Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Back to the movies with Julia Postal  (Read 29269 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Back to the movies with Julia Postal
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2019, 05:58:54 PM »
Advertisement
Besides, there's no sign of a announcement of a cop's shooting prior to Oswald's arrest in the existing KLIF recordings.

https://archive.org/details/KennedyAssassination-Klif-amDallas-FridayNovember221963

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2019, 05:58:54 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2019, 06:59:22 PM »
.... appeared Johnny Calvin Brewer w/m/22 of 512 N. Lancaster, Apt. 102, WH1 4793. Bus: 213 W. Jefferson, Hardy Shoe Store
I had heard on the radio that the President had been shot, also that a policeman had been shot in Oak Cliff. About 1:30 pm I saw a man standing in the lobby of the shoe store. This man was wearing a brown sport shirt.------ The reason I noticed the man in front of the store was because he acted so nervous, and I thought at the time he might be the man that had shot the policeman. /s/ Johnny C. Brewer
SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN BEFORE ME THIS 6 DAY OF December A.D. 1963 

/s/ Mary Rattan
Notary Public, Dallas County, Texas
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/brewer1.htm

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2019, 08:25:20 PM »
According to the last lines of her testimony [posted above] Postal stated that she did not know about a policeman getting shot until after Oswald was arrested. Earlier [if one reads] she stated that she was listening to her transistor radio to KLIF. Johnny Brewer was also listening [and intently heard about the cop]...according to his testimony/affidavit to KLIF. Very odd that they didn't hear the same information or mutually communicate this news :-\
Where did Brewer state in his affidavit or testimony that he was listening to KLIF? I don't see it.

Affidavit: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/brewer1.htm
Testimony: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/brewer_j.htm

The odd thing to me is that Lee Oswald showed no interest in what happened to the president - he was apparently shot right outside the building where he worked - that he left the building without trying to find out what happened, and he never showed at any time the slightest interest in finding out what happened to the president.

For a political person like Oswald that's pretty odd behavior.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2019, 08:25:20 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2019, 09:40:47 PM »
Besides, there's no sign of a announcement of a cop's shooting prior to Oswald's arrest in the existing KLIF recordings.

https://archive.org/details/KennedyAssassination-Klif-amDallas-FridayNovember221963
On part 2 --the bulletin comes at 2:47 minutes/secs into the recording--"THREE shots ..reportedly... were fired at the motorcade...."  I've always wondered who provided that exact number so quickly. The recording actually starts at 12:37PM [according to the time stamp at 1:17 min/sec] At or before and after 1:00PM it is repeatedly reported that police are looking for just one guy with a description that could fit any 5000 guys in the general downtown vicinity. 36:45 min/sec a guy @Field and Elm was arrested...I wonder what what was up there? @42:37 min/sec "Dallas Police reported that a Secret Service agent had been killed". @52:15 min/sec---erroneously reported that Vice President Johnson was shot. @55:18 min/sec a report came in that ..."indications now are that more than one assailant was involved". What were those 'indications'?

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2019, 09:55:57 PM »
Where did Brewer state in his affidavit or testimony that he was listening to KLIF? I don't see it.
On Nov 22 1963 everybody was listening to KLIF...even me. They reported the shooting of the policeman at 1:55PM [or 18 minutes into part 3.] This would have been after Oswald was arrested anyway which makes Brewer a liar whether he was listening to KLIF or Radio Moscow. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2019, 09:55:57 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2019, 10:06:44 PM »
On Nov 22 1963 everybody was listening to KLIF...even me.

Everybody? There was only one radio station in Dallas?

JohnM
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 10:09:12 PM by John Mytton »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2019, 10:15:20 PM »

They had their man...call it cops intuition  ;D

If a man punches a cop for no reason and then produces a revolver and attempts to kill a Police Officer, how does "intuition" figure into the cops behaviour?

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2019, 10:15:20 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2019, 10:43:48 PM »
As far as I know, nobody has ever located any radio broadcast that mentioned Tippit's shooting before 1:30.  Even Dale Myers acknowledged that.