Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: How long did it take for the freight elevators to traverse 1 floor of the TSBD?  (Read 2319 times)

Offline Margaret Kelly

Advertisement
I think i read somewhere that it took 1 minute (or something like that) to travel up (or down) the full 7 floors. So that would be about 10 seconds to travel 1 floor. But i can't find that source anywhere.

Does anyone know?

P.S. Was there a dividing wall between the 2 freight elevators (ie when the work crew were racing the elevators down, could the crew in the west elevator see the crew in the east elevator and visa-versa)?

« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 11:53:24 PM by Margaret Kelly »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Mytton

I think i read somewhere that it took 1 minute (or something like that) to travel up (or down) the full 7 floors. So that would be about 10 seconds to travel 1 floor. But i can't find that source anywhere.

Does anyone know?

P.S. Was there a dividing wall between the 2 freight elevators (ie when the work crew were racing the elevators down, could the crew in the west elevator see the crew in the east elevator and visa-versa)?

Weren't you buying boxes to make your very own Sniper's Nest, what happened? and do you have any photographs of what you did?

JohnM

Offline John Iacoletti

No, the openings faced opposite directions.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Colin Crow

I believe the speed of the elevators to be about 10 seconds per floor. Billie Lovelady suggested to to be about half that but a test conducted by the SS (or FBI, can’t remember) indicated he was in error. There may have been a thin open strip above eyeline between the two. I think that was suggested in Truly's testimony.

Offline Margaret Kelly

I believe the speed of the elevators to be about 10 seconds per floor. Billie Lovelady suggested to to be about half that but a test conducted by the SS (or FBI, can’t remember) indicated he was in error. There may have been a thin open strip above eyeline between the two. I think that was suggested in Truly's testimony.

Thanks. I must keep a look out for that SS or FBI report. It's not in the Warren Report from what i can see. Not in the main part of the report anyway.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Chapman

Thanks. I must keep a look out for that SS or FBI report. It's not in the Warren Report from what i can see. Not in the main part of the report anyway.

The original-manufacture specs for elevators should be available online
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 06:13:36 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Margaret Kelly

The original-manufacture specs for elevators should be available online

But the elevators as they were on Nov 22nd 1963, might not have been operating at the same pace as they were when originally installed (just like horses escape from a cars engine).

The online document "The Ups and Downs of the TSBD" does not cover the speed of the elevators. Does anyone know any document that has researched these freight elevators in detail?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Chapman

But the elevators as they were on Nov 22nd 1963, might not have been operating at the same pace as they were when originally installed (just like horses escape from a cars engine).

The online document "The Ups and Downs of the TSBD" does not cover the speed of the elevators. Does anyone know any document that has researched these freight elevators in detail?

I read somewhere that in 1963 a new elevator was installed from floors 1-4, meant for office staff