Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The JFK Limo Gallery  (Read 2897 times)

Offline Duncan MacRae

• Administrator
    • JFK Assassination Photographs
The JFK Limo Gallery
« on: December 06, 2019, 11:53:41 AM »
Advertisement
The JFK Limo Gallery
To visit Robin's JFK Limo Gallery, click this link https://www.jfkassassinationgallery.com/thumbnails.php?album=30 or click on the image example below.

JFK Assassination Forum

The JFK Limo Gallery
« on: December 06, 2019, 11:53:41 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

Re: The JFK Limo Gallery
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 02:54:08 PM »

Not perfect, but my model is hitting more match points than the commercial model.

I suspect Hum3D scanned a replica limousine and that was it. When you put in two years revisiting your model and you have a genuine interest in the subject, things tend to get better.

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 03:01:49 PM »
So what's the goal of your model, Jerry? Genuinely curious.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 03:01:49 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 03:35:46 PM »
So what's the goal of your model, Jerry? Genuinely curious.

If we're going to do wound and assassination-photo recreation, we need reasonably accurate models. Mine aren't there and may never be. I've hit a technology ceiling with my computer.

Meanwhile, soak it up with Cartoon Ernie and his Hum3D model. ( Link )

« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 03:42:25 PM by Jerry Organ »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 09:27:25 PM »
If we're going to do wound and assassination-photo recreation, we need reasonably accurate models. Mine aren't there and may never be. I've hit a technology ceiling with my computer.

Meanwhile, soak it up with Cartoon Ernie and his Hum3D model. ( Link )

Aside from this being kinda weird, why is it there is Never a Back Rest on Connally's jump seat when this is done? There is scant clearance between the back rest and the underarm/armpit of Connally. The Connally back rest further complicates the SBT.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 09:33:32 PM by Royell Storing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 09:27:25 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 12:24:26 AM »
   Aside from this being kinda weird, why is it there is Never a Back Rest on Connally's jump seat when this is done? There is scant clearance between the back rest and the underarm/armpit of Connally. The Connally back rest further complicates the SBT.

The top of the jump-seat-back is several inches below Connally's armpit area and so did not interfere with the bullet path.

See where the top of Nellie's seat-back is in the above photo; it can be seen in the side-window of the parade bar. The Governor's seat-back is the same height.

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2019, 01:01:09 AM »

The top of the jump-seat-back is several inches below Connally's armpit area and so did not interfere with the bullet path.

See where the top of Nellie's seat-back is in the above photo; it can be seen in the side-window of the parade bar. The Governor's seat-back is the same height.

Thanks. Now it would be interesting to actual see the clearance between the top of the back rest and where the bullet entered Connolly at about the arm pit level. Also, the visual aid you supplied shows Connally being struck while turned to his right with his (R) arm actually behind him. This depiction is Contrary to Connally's recollection of being struck amidst turning to his Left and his looking almost straight ahead.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2019, 01:01:09 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2019, 01:21:27 AM »
    Thanks. Now it would be interesting to actual see the clearance between the top of the back rest and where the bullet entered Connolly at about the arm pit level. Also, the visual aid you supplied shows Connally being struck while turned to his right with his (R) arm actually behind him. This depiction is Contrary to Connally's recollection of being struck amidst turning to his Left and his looking almost straight ahead.

Plenty of clearance. Nellie is facing forward and the top of the seat-back is well below her armpit. Connally's left shoulder and torso are facing more forward than Kellerman is. Compare the Governor's left shoulder height with the top of Nellie's seat-back. His right shoulder bought to his side would be no higher or lower than the left shoulder seen in the photo.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 06:44:10 PM by Jerry Organ »