Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Dallas..The Same Then...Later...and Now  (Read 3606 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Dallas..The Same Then...Later...and Now
« on: December 24, 2019, 03:12:10 AM »
Advertisement

The Strangest STORY I Ever Covered

The double life of John McKee: a city father who duped Dallas
By Hugh Aynesworth Published in D Magazine August 1983

I was the bureau chief in Houston for Newsweek, but once a year the editors decreed that every bureau person should come “home” to see how the other half lived. I had vowed that I would take it easy for a couple of weeks.
A single phone call changed all that.
 It was from George Carter, a veteran Dallas Times Herald police reporter. He got straight to the point: “What would you say if I told you that John McKee was a criminal?” I wasn’t sure I had heard Carter correctly-McKee was president of the Greater Dallas Crime Commission.
I had. A private detective had compiled a dossier on McKee, Carter said, and had found that he probably wasn’t John McKee at all, but a Navy deserter and a thief named James Kell Zullinger.
I was incredulous. McKee was the strongest law-and-order voice that Dallas had ever known. So why wasn’t the Times Herald using the story?
The full story----  https://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d-magazine/1983/august/the-strangest-story-1-ever-covered/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Price of Loyalty: The Feds Thought They Had All They Needed to Nail John Wiley Price — Except Witnesses
Jim Schutze | May 1, 2017 | 9:49am

Dallas County Commissioner John Wiley Price strode solemnly out the backdoor of the Earle Cabell Federal Courthouse in downtown Dallas after his verdict was delivered, tersely telling a large scrum of reporters engulfing him, “The jury has spoken.”

No one disputed that, but some people are still wondering if the jury that acquitted him might have said something different. Those discussions come down to the government’s basic theory of the case.

The best thing the federal government had going for it in previous landmark public corruption trial victories in Dallas was the one it did not have in the just concluded bribery and tax evasion trial of the 67-year-old Price – a big enough flip.
The full story---  https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/john-wiley-price-walks-how-dallas-us-attorneys-blew-the-case-against-9421644

JFK Assassination Forum

Dallas..The Same Then...Later...and Now
« on: December 24, 2019, 03:12:10 AM »