Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Sniper nest shadows  (Read 8898 times)

Offline Patrick Jackson

Sniper nest shadows
« on: October 27, 2019, 11:53:04 AM »
Advertisement
While searching for the CE142 topic I have compared sniper nest shadows and it seems there is something very wrong with the official WC story.
If you arrange photos by the shadow lines, here is how it looks like:
Earliest photo:

Later photos:

Afternoon photo:

The question is why there is no photo of the gun shells taken at the same time when the earliest photo was taken?
Because the gun shells were planted later than the earliest photo?

Bellow left photo is taken prior to the right one and if you compare tiny floor markings seems there are no gun shells on the earlier photo?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 12:22:51 PM by Patrick Jackson »

JFK Assassination Forum

Sniper nest shadows
« on: October 27, 2019, 11:53:04 AM »

Offline Patrick Jackson

Re: Sniper nest shadows
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 04:03:50 PM »
The point is that there is no chance bellow picture was taken later than 12:30PM on 11/22/63.
Most probably it was taken the following morning, 11/23/63.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 07:09:29 AM »

The earliest untouched photo shows the shells in Oswald's Sniper's Nest and the rifle rest boxes original positions. And as proof Jerry Organ and Charles used the position of the boxes and made 3D graphics and the position of the box corner overhanging the window in this position corresponds to the corner seen in Powell's and Dillard's photos.

And as Patrick above says, the overhead box view is a recreation and was taken at a later time. The following GIF shows the original position and the recreated position.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 07:09:29 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 07:47:14 AM »
The earliest untouched photo shows the shells in Oswald's Sniper's Nest and the rifle rest boxes original positions. And as proof Jerry Organ and Charles used the position of the boxes and made 3D graphics and the position of the box corner overhanging the window in this position corresponds to the corner seen in Powell's and Dillard's photos.

And as Patrick above says, the overhead box view is a recreation and was taken at a later time. The following GIF shows the original position and the recreated position.

JohnM

John, the find of what appears to be CE 142 in CE 503 (508) and CE 723 is what triggered the query about shadows/time. Is there a away of  investigating the shadows of this image to determine the approximate time? As you are aware CE 142 would have been present between 2 and 3pm.

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth339412/m1/1/high_res_d/

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 09:33:34 AM »
John, the find of what appears to be CE 142 in CE 503 (508) and CE 723 is what triggered the query about shadows/time. Is there a away of  investigating the shadows of this image to determine the approximate time? As you are aware CE 142 would have been present between 2 and 3pm.

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth339412/m1/1/high_res_d/

Hi Colin, thanks for the high res image and after a search for some sort of sun interaction with something on the inside I noticed the down pipe with the window frame shadow, so perhaps with the help of Charles's 3D sniper's nest model with the pipes, it should be easy enough to put in different sun angles so we can get a pretty close approximation of the time.

JohnM

« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 10:05:30 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 09:33:34 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 10:09:13 AM »
Hi Colin, thanks for the high res image and after a search for some sort of sun interaction with something on the inside I noticed the down pipe with the window frame shadow, so perhaps with the help of Charles's 3D sniper's nest model with the pipes, it should be easy enough to put in different sun angles so we can get a pretty close approximation of the time.

JohnM

The 3D program that I am using does allow me to specify the time and date and will position the sun accordingly. I can input any time you want and see where the shadows fall. I think that Jerry might have a more precise model of the structure than I have. (I have improvised some items due to the computer program that I am using.) So if Jerry has the same capability regarding the time and position of the sun, it would be good to compare his results with mine. By the way, I am having trouble seeing the shadow lines in the photo due to flash from the camera. What are the red and green arrows showing?

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 10:17:46 AM »
The 3D program that I am using does allow me to specify the time and date and will position the sun accordingly. I can input any time you want and see where the shadows fall. I think that Jerry might have a more precise model of the structure than I have. (I have improvised some items due to the computer program that I am using.) So if Jerry has the same capability regarding the time and position of the sun, it would be good to compare his results with mine. By the way, I am having trouble seeing the shadow lines in the photo due to flash from the camera. What are the red and green arrows showing?

Thanks Charles.
The red arrow on the left is the shadow from the window frame on the pipe.
The green arrow can be seen in both images and is 2 bolts.
The purple arrow on the left shows the bottom of window's shadow on the pipe.

JohnM

« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 10:59:44 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 10:17:46 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2019, 02:19:59 PM »
The earliest untouched photo shows the shells in Oswald's Sniper's Nest and the rifle rest boxes original positions.
Which demonstrates Patrick's point. The ejected shells would have flown far to the right of the window [were you to understand anything about rifles] Instead, a shell was obviously planted right below the middle of the the sill where it could be easily found and the others in close proximity.