Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Darnell and Other Films at the Sixth Floor Museum - Introduction  (Read 6429 times)

Offline Larry Trotter

Re: Darnell and Other Films at the Sixth Floor Museum - Introduction
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2019, 07:32:34 PM »
Advertisement
Yes I did. Although I did not plan on that aspect I found myself somewhat surprised at the crispness of the PrayerPerson's neckline. We've not seen anything like that on these forums. I'd of liked, in retrospect, turning the monitor on its back and tracing the figure with my soft lead pencil. Instead, over two days, I made three sketches (I'm no artist). This is working on an image maybe an inch or two tall on the monitor  - no zoom function - no animated gifs- no enhancements. I'm still not sure what to make of it. I saw no recognizable feature on the face.  :-\

I suppose my first inquiry would be if there is any detectable indication of a head scarf, or a neck scarf. In any event, much appreciated, wherever it leads.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2019, 07:32:34 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2019, 09:44:12 PM »
Yes I did. Although I did not plan on that aspect I found myself somewhat surprised at the crispness of the PrayerPerson's neckline. We've not seen anything like that on these forums. I'd of liked, in retrospect, turning the monitor on its back and tracing the figure with my soft lead pencil. Instead, over two days, I made three sketches (I'm no artist). This is working on an image maybe an inch or two tall on the monitor  - no zoom function - no animated gifs- no enhancements. I'm still not sure what to make of it. I saw no recognizable feature on the face.  :-\

Many thanks for this, Mr Hackerott!

Any impressions from what you saw as to PrayerPerson's gender??

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2019, 04:34:36 AM »
Many thanks for this, Mr Hackerott!

Any impressions from what you saw as to PrayerPerson's gender??
Sorry, no more spoilers.  I just need to focus on completing Part2 - Behind the Fence.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2019, 04:34:36 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2019, 02:49:48 PM »
Royell,
I just received an email from Krishna at the SFM Reading Room. Their Mark Bell version does include the sprocket images, edge to edge. I asked if the museum had rights to that film and they do not. So any screen captures etc are not permissible. I've already started a to-do list and hope to make a short followup trip, probably around springtime.

James

Just tell them that JFK researchers have never respected anything copyrighted, as that would be suppressing their "freedom of speech".

Offline Denis Morissette

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2019, 02:03:39 AM »
There are two sequences taken from the top of the knoll. One was taken by A.J. L'Hoste of WFAA, not Couch. I thought the other one where you see a girl in skirt running down the knoll was by Darnell. Thanks.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2019, 02:03:39 AM »

Offline Denis Morissette

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2019, 03:28:48 AM »
Krishna is such a cutie. I met her twice. ;D

Offline Denis Morissette

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2019, 03:30:21 AM »
A friend of mine saw the Darnell film at the Researcher's Room a few months ago, and he saw the film taken from the top of the knoll. That seems to contradict your observations.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2019, 03:30:21 AM »

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2019, 03:30:48 AM »
A friend of mine saw the Darnell film at the Researcher's Room a few months ago, and he saw the film taken from the top of the knoll. That seems to contradict your observations.
Denis, thank you for that info. Recently I decided my initial impression was not correct, and indeed the girl running down the hill is part of the Darnell film. I based my earlier conclusion from the very last second of that clip. In the museum's film that last second or so shows a tanker truck entering the frame in the center lane of Elm. I had not seen that tanker truck in any previous versions of that clip. I'll have to add this to my list of corrections.

By the way Denis, I used your compilation for a visual aid. I'm not sure that it is your latest and greatest version. If you would point me to your best version I'll update the link.