Notice that in all his statements to authorities Dougherty clearly says that he heard only ONE explosion.    I believe Dougherty.... Although he clearly is confused about the various times that he thought events happened.  He most certainly did know how many explosions he heard. (Just one)

This is verified by the three stooges, Jarman, Williams, and Norman,  who heard an explosion from above their heads ....But since they were at windows that were open they also heard two other detonations.    Dougherty was at the rear of the building and there was much sound deadening material between him and the front of the building, so he heard only the explosion that occurred inside the building ....

Incidentally....  A person suffering from dementia has problems with chronology and dates....  I believe that Jack Dougherty had Alzheimer's or some sort of serious mental problem.   

Online Walt Cakebread

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2019, 04:15:40 PM »
We need one of those "perfect call" translators to interpret Jack's testimony.

I don't believe that would help.  I believe that  Dougherty was suffering from some sort of dementia....and he couldn't keep the chronology of events straight......
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 12:31:51 AM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2020, 01:51:41 AM »
Perhaps Jack was taking a lunch hour nap on the 7th floor

The location perhaps at the southwest corner of 7th floor just above the 6th floor SW window from whence the 313  head shot fired by the 30-06 hunting rifle w/large scope was the loud sound that woke Jack from his nap

Offline Anthony Clayden

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2020, 02:06:25 AM »
Maybe he was in the stairs or in the left at the time of some of the shots..

Online Walt Cakebread

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2020, 04:28:43 PM »

Yes, it's possible that Lee was on the stairs between the first and second floor, and on his way to get a coke from the coke machine, when the shots were fired.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2020, 08:48:10 PM »
1) He didn't get the memo.
2) Only one shot was fired.

Dougherty was mental
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 09:25:39 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2020, 09:16:37 PM »
Dougherty would probably be classified as being on the Autism Spectrum today.

Friends of mine have a son who is autistic; and said he has no idea about the value of numbers. He can't do math at all, and once told me he can ski 300mph. He has a job helping to teach autistic kids how to ski, but he screws up anything to do with numbers.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 04:24:39 AM by Bill Chapman »

Online Walt Cakebread

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2020, 12:26:09 AM »
Dougherty would probably be classified as being on the Autism Spectrum today.

Friends of mine have a son who is autistic; and said he has no idea about the value of numbers. He can't do math at all, and once told me he can ski 300mph. He has a job helping to teach autistic kids how to ski, but he screws up anything to do with numbers.

This is one of your posts that might be helpful....  I agree that Dougherty had some kind of mental problem.... But I doubt that he couldn't recognize that there was more than one shot if he had heard more than one....  He said repeatedly that he had heard only ONE loud noise.    I believe that is all he heard...ONE .... 

He was at the back of the building and any shots outside of the building would probably not be audible ....  So if he heard just one explosion from somewhere above perhaps he heard the shot that Brennan said he thought he witnessed.    Brennan said that he felt the man STANDING with the hunting rifle  who was wearing light colored  khaki clothing.....had fired from the window.     I believe Brennan saw the man STANDING behind a window at the WEST end of the sixth floor....A position that would have made it possible for Dougherty to hear a shot .

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2020, 01:16:36 AM »
What isn't guesswork is that Brennan often prefaced his responses, in testimony, with 'appeared to be'... which in turn speaks to the fact that he apparently didn't realize that the windows were so close to the floor.

And color and the terms used to describe it is purely subjective; not-to-mention that strong sunlight can lighten any color.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 01:27:52 AM by Bill Chapman »

Mobile View