Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Assassination 3D animation by Mark Tyler  (Read 11522 times)

Offline Mark Tyler

• Motorcade 63
Re: Assassination 3D animation by Mark Tyler
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2020, 01:55:12 PM »
Advertisement
Mark, as always nice job on your work. I know media stuff is time consuming to make as I've done it for my entire career. But it'd be cool if you could put a circle in the building up by the window and it'd be LHO then kind of move him around like he puts the rifle in the hiding place then goes down the stairs. I know you can't do depth [meaning showing him going from the 6th to 2nd floor] but kind of make it look like he's going downstairs and then he [supposedly] meets up with the cop in the lunchroom.

Indeed Michael, multimedia is very time consuming!  In the case of animating the inside of the TSBD I suspect a whole new animation would be needed, utilising some kind of semi transparent 3D projection so you could see the people moving around and walking up and down the stairs.

I saw a still drawing depiction of this in Gerald Posner's Case Closed book, but it's impossible to judge plausibility with just a still image.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2020, 01:55:12 PM »

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2020, 02:24:45 PM »
I suspect a whole new animation would be needed, utilising some kind of semi transparent 3D projection so you could see the people moving around and walking up and down the stairs.

Why not consider a 2D animation of the Tippit shooting as a good place to start (rather than a complex 3D animation of the inside of the TSBD). Dale Myers has some good 3D sketches on his website of where the different eyewitnesses were so you'd have a head start from that aspect of things.

Offline Mark Tyler

• Motorcade 63
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2020, 04:26:09 PM »
Why not consider a 2D animation of the Tippit shooting as a good place to start (rather than a complex 3D animation of the inside of the TSBD). Dale Myers has some good 3D sketches on his website of where the different eyewitnesses were so you'd have a head start from that aspect of things.

I must confess I am not as knowledgeable about the Tippit crime scene as the Dealey Plaza crime scene.  Having said that, you are right, a recreation of the Tippit scene on top of a 2D map should make things easier to understand regarding the movements of the witnesses and the cars.

Has Dale Myers not done an animated reconstruction of the Tippit scene?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2020, 04:26:09 PM »

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2020, 07:13:25 PM »
Has Dale Myers not done an animated reconstruction of the Tippit scene?

I dont think he has. All i've seen on his website are still 3D images.

Offline Mark Tyler

• Motorcade 63
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2020, 01:01:11 PM »
I have just published version 2.1 of Motorcade 63 here:

https://www.marktyler.org/mc63.html

As always thanks to those who have taken the time to share their thoughts and help me make the work better with each iteration.

The video only has a few minor changes, such as the dictabelt audio.  Having studied both channels I have concluded that the so called crosstalk is the most reliable sync point about a minute or so after the shots were fired.  The detail of this synchronization is in the handbook appendix D.3 where I have itemised the second by second events on both channels relative to the animation clock:

https://www.marktyler.org/mc63/mc63_handbook.pdf

Although the channels are clearly discontinuous at various early points, I think that in the animation around 12:30:00 both channels are recording continuously in real time from when Jesse Curry mentions approaching the triple underpass.  This is seemingly correct judging from the various timed announcements within those few minutes.

The big effort I put into this release was an exhaustive survey of 283 witnesses who gave information in statements or interviews regarding the shots that were fired.  The full survey data is publicly available here:

https://www.marktyler.org/mc63/mc63_dpws.csv

A full visualisation of this data is available in the handbook in appendix F (page 120).  I have also taken this opportunity to reorganise the handbook so all of the analysis of theories is done relative to the survey results.

In some areas the witnesses are collectively fairly certain about what happened in Dealey Plaza, but in other areas they are sharply divided.  For example 73% of witnesses heard three shots fired in total, and 75% of reliable witnesses are certain that just a single shot was fired around or before Z225-Z240 when the first unambiguous effects of gunfire are seen in the Zapruder film.  By contrast the witnesses are very split on these issues:

• 58% of reliable witnesses are certain that no more than one shot was fired around the time of Z313, whereas 32% are certain that a second shot was also fired around this time.
  • 54% of reliable witnesses are certain that no shots were fired after Z313, whereas 38% are certain that at least one shot was fired after Z313.
  • 59% of reliable witnesses thought that at least two shots were bunched together somewhere during the shooting, whereas 41% thought the shots were evenly spaced with no bunches.

In summary, the most reliable witnesses are evenly split regarding when the third shot was fired: either it was within a second or two of Z313; or it was fired 3-6 seconds after Z313.  If both sets of witnesses are correct then there were at least four shots fired that day.

Hopefully researchers will find this quantitative and qualitative work useful in evaluating the many theories in this case.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2020, 01:01:11 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2020, 08:09:01 AM »
Not a valid vimeo URL
This is a pretty amazing piece of work. I found this over at the (un)Education Forum. I reached out to him and told him he should insert at least Lovelady and Frazier up on the steps of the building because of the *possibility* it may be Oswald up there. Some of the so-called "experts" over there (you know who you are...or maybe not LOL) are already overwhelming him with "48 FPS and not this many FPS." He's already like, "Let me make sure I understand you."

LOL

It's too bad he has the number, direction, and timing of the shots all screwed up.

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 08:10:18 AM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Mark Tyler

• Motorcade 63
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2020, 10:02:03 PM »
I've just published version 2.2 of Motorcade 63, the reference handbook, and the witness survey (which now lists over 400 witnesses):

I added Virgie Baker to the animation as she gave evidence regarding the first shot hitting the road (corroborated by Royce Skelton).  The animation proves this could only have occurred during Z175-Z215 as the cars blocked her view of the bullet impact zone outside those two seconds (full details are in the handbook appendix E.5).  This matches the cluster of evidence that the first shot was fired near Z185, such as John Connally who heard a shot fired two seconds before he was hit around Z225.  This timing is corroborated by several witnesses such as Gloria Calvery, Karen Westbrook, Phil Willis, and A.J. Millican who were all very close to the Presidential limo when the first shot was fired.

After nearly two years of sitting on the fence regarding this case I have concluded that there were probably two gunman firing shots that day.  It's the only way to properly explain all of the evidence without leaving loose ends.  Especially notable are the pair of shots fired between Z185 and Z225 which could not have both been fired from the gun found in the TSBD in that short space of time.

If you try to shoehorn the evidence into a single gunman firing just three shots then too many corroborated witnesses statements have to be discarded.  Witnesses in this case do make mistakes but typically they are due to a lack of awareness (such as not hearing a shot due to being distracted) or errors of misinterpretation (like Jean Hill thinking she saw a white dog in the limo rather than white flowers).  By contrast, when so many witnesses independently corroborate each other with detailed statements given very soon after the assassination, I accept what they say as having some basis in fact.

If anyone spots errors or omissions feel free to let me know as I'm always happy to improve and fix things!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2020, 10:02:03 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2020, 03:19:51 AM »
I've just published version 2.2 of Motorcade 63, the reference handbook, and the witness survey (which now lists over 400 witnesses):

I added Virgie Baker to the animation as she gave evidence regarding the first shot hitting the road (corroborated by Royce Skelton).  The animation proves this could only have occurred during Z175-Z215 as the cars blocked her view of the bullet impact zone outside those two seconds (full details are in the handbook appendix E.5). 

Did Skelton mean viewer left or car's left (driver-side)?

This matches the cluster of evidence that the first shot was fired near Z185, such as John Connally who heard a shot fired two seconds before he was hit around Z225.  This timing is corroborated by several witnesses such as Gloria Calvery, Karen Westbrook, Phil Willis, and A.J. Millican who were all very close to the Presidential limo when the first shot was fired.

After nearly two years of sitting on the fence regarding this case I have concluded that there were probably two gunman firing shots that day.  It's the only way to properly explain all of the evidence without leaving loose ends.  Especially notable are the pair of shots fired between Z185 and Z225 which could not have both been fired from the gun found in the TSBD in that short space of time.

If you try to shoehorn the evidence into a single gunman firing just three shots then too many corroborated witnesses statements have to be discarded.  Witnesses in this case do make mistakes but typically they are due to a lack of awareness (such as not hearing a shot due to being distracted) or errors of misinterpretation (like Jean Hill thinking she saw a white dog in the limo rather than white flowers).  By contrast, when so many witnesses independently corroborate each other with detailed statements given very soon after the assassination, I accept what they say as having some basis in fact.

The witness statements are generally unreliable and any well-meaning reconciliation usually leads to confirmation bias, no matter how immune we figure we are. The Zapruder film has just two bullet strikes in it: the head shot at Z312-313 and the double-wounding in the early-Z220s.

If anyone spots errors or omissions feel free to let me know as I'm always happy to improve and fix things!

Maybe not an error, but I always see, starting with Thompson in 1967, Bower's reference to a "wall" taken to be the pergola's East Shelter.

Most of the car disappears from Bowers' view about the Z150s. There are then people between Bowers and the top area of the car until it goes behind the pergola. My model doesn't show the trees and spectators, and so seems more open-spaced. I only have a rough estimate of Bowers viewing position. Maybe Bowers meant the low wall extending from the shelter to the street.